Pre Collision System - just bought it!! - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) Discussion about the 2013 GS models

Pre Collision System - just bought it!!

Old 02-12-19, 10:34 AM
szudera
Driver School Candidate

Default Pre Collision System - just bought it!!

Just bought a 2016 Lexus GS 350 F Sport all wheel drive, loaded for $37K, 30K miles, cpod. Pre collision system stopped working. Error message says its not available. The reason I went Lexus instead of Audi A6 is I was hoping for no error messages. Will warranty cover this? Replaced a BMW 335 ix. Thank you in advance for insight.
Old 02-12-19, 10:44 AM
JDR76
Lexus Fanatic

Is there snow on the front of your car? If so, that can block the sensor/radar and make it unavailable until it's cleaned off.
Old 02-12-19, 11:00 AM
szudera
Driver School Candidate

Default No snow

[QUOTE=JDR76;10437934]Is there snow on the front of your car? If so, that can block the sensor/radar and make it unavailable until it's cleaned off. Error message began when there was snow. Its been in a warm garage since I brought it home. Maybe it has to be cleaned? Where is the sensor?
Old 02-12-19, 11:00 AM
AJLex19
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, warranty will cover it. If nothing is blocking the sensors, take it to the dealership.
Old 02-12-19, 11:04 AM
JDR76
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by szudera View Post
Error message began when there was snow. It’s been in a warm garage since I brought it home. Maybe it has to be cleaned? Where is the sensor?
The "L" Lexus logo on the front grill, in combination with the camera in your windshield. Some of my sensors/systems were going a little nuts on my drive in this morning due to the snow. Hopefully that's all it is, but if not, definitely let your warranty do its thing.
Old 02-12-19, 11:10 AM
szudera
Driver School Candidate

Default Secondary question??

Originally Posted by AJLex19 View Post
Yes, warranty will cover it. If nothing is blocking the sensors, take it to the dealership.
Secondary question....I know dealerships have to make $$$$. Please rate my deal. Thank you in advance.
Old 02-12-19, 11:39 AM
AJLex19
Lexus Test Driver

Secondary question....I know dealerships have to make $$$$. Please rate my deal. Thank you in advance.
Its always tough to tell because I'm not really in your locale/market, but it looks like you paid exactly what the overall dealership network is asking at for in terms of a 30k mile, CPO F sport AWD. Here are some similarly equipped vehicles:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6123/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...9477/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6514/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5232/overview/
Old 02-12-19, 11:43 AM
HontoKuro
Driver

You paid $37k for a 2016 GS with 30k miles is pretty high and you didn't list what options you had but for the mileage and year model seems pretty high compared to what I have seen here locally in Chicagoland area. As an example I seen same 2016 models with HUD, Triple beams etc.with much less mileage go for $33-$36k range.
Old 02-12-19, 11:44 AM
lbcgav
Driver School Candidate

I'm sure the dealer will get this fixed for you. When I first read your thread title, I thought you bought the parts to install the pre-collision system yourself.
Old 02-12-19, 11:48 AM
szudera
Driver School Candidate

Default $$$$

Originally Posted by HontoKuro View Post
You paid $37k for a 2016 GS with 30k miles is pretty high and you didn't list what options you had but for the mileage and year model seems pretty high compared to what I have seen here locally in Chicagoland area. As an example I seen same 2016 models with HUD, Triple beams etc.with much less mileage go for $33-$36k range.
. I bought the car at Arlington Lexus, Chicago Burb. Car is loaded.

Last edited by szudera; 02-12-19 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Adding dealership
Old 02-13-19, 09:54 PM
SharpGent
Rookie

. I bought the car at Arlington Lexus, Chicago Burb. Car is loaded.
Also, CPO. I just picked up a 16 F-sport with similar setup (RWD though) and paid the same. CPO. I know I could get the same car for $4k cheaper, but the CPO means I don't have to sweat anything until almost 2023. Having spent my life rebuilding GM cars and Hondas, the moment this car hiccups, she's going to Sewell in Dallas immediately.

You got a great CPO car at the right price. I found that one of the sweetest spots is 35/35 CPO. 35k miles, $35k, full CPO warranty. That's exactly what I bought.
Old 02-14-19, 04:22 AM
charley95
Lexus Test Driver

Does your car have paint protection film on it? If the film is on the emblem that could possibly cause it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: