TPMS programming with Carista

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-15, 01:21 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default TPMS programming with Carista

Hi 4GS owners,

We at Carista are developing the ability to register TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) sensors for your Lexus. This means that you can swap wheels and not have to pay the dealer money each time to program your new sensor IDs in.

We need people with a 4GS (and other Lexus & Toyota models) to try this functionality for us before we release it officially. We're specifically looking for someone whose TPMS light is currently on due to the sensors not being programmed in after swapping wheels. Would anyone be willing to give it a try?

There is a hardware requirement though - you must have an ELM327 OBD adapter (or our official Carista OBD adapter). But hopefully some of you already have that.

Thanks very much in advance,
Todor @ Carista
Old 08-19-15, 04:07 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

I'm down to try it just let me know!
Old 08-19-15, 04:20 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Great! If you're on Android, please get the beta version of Carista from here: http://www.caristaapp.com/beta/

Then:
1. Go into TOOLS -> Tire pressure monitoring system
2. Check if your currently-programmed sensor IDs are shown correctly. Write them down if you don't already have them.
3. Enter the new sensor IDs you want to program. Pick whether you want this to be your primary or secondary wheel set. If your car supports only 1 set, you must select "primary", otherwise unknown things will happen
4. Press SAVE.
5. Regardless of whether the whole thing succeeds or fails, open the slide-out menu from the left of the screen and pick "Report a problem" and send us a report. This will send a technical log of what happened and help us confirm that things are working correctly or debug any problems.

If you have iOS, the procedure is the same, but you need to email us at support@caristaapp.com in order to get the beta. (and also, on iOS, the slide-out menu is only available on Carista's main screen, not every screen like it is on Android).

Thanks again.

Anyone else?
Old 08-19-15, 05:49 AM
tompass
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Will be a great and welcome feature.
Old 08-19-15, 09:58 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by Carista
Great! If you're on Android, please get the beta version of Carista from here: http://www.caristaapp.com/beta/

Then:
1. Go into TOOLS -> Tire pressure monitoring system
2. Check if your currently-programmed sensor IDs are shown correctly. Write them down if you don't already have them.
3. Enter the new sensor IDs you want to program. Pick whether you want this to be your primary or secondary wheel set. If your car supports only 1 set, you must select "primary", otherwise unknown things will happen
4. Press SAVE.
5. Regardless of whether the whole thing succeeds or fails, open the slide-out menu from the left of the screen and pick "Report a problem" and send us a report. This will send a technical log of what happened and help us confirm that things are working correctly or debug any problems.

If you have iOS, the procedure is the same, but you need to email us at support@caristaapp.com in order to get the beta. (and also, on iOS, the slide-out menu is only available on Carista's main screen, not every screen like it is on Android).

Thanks again.

Anyone else?

Ok will let you all know how it works.
Old 08-19-15, 01:18 PM
hube
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Please let me know when this works. I would be quite interested in the app then. Right now I am being charged 60 euros after every swap for the sensor registration.
Old 08-19-15, 04:52 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Agreed, this would be an awesome feature for the Carista app if/when this is confirmed working!
Would save plenty of people from having to get that $140+ ever so pupular Quickset TPMS tool.

Way to distinguish yourself guys! Keep up the great work!
Old 08-19-15, 05:45 PM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

when I go to tools, the app tells me "we currently do not support any tools for your car", but I have a 2013 GS 350 with the luxury package and the latest BETA of the application.
Old 08-20-15, 04:28 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by obadea
when I go to tools, the app tells me "we currently do not support any tools for your car", but I have a 2013 GS 350 with the luxury package and the latest BETA of the application.
Sorry to hear about that. Could you send us debug data (here's how: http://www.caristaapp.com/help/faq/#debug_data) so that we can investigate the issue further? Thanks.
Old 08-20-15, 12:10 PM
bigblack06

Yep same issue, I emailed a screen shot of it.
Old 08-20-15, 12:36 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Found the problem, thanks for the reports. Working on a fix now.
Old 08-20-15, 05:34 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Ok, we've fixed the problem and released new beta versions for iOS and Android. The Android one may take an hour or two to propagate through Google Play; the iOS one should be available immediately. Please try the TPMS stuff again. Thanks.

The new version is beta-10. You can check the version number by opening the slide-out menu from the left of the main screen in Carista. On iOS, just look at the last 2 digits of the huge build number.
Old 08-20-15, 08:14 PM
bigblack06

Alright I will try in the morning.
Old 08-21-15, 02:14 AM
bigblack06

Ok looks like the numbers are seen but don't register when you click save. I reported the problem.
Old 08-21-15, 04:16 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Ok, so the app is able to show your current sensor IDs, but cannot write new ones because the communication fails. I got your report and I see the issue. We're looking into a solution. I'll post back here when we have an update. Thanks again for your help in testing this.

Quick Reply: TPMS programming with Carista