GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New to the Board, New to Lexus! Here is my Story

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-12, 02:29 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why you hating on my black interior bra? JK welcome!
Old 09-14-12, 09:33 AM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
First and foremost, welcome to Club Lexus. I truly enjoyed reading your post and cannot wait for the day (year) that I'll also have the opportunity to order a new 4GS.
Thank you! It is a great car, today on the way to work I caught myself staring at one going down the road. I am seeing more and moref-sports in my area!
Originally Posted by RandallsGS
I enjoyed your post & I'm new to this forum...as well to Lexus. I'm a 25 year Honda/Acura driver so I'm a bit curious & anxious to see the difference in performance as well as the dealership experience. I'm going to make a fairly educated guess that your car must be on the boat or at another dealership. How do I know that, well....I ordered a new GS-F at the end of May. It wasn't built until Aug 27. The dealership JUST informed me on Tuesday the GS is to arrive in port next Monday. He said it will travel via rail to Kansas, then be trucked to Iowa. Assuming all cars come through the same port & are shipped via rail to various drop off points throughout the US I can't see how they can promise you a car by next Friday & my dealership doesn't even think I'll see mine this month.

Please be sure to keep everyone in the loop as what you find out (where it's coming from) and if they stick to that timing.

I've been SO close to just walking away from this deal b/c I'm frustrated with the timing & lack of communication. Heck, I could've ordered a new Cobra Mustang & had it already!
I was very happy with my Acura dealer and not too crazy about leaving. I started to know all the guys over there and just felt comfortable. I will even confess to letting the dealer wash my car.

With your story, then my car might possibly at another dealer or possibly your order was a special order possibly because of the color combination? From my understanding when they gave me the 2-3 week time frame quote, I assumed they had located one already. Where it is coming from I don't know and will find out.
Originally Posted by Stormforge
Congrats and welcome to Club Lexus!
Thanks bud!!

Originally Posted by tank97
congrats brian! i have been following your thread in acurazine since i still have my acura TL.. now i cant wait to see your GS! lol
Oh cool to see yea here! What brings you over here?
Old 09-14-12, 09:34 AM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by djpeakSD
Why you hating on my black interior bra? JK welcome!
haha. I was told flaxen gets more chicks.
Old 09-14-12, 11:45 AM
tank97
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexson
Oh cool to see yea here! What brings you over here?
i have lx450 for my off roading and mt biking, and thinking to get a ct so i can save gas and look cool at the same time..lol
Old 09-15-12, 10:21 AM
GVVTS
Rookie

Brian - if want to know where your car is and where it came from, feel free to send me the VIN and I can look it up for you.
Old 09-15-12, 01:10 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GVVTS
Brian - if want to know where your car is and where it came from, feel free to send me the VIN and I can look it up for you.
I havent gotten it yet, will you be able to obtain the same information even after the car arrives?
Old 09-15-12, 01:29 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the TL looks better than the 4GS but congrats and welcome to clublexus.
Old 09-15-12, 05:18 PM
Mojo122
Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
I've been in Acura's since 1991. It was the current generation TL's looks that had me looking at Audi, but then the GS came along. The kids have my 05 TL now.
Old 09-16-12, 05:22 PM
RandallsGS
Rookie

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by GVVTS
Just curious...can you tell where a are is during transit...after it gets into port? Do you have any experience on the timing of how long it takes a car from port to destination? Last question, how are you able to tell where a car is by using the VIN...are you a dealer?? Thanks
Old 09-16-12, 08:29 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Getting old.
Old 09-16-12, 09:03 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexson
I havent gotten it yet, will you be able to obtain the same information even after the car arrives?
When you ordered the car you should have gotten the invoice from the financial manager,,, vin. make, model, color etc. the vessel, vessel number, engine number etc. and you can get all the info off the world wide web. That's how I tracked my car.
Old 09-17-12, 06:02 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Getting old.
Sometimes its better to just ignore someone if you don't like what they have to say. This is the first time a 4GS was compared to a TL that I know of so I don't see what is old about it.

Hopefully, this will clear up something:
There are a few people that are tired of me saying I don't like the 4GS. I have not called it a monster nor did I say it was horrible. I never said anyone made a bad choice or that it was gonna blow up. I have tried to just state my opinion....which is only a few times compared to the jillion praises the car has received.

It doesn't bother me that people like it. It doesn't bother me that people repeat their love a jillion times. As long as I refrain from personal attacks, I should be able to say what I want.

So I'm asking, can't we just let me be me and I'll let you be you.....with no hard feelings. Disagreement is the spice of life. We are not living in a 3rd world country where people hate you because you see some things differently. We have in common a passion for cars....but that doesn'y mean we have agree on all the ones we like. Chill out people.....or ignore my comments.

deasg2, if you wish to continue this conversation, let's take it to pm. You made a public statement and I replied but it's not appropriate to contiue publicly.

Last edited by Ice350; 09-17-12 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-17-12, 06:36 AM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
When you ordered the car you should have gotten the invoice from the financial manager,,, vin. make, model, color etc. the vessel, vessel number, engine number etc. and you can get all the info off the world wide web. That's how I tracked my car.
I think my situation was a little different. I didn't go and in fact order a special GS-350 f sport that needed to be built. At the point where they were looking for one, they came back and said we can have one here by 2-3 weeks. I actually never thought to ask for the VIN

Anyways, four more days!
Old 09-17-12, 08:25 AM
RandallsGS
Rookie

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
I wish I could say things have progressed as they "should have". My Lexus dealer has been less than forthcoming with info. I'm new to Lexus & very unimpressed by my dealer & their communication skills. When I asked for specifics I rec'd a screen shot of when they ordered my car & was told "it should be made sometime in August". Bottom line...it's supposed to arrive in Port today. Is there a way to track it once it's on the rail & in transit via the web? My salemen DID tell me last week he had a VIN. If I can't track it, can the dealership? I can't be the only person that's ever ordered a Lexus... ;-)

Thx!
Old 09-17-12, 09:04 AM
concavo
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats. Welcome to CL.

Quick Reply: New to the Board, New to Lexus! Here is my Story