4GS autostart key fob

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-19, 06:16 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by mrplesh
^That makes more sense

And I noticed the rebranding scheme that all these devices have. My Evo ALL currently is flashed to accept the LTE module, not sure about the Bluetooth one.
ah **** @mrplesh your right you do have to carry a 2 way remote to start the car from the smart phone app. the bluetooth communicates to the 2 way remote and the two way remote communicates with the car up to 1.5 miles away. lol I stopped carrying my key fob a few months ago when I got the Lexus credit card key.

Last edited by peasodos; 11-19-19 at 06:23 AM.
Old 11-19-19, 06:23 AM
mrplesh
Pit Crew

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Yea, thanks to you I'm looking for a credit card key too
Old 11-19-19, 10:44 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

I checked with the manufacturer for the Bluetooth smartphone app and they said it's not compatible with Fortin Evo All, yet. No eta for the compatibility. For now only the subscription based devise will work.

Fortin has a non-subscription based smartphone app with no recurring yearly fees, but it only works in Canada.
Old 11-19-19, 10:51 AM
mrplesh
Pit Crew

It must be maple syrup powered
Old 11-19-19, 11:05 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mrplesh
It must be maple syrup powered
At least the paid subscription is way cheaper than enform.
The following users liked this post:
mrplesh (11-19-19)
Old 11-20-19, 05:57 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

So I emailed Fortin and asked:
"When do you expect to have the compatibility for bluetooth RF kits for the EVO All?"

They said:
"Thank you for contacting Fortin Electronic Systems Technical Support.
No ETA at this time. When these options are available it will be displayed on www.fortin.ca "

I might just get an RF kit with a 2 way remote, they have ones with up to a mile range. I would also need the data cable to flash the unit. Then I'll just carry the remote when weather is bad to remote start the car. This way I avoid the yearly subscription for the app.

https://fortin.ca/en/technology/rf_kits.html
Old 11-20-19, 06:43 AM
mrplesh
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by peasodos
So I emailed Fortin and asked:
"When do you expect to have the compatibility for bluetooth RF kits for the EVO All?"

They said:
"Thank you for contacting Fortin Electronic Systems Technical Support.
No ETA at this time. When these options are available it will be displayed on www.fortin.ca "

I might just get an RF kit with a 2 way remote, they have ones with up to a mile range. I would also need the data cable to flash the unit. Then I'll just carry the remote when weather is bad to remote start the car. This way I avoid the yearly subscription for the app.

Makes sense, Ill be installing my smartphone module tonight and will report back
Old 11-20-19, 09:30 AM
Gold10460
Rookie

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I use the RF642W the my evo all, and it works great! Amazing range.

https://fortin.ca/en/technology/rf_kits.html[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Gold10460; 11-20-19 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-20-19, 09:34 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gold10460
I use the RF642W the my evo all works great! Amazing range.

[/QUOTE]

Nice yeah I might just get one of the Fortin 2 way remotes since they are plug and play. I guess the phone app for the other bluetooth remote is kind of gimmicky since you would have to carry the remote with you and could just start the car from that instead.
Old 11-20-19, 09:44 AM
mrplesh
Pit Crew

I really like being able to locate my car and control it remotely. Its nice to be able to check in on it if I am away, and start it from the plane as I land.

I am coming out of a lease on my 2017 Ford Escape and that was the second ford I had that I could use the app for to control it.

For my GS now I will have to pay the yearly sub, but over the first 4 years it is equal to $25 a year or $2 a month. For me as long as it is a reliable service its worth it.
Old 11-21-19, 03:30 PM
mrplesh
Pit Crew

This product is amazing. The commands react in less than 5 seconds, the gps location is very accurate, and the app is very smooth and well made. I'll answer any questions anyone has, right now I'm kind of blown away.
Old 12-13-19, 01:29 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

So I got an MPC remote start kit(uses evo all) and a Fortin remote with up to 1.5 mile range. Also starts the car from the factory key fob.
Everything is plug and play except for 3 wires(2 can wires and 1 wire on the start button for idle mode) I have to tap, Then the programming is easy.

Going to install this next week.

Old 12-13-19, 01:45 PM
mrplesh
Pit Crew

So I got an MPC remote start kit(uses evo all) and a Fortin remote with up to 1.5 mile range. Also starts the car from the factory key fob.
Everything is plug and play except for 3 wires(2 can wires and 1 wire on the start button for idle mode) I have to tap, Then the programming is easy.

good for you! If you have any issues I might be able to help.
Old 12-14-19, 01:07 AM
Gold10460
Rookie

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't waste your time connecting @ the push to start button. The gs350 doesn’t have takeover feature, which makes it a pointless connection . Doing the 2 Can wires is the only splice that’s required .
Old 12-14-19, 03:29 AM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

Just read this thread for the first time and got all excited.....then realised I don't have a remote with buttons 😞
I'd love an app on the phone but I don't know how that'd work further than class 2 bluetooth range without a 5G sim in the car.

Quick Reply: 4GS autostart key fob