GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2015 GS Crafted Line

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-15, 07:00 AM
Dengin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 GS Crafted Line

Well, I finally pulled the trigger after obsessing for 6 months. I hadn't been able to locate a new Crafted Line since they were so limited, but I happened to stumble on an ad of a local (1 hour away) car dealer that had a 2015 GS 350 Crafted Line with 1800 miles for 10k off the MSRP. Of course I got a little suspicious because who would buy a car and put less than 2000 miles on it in an entire year? I checked the Carfax and everything looked kosher. So on a rainy Saturday I drove down to the dealership, checked if there was anything obviously wrong on the outside, and 3 hours later had traded in my 2006 Avalon and am now the proud, if still slightly anxious, owner of a shiny 'new' Crafted Line. Pics in the 'Post your pics' thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post9270254.

Of course, not having owned a new car in 10 years, I'm thrilled with all the bells and whistles, the myriad of seat adjustments, the Blind Spot monitor, the Parking Assist, Satellite Radio, USB and BT connectivity, a powered rear shade (believe it or not, that is probably the coolest thing I've seen...). I'll be pouring through the manuals for a few days, I'm sure, until I figured out most of what everything does, but any help, hints, or tips would be greatly appreciated. I think there's a "Wish I'd known" thread in here somewhere, that's good stuff. Only disappointment so far is that the side mirrors don't fold in automatically. As far as I've determined anyway. I think I'll bring it in to a local Lexus dealer for a thorough inspection, just in case.

Last edited by Dengin; 11-30-15 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-30-15, 08:01 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,995 Likes on 1,418 Posts

The previous owner has been trying to sell this car when it had only 800 miles on it.

Your car on eBay

The previous owners stated; "Bought this car new December 2014 for the car has every option the car is like new with only 836 miles car just sits inside the garage bought a infinity QX 80 rite after we got the lexus so we don't use it this is a rare car they didn't make many of them any question call 856-275-0077 this car is still new has no damage at all"

Looks like the car just basically sat for almost an entire year before J & S AutoHaus finally bought it to resell.

Enjoy!

Last edited by bclexus; 11-30-15 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-30-15, 08:05 AM
isekii
Rookie

dang i've been looking for a Crafted line too but wasn't able to find new. Im in NJ as well
Old 11-30-15, 08:23 AM
Dengin
Driver School Candidate

Ah cool, thanks for the info. And yep, that's where I bought it from. nice to get the history behind it. They (or someone), did put another 1000 miles on it after they had it up on eBay, but hey, I put that on my car in a month, so it's still a new-ish car to me.

Originally Posted by bclexus
The previous owner has been trying to sell this car when it had only 800 miles on it.

Your car on eBay

The previous owners stated; "Bought this car new December 2014 for the car has every option the car is like new with only 836 miles car just sits inside the garage bought a infinity QX 80 rite after we got the lexus so we don't use it this is a rare car they didn't make many of them any question call 856-275-0077 this car is still new has no damage at all"

Looks like the car just basically sat for almost an entire year before J & S AutoHaus finally bought it to resell.

Enjoy!
Old 11-30-15, 10:38 AM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Congrats on your new ride sir! Here's a direct link to your pictures in the "Pics of your 4GS Right Now" thread.. you want to update your original post so people can check it out easily: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post9270254

Isn't it scary that bclexus knows so much about your car just based on your short description! hehe.

You may want to check the Whats your favorite discovered feature? which provides a lot of useful information for owners (new owners especially).

^^ That thread should have been pinned/stickied by now. Make it happen mods!

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 11-30-15, 12:00 PM
Dengin
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for that link, original post updated.
And yes, I don't often get outGoogled but that was some fast detective work by bclexus

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
Congrats on your new ride sir! Here's a direct link to your pictures in the "Pics of your 4GS Right Now" thread.. you want to update your original post so people can check it out easily: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post9270254

Isn't it scary that bclexus knows so much about your car just based on your short description! hehe.

You may want to check the Whats your favorite discovered feature? which provides a lot of useful information for owners (new owners especially).

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 12-01-15, 07:45 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Congratulations on the Crafted Line!
Old 12-01-15, 11:27 AM
KJD3
Driver

Congrats on the new car.
Originally Posted by Dengin
I'm thrilled with all the bells and whistles, the myriad of seat adjustments, the Blind Spot monitor, the Parking Assist, Satellite Radio, USB and BT connectivity, a powered rear shade (believe it or not, that is probably the coolest thing I've seen...).... Only disappointment so far is that the side mirrors don't fold in automatically.
If you have BSM you should have the power folding mirrors, at least my dealer told me it was packaged together. If you look at your mirror adjustments on the top left should be a button that says auto, that'll set it to fold when you lock the vehicle and unfold when you unlock the car. The top right should be a button that looks like a mirror with a arrow, that is your manual power fold button. See pic for reference.
http://image.motortrend.com/f/928757..._operation.jpg

Also a little tid bit. If you have either your left or right mirror highlighted and put the car in reverse the mirrors will auto tilt down, and you can adjust them while in reverse and will go to the spot you set them to each time. If you don't want them to tilt down just make sure both neither mirror is selected.
Old 12-01-15, 12:28 PM
Dengin
Driver School Candidate

Aah yes, I did discover the Auto button right next to the Folding Mirror button the evening after I posted that, funny that it is all logical Thanks for the tip about the reverse mirrors. I had read that some place and was playing around with it earlier today but didn't see a difference.I didn't realize I had to have the mirror selected so I'll try that shortly.

Now the hunt for the door sill lights begins... I'm only on page 109 of the manual
Old 12-01-15, 07:17 PM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345

~ Im2bz2p345

Stickied !!
Old 12-01-15, 08:59 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
Stickied !!
Yay, finally! Now I don''t have to keep hunting for it, lol. Ty good sir.

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 12-01-15, 11:11 PM
KJD3
Driver

Also I would see if you could contact the original owner since someone else posted something with the guys number, and see if he can change the Enform login information to your name so it decreases the chance that he can locate your GS and unlock it and take something out. I'm not saying he would, actually I highly doubt anyone that buys a brand new GS would, but you never know and it doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 12-02-15, 12:06 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Since the car had a previous owner, did they include the 2-piece Tumi duffel set (included for the Crafted Line) when you bought it?

Old 12-02-15, 04:24 AM
vinnier6
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not giving away used luggage when I get rid of mine....that seems a little tasteless to me...there was a nice meguiars car care kit that also came with the car
Old 12-02-15, 04:37 AM
Dengin
Driver School Candidate

No, unfortunately not I probably would have kept the luggage too I also didn't see the new vehicle maintenance kit which I think was also included (Edit: I see vinnier6 and I cross-posted about that kit, nice timing). At least the First Aid kit is still there.

And as for contacting the owner, good idea, even though I already called Enform and they told me what to do to have the contact information changed to my name, in the process of that now.

Originally Posted by dchar
Since the car had a previous owner, did they include the 2-piece Tumi duffel set (included for the Crafted Line) when you bought it?