ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-present-237/)
-   -   Wiper Resting Position (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-present/727438-wiper-resting-position.html)

sgmstr 02-03-14 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW13GS (Post 8357672)
That's precisely the point of what I said. If it was powered there would be a motor that could/would burn out when fighting wipers frozen to the windshield.

It's not that hard to just lift the wipers and press them down. I'd rather it be manual and reliable to motorized and have it burn out the first time the wipers fight a big block of ice under the hood.

You have seen way more snow than myself here so i would have to agree with you here. :thumbup:

We in So Cal were so excited when it drizzled a few days ago. It hasn't rained for a while.

SW15LS 02-03-14 04:21 PM

I'd be happy to send our snow your way! lol

sgmstr 02-03-14 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW13GS (Post 8362178)
I'd be happy to send our snow your way! lol

you guys took all of our snow.

ppl are dancing for snow at a ski resort where i frequent. http://www.mammothmountain.com/Mount...SnowConditions they normally get at least 400 inches of snow, but this year only 65 inches.

SW15LS 02-03-14 04:30 PM

Weird weather this year!

ayoddOny 02-04-14 10:38 AM

Okay so I am having trouble making it in Winter mode. I understand that you can just PULL UP and it should go up? It doesn't seem like it is working for me. Can anyone help me

terrycs 02-04-14 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayoddOny (Post 8363378)
Okay so I am having trouble making it in Winter mode. I understand that you can just PULL UP and it should go up? It doesn't seem like it is working for me. Can anyone help me

Have you followed the link in post #4?

ayoddOny 02-06-14 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrycs (Post 8363573)
Have you followed the link in post #4?

I did but i couldn't do it. My step father just came and showed me how to do it like a boss. I was scared that it will break but he just pulled it up and looked at me :uh: LOL

jtrue28 02-06-14 10:38 AM

Wait, what? I don't consider that "snow" mode. I consider that, "so I'm able to wash the windshield by hand mode". If you have the "Cold Weather Package", your front windshield is heated...at the bottom, where the wipers rest. However I think they only turn on when you're using the winshield defroster button...which deactivates "Auto" climate mode.

FishBike 02-06-14 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtrue28 (Post 8366900)
Wait, what? I don't consider that "snow" mode. I consider that, "so I'm able to wash the windshield by hand mode". If you have the "Cold Weather Package", your front windshield is heated...at the bottom, where the wipers rest. However I think they only turn on when you're using the winshield defroster button...which deactivates "Auto" climate mode.

The electric heater at the bottom of the windshield is activated by a separate 'button' in the climate control settings screen that only shows up when you have it on the main display area on the left. The mini-display on the right doesn't even have it.

jtrue28 02-06-14 04:10 PM

Thanks...that's why I've been disappointed with the windshield warmers.

NobodyHere 02-06-14 07:20 PM

If the wipers are in the winter position, will the wiper deicer be of any use? Not sure how high up the deicer goes up the windshield.

Nismo 02-06-14 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishBike (Post 8366954)
The electric heater at the bottom of the windshield is activated by a separate 'button' in the climate control settings screen that only shows up when you have it on the main display area on the left. The mini-display on the right doesn't even have it.

That's weird. Wonder why Lexus doesn't just turn on the windshield electric heater with the rear window & side mirror heaters so it's all on or off with just one button? Sure would be simple.

FishBike 02-07-14 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nismo (Post 8368048)
That's weird. Wonder why Lexus doesn't just turn on the windshield electric heater with the rear window & side mirror heaters so it's all on or off with just one button? Sure would be simple.

Perhaps they thought there would be too many situations where you'd want the window and mirror heat, but wiper heat would be a bad idea? So far it's only been about 3 weeks for me, but 3 weeks of very cold, snowy winter, and I've only needed the wiper heat once.

I would have liked a separate physical button for it, myself. But mainly because I'm enjoying the kind of aircraft-like style of buttons and switches everywhere. I'm sure they could have moved a few more onto the overhead area to make room for this one. :D

Did you know we even have buttons underneath the steering column?

Nismo 02-07-14 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishBike (Post 8368308)
I would have liked a separate physical button for it, myself. But mainly because I'm enjoying the kind of aircraft-like style of buttons and switches everywhere...

I find it amusing when a magazine reviewer complains about a car having too many buttons. A lot of folks enjoy being surrounded by a suite of buttons. I know that to a magazine reviewer who spends only a few hours in a car, it must be hard memorizing all those buttons, but when you own the car, and drive it every day, you're going to get used to them fairly quickly. And they sure are a lot more convenient than menu, sub-menu, and sub-sub-menu items on a display unit.

Westash 03-01-14 05:18 PM

I blame the sales person who sold you the car for not explaining the different settings of the wiper blades.
Fortunately this was explained to me at my dealership and had the chance to move the wipers up and down with the sales person watching me using the correct force.