GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Washer Fluid Low Message Won’t Go Away

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-18, 10:47 PM
Lizhanglao
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washer Fluid Low Message Won’t Go Away

I have a 2015 GS 350. Recently had a minor accident and needed to replace the driver side headlight. Soon after, I started getting a Washer Fluid Low message. I replaced the Fluid tank because there was a small hole probably from the accident. After replacing the tank and filling up the tank with washer fluid, the message just won’t go away. I was told that the message should reset but nothing. Thoughts on how to fix this?
Old 01-18-18, 03:18 AM
harper7
Pit Crew

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Lizhanglao
I have a 2015 GS 350. Recently had a minor accident and needed to replace the driver side headlight. Soon after, I started getting a Washer Fluid Low message. I replaced the Fluid tank because there was a small hole probably from the accident. After replacing the tank and filling up the tank with washer fluid, the message just won’t go away. I was told that the message should reset but nothing. Thoughts on how to fix this?
The Washer fluid level sensor is attached to it and looks like the front side. Make sure it's connector is plugged in or maybe it was damaged also.

Old 01-18-18, 09:49 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Originally Posted by Lizhanglao
Curious who repaired your car after the accident. I assume your insurance was involved in the repair. If so, you should not have had to purchase and install the windshield washer reservoir tank yourself - that should have been done by whoever repaired your car and your insurance. And they should also fix/repair whatever is causing the 'Washer Fluid Low' message too...
Old 09-17-23, 04:51 AM
phantom007
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washer leak, headlight line

Originally Posted by bclexus
Curious who repaired your car after the accident. I assume your insurance was involved in the repair. If so, you should not have had to purchase and install the windshield washer reservoir tank yourself - that should have been done by whoever repaired your car and your insurance. And they should also fix/repair whatever is causing the 'Washer Fluid Low' message too...
LS400 2000
I have a leak in the headlight washer line, it is coming from a curious looking right angle joiner, the fluid is dripping from a hole in both left and right ones, access by removing fog lights on bumper, the washers work with lights on and press the button on dash next to VSC Off button. Maybe a pressure valve?