GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models
Old 12-12-14, 04:39 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Is Lexus able to service cars that are slammed or lowered?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-14, 07:33 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Is Lexus able to service cars that are slammed or lowered?

Has anyone with a slammed or significantly lowered car serviced at Lexus dealership?

Will the GS have enough clearance for their hydraulic lift?

The service tech always do a mandatory test drive after they do their repair/service and if they would drive carefully enough not to scrap up under the car.

I am trying to decide if I should lower the car or not.

I am a bit OCD about my cars and as you may know that nobody takes care of your car better than you do.
Old 09-16-14, 08:00 AM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Lexus dealer at my location does. They have service techs that are familiar with modified cars. Also they have low arm hydraulic lift . It just depends on the dealer.You should just ask them if they are able to service a lowered/modified car.
Old 09-16-14, 08:00 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I think if u don't go lower than 2" u'll be fine. But lower than that (really slammed) then u better get air suspension and raise it before bringing it in.
Old 09-16-14, 09:02 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think if you are OCD, you would find someone you can really trust to do your work. Even if you do your own work, there is always a risk of a foul up.
Old 09-16-14, 08:27 PM
Velgen
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If your on a normal set of springs " slight drop " a dealer shouldn't give you any issue's.
If you are going to be slammed and that have to add 2x6 boards for you to drive up on to get on the lift. " like i have too " some of the dealer's won't except it because the tech's will complain.
Old 09-17-14, 12:00 AM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any dealer that services LFA's will have a lift that can accommodate any slammed car. Not all Lexus dealers are certified to work on LFA's so call before you bring your car in. I take my car for service at my local dealer as well as the ISF I had before which was slammed as well.
Old 09-17-14, 03:22 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would say that most of the Lexus dealer service departments can handle it. The key is whether or not the tech working there knows what he is doing. I brought my lowered car in for work once where they had to remove a wheel. I looked underneath afterwards just to check if they properly raised my car and was disappointed to see they used a floor jack on the pinch weld and flattened it.

They tried to tell me that it was normal and I asked them how they expected me to put the factory scissor jack on there in case of a roadside emergency. My car ended up in their body shop for repairs.
Old 09-18-14, 07:59 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by terrycs
I would say that most of the Lexus dealer service departments can handle it. The key is whether or not the tech working there knows what he is doing. I brought my lowered car in for work once where they had to remove a wheel. I looked underneath afterwards just to check if they properly raised my car and was disappointed to see they used a floor jack on the pinch weld and flattened it.

They tried to tell me that it was normal and I asked them how they expected me to put the factory scissor jack on there in case of a roadside emergency. My car ended up in their body shop for repairs.
Thats terrible that happend to you. Well at least the dealer made things right after you told them to fix it. Never ever except anything that the dealer trys to pull one over you. A few years ago i owned a 2006 LS430 with 20" stance vip wheels and lowered on accuair. When i took it in for service they rotated my rims and dented one of them. Most likely from the air powered torque wrench. They denied that they did it. And they said it was there before they serviced it. I know that it was not there before i gave them my car because i wipe down my rims every single day because i am ocd about my rims. I did not accept no for an answer and eventually they had my rim sent in and repaired free of charge.

Also thanks everyone for you responses.
Old 09-18-14, 08:11 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Yeah my lowered Camry's pinch welds are all bent too. Don't know if it's the dealer or the tire shop that used the floor jack that bent them.

I don't know why they used the pinch weld to jack up the car, that thing is weak!

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 09-18-14 at 08:15 PM.