GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Gs350 Manifold / Catalytic converter Gasket

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-19, 09:10 PM
DJWolf
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gs350 Manifold / Catalytic converter Gasket

Hey all! I am the new owner of a 2007 GS350 and the relationship has been a bit bittersweet from the start. I usually work on Mitsubishis, and the occasional Infiniti g35 so my knowledge is a bit lacking with Toyota.

Anyways, here is a little back story. The original owner had obtained it from auction before attempting repairs such as the exhaust and rollilng back the mileage. I was going to attempt to sue for a refund, but my lawyer had said that I'd just be spending more money. It's a good car, so I decided to roll with it. Anyways, apart from the issues, it is a beautiful and amazing car.

I am in the process of obtaining cats as the two fronts are basically done. Original owner most likely butchered them...

Right now I have a pretty big exhaust leak in between the front passenger cat that connects to the rest of the exhaust system. I'm looking for this replacement gasket but I am coming upon two different parts. As I don't have the originl gasket to reference, I must ask! Which is the correct gasket?

Of the two gaskets, one comes as a green rolled paper style gasket with a metal ring around it, and the other is a steel mesh style gasket? The steel one is a bit coned in shape.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Apart from the issues, my wife loves the car and is looking towards possibly obtaining a gs460 from an actual reputable source.

Last edited by DJWolf; 02-16-19 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-16-19, 11:20 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 792 Likes on 685 Posts

AWD or RWD and how many original miles are on it? Did the auction not catch onto the mileage error, there is no way an auction will sell a vehicle with a mileage issue unless they state that mileage is unknown.

All things considered these cars are very stout if well maintained
Old 02-17-19, 10:53 AM
DJWolf
Rookie

Originally Posted by ibidu1
AWD or RWD and how many original miles are on it? Did the auction not catch onto the mileage error, there is no way an auction will sell a vehicle with a mileage issue unless they state that mileage is unknown.

All things considered these cars are very stout if well maintained
AWD. I highly doubt it was the auction. I obtained records showing that the mileage was true at that point. I have a larger suspicion that it was the individual I had purchased it from. Odo showed 120k, actual is closer to 211k... yeah, pretty pissed over it. On a positive note, apart from the exhaust, it has been maintained quite well.
Old 02-17-19, 11:40 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DJWolf

AWD. I highly doubt it was the auction. I obtained records showing that the mileage was true at that point. I have a larger suspicion that it was the individual I had purchased it from. Odo showed 120k, actual is closer to 211k... yeah, pretty pissed over it. On a positive note, apart from the exhaust, it has been maintained quite well.
Wow what a scum bag! If the carfax says it left the auction with over 200k then you do have a strong case against him. Instead of going through a lawyer file your own court paperwork with small claims court. That way your not out of pocket just time

As for the exhaust, this is a common problem on the awd. The problem is the tin covering the exhaust pipes, its best to remove them all together along with the matting thats just collects moisture. Next take it to a muffler shop and have them cut and replace a small section. Sometimes if your lucky you can just have them weld the crack. No need to remove or replace gaskets. A mufler shop charged me $40 bucks to fix mine.

They do sell after market mid pipes if yours are not able to fix yours.

Old 02-17-19, 09:00 PM
DJWolf
Rookie

Hey there. Yeah, the more I had talked to the guy, the more I was under the assumption that he didn't know what he was talking about. Looking back, he was most likely just playing ignorant. I did bring up the idea of suing him in small claims, but will he pay? Does he care about his credit? I looked him up via different gov DB's and found that he is not the most upstanding of characters. Worth going after him? maybe... Depends on how much more crap I uncover.

On to the car. I took it to a friend of mine who has a lift. It was quickly verified that the exhaust had been worked on before. The entire cat back has been swapped for an Invidia setup. All heatshields have been removed. Both gaskets that go in betweent the left and right cat to the rest of the system are indeed missing. The biggest blow was finding that both of the front Catalytic converters have been messed with. I will have to replace them very soon, but I am fortunate to have found a set for a, reasonable... price.

While awaiting for the cats, I would like to seal up this loud and annoying leak that is choking out the cabin. Apart from those issues, the oil pan had a slight leak, but everything else looked very well maintained.

What would that part number for these gaskets be? Are they a fel-pro compatible gasket? Are both sides the same? My apologies for the multitude of questions, but I really appreciate the help. Thanks again.
Old 02-17-19, 11:06 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

these are gaskets in between the lower end of the down pipe, that attach to the mid pipe, both are the samePart Number: 90917A6003

front pipe gasket 3.0, 3.5 LITER
MSRPCore ?SaveOnline Price$18.04$0.00$2.09$15.95