GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

p0158 bank 2 oxygen sensor 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-16, 07:54 PM
TheGs3
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default p0158 bank 2 oxygen sensor 2

Hi All,
I have the CEL and check VSC light on with code p0158 on my 06 GS300 AWD. The p0158 code states that its for "O2 sensor circuit high voltage (bank 2 sensor 2)". Is this sensor located on the driver side after the cat? I saw a few pics and from what i can see the cable for the sensor actually goes inside the cabin through a ruber grommet and plugs inside the cabin. Is there an easier way to replace this sensor without taking out the driver seat and center colsole? Seems too much work just for an O2 sensor. Anyway I have to replace this sensor asap so I would greatly appreciate any advise. I did search the forum but did not much info for bank 2 sensor 2..if anyone has a diy for this job it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-16-16, 08:32 PM
SILENTM
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I would check for leaks in your exhaust first. you dont need to remove the seat to replace. you can remove some trim pieces and pull up the carpet, the end of the plug is by the center console.
Old 12-19-16, 08:51 AM
noblesenga
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey! is this passenger side or Driver side? I got the same code on my 07 IS250
Old 12-19-16, 12:12 PM
TheGs3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nebelzchee
Hey! is this passenger side or Driver side? I got the same code on my 07 IS250

Bank 2 is on driver side.
The following users liked this post:
nebelzchee (12-21-16)
Old 12-21-16, 12:14 PM
noblesenga
Driver

Thanks man! about to change my sensor today after work
Old 12-21-16, 12:21 PM
TheGs3
Driver School Candidate

Thanks man! about to change my sensor today after work

Just did mine last night, you don't have to take out the driver seat. Just move it all the way forward and take out the air vent cover under the seat (held in place by 2 Phillip screws) and you can find the O2 sensor plug under the carpet.

Hope this help.
The following users liked this post:
nebelzchee (12-21-16)
Old 12-21-16, 01:11 PM
noblesenga
Driver

Thanks man! hopefully that's all I'll have to do. I watched a youtube video of a guy replacing on GS300 and he took out the center console, seat and everything. I thought that's what i would have to do aswell lool. Clearly not. Shall try your method. Btw did you get p0606 code aswell or just p0158? bc im getting both codes. Also, did the CheckVSC light go away right away or did u reset the code and it never came back?

Last edited by noblesenga; 12-21-16 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-21-16, 02:16 PM
TheGs3
Driver School Candidate

Thanks man! hopefully that's all I'll have to do. I watched a youtube video of a guy replacing on GS300 and he took out the center console, seat and everything. I thought that's what i would have to do aswell lool. Clearly not. Shall try your method. Btw did you get p0606 code aswell or just p0158? bc im getting both codes. Also, did the CheckVSC light go away right away or did u reset the code and it never came back?
I only had the p0158 and yes check VSC light went away as soon as i cleared the code.

Good luck bud

Here is a pic of my old o2 sensor..lots of carbon build up
Old 12-21-16, 06:19 PM
noblesenga
Driver

Hey man!! can you please show me underneath your seat where you installed the o2 sensor plug? it looks like mine is a little bit on the right side and i will have to remove the entire middle thing
Old 12-21-16, 06:51 PM
TheGs3
Driver School Candidate

Hey man!! can you please show me underneath your seat where you installed the o2 sensor plug? it looks like mine is a little bit on the right side and i will have to remove the entire middle thing
My apologies bud i couldnt take any pics when i did the job as I was by myself. Once you take out the vent cover fish your hand through the opening and try to feel the rubber grommet, its towards the right not too far from the center console. Once you find the rubber grommet just follow the cable and it will lead you to the plug. There is enough cable for you to pull the plug close to the vent opening so you can see the plug. If you still cant find it then just unscrew the 4 bolts (14mm) holding the driver seat and put the driver seat on the back seat so you have more room. Be sure to unplug the negative terminal on the battery so you dont trigger any airbag sensors before you unplug the driver seat. There is no need to take out the center console.

Another thing you can do is take off the rubber grommer from underneath the car and point a flashlight at the hole from under the car..you can then go inside the car and lift the carpet from the air vent opening and you will see the light, which will tell you which cable to follow.

Hope this help.

Good luck
Old 12-22-16, 01:55 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Try cleaning with carb cleaner might be able to get it to work again?
Old 12-22-16, 06:04 AM
noblesenga
Driver

Hey TheGs3, thank you for your prompt reply last night. The space under the seat wasn't enough for me to route my hand to the connector which was closer to the center console/rear seat mount. So as you sugggested, i took off the seat and used the seat mount cut outs to get to the connector. When I was going to remove the sensor, The o2 socket i bought from Canadian tire was too long so i couldn't get my wrench connected to the socket. After work running to Canadian tire and grabbing the smaller socket. Will update you guys with pics and everything after fixing this tonight. Thank you!!

@ibidu1 i just bought this car and right before buying the owner had replaced the b2s1. So i heard if 1 sensor goes out the other will soon follow. This is what happened in my case i guess. Just gonna replace it and see.

Last edited by noblesenga; 12-22-16 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-22-16, 06:40 AM
TheGs3
Driver School Candidate

Hey TheGs3, thank you for your prompt reply last night. The space under the seat wasn't enough for me to route my hand to the connector which was closer to the center console/rear seat mount. So as you sugggested, i took off the seat and used the seat mount cut outs to get to the connector. When I was going to remove the sensor, The o2 socket i bought from Canadian tire was too long so i couldn't get my wrench connected to the socket. After work running to Canadian tire and grabbing the smaller socket. Will update you guys with pics and everything after fixing this tonight. Thank you!!

@ibidu1 i just bought this car and right before buying the owner had replaced the b2s1. So i heard if 1 sensor goes out the other will soon follow. This is what happened in my case i guess. Just gonna replace it and see.
Hey bud this is the socket you"ll need..
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/oe...0066p.html#srp

Also be sure to put the anti-seize on the new sensor.. it will make the job easier next time BTW where in Ontario are you? I am from MIssissauga

cheers
Old 12-22-16, 08:26 AM
noblesenga
Driver

Originally Posted by TheGs3
Hey bud this is the socket you"ll need..
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/oe...0066p.html#srp

Also be sure to put the anti-seize on the new sensor.. it will make the job easier next time BTW where in Ontario are you? I am from MIssissauga

cheers
Hey! yea i bought this one last night http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ox...0013p.html#srp LOL. Gonna grab the one u sent tonight. if not, gonna get this one http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/cr...-0252004p.html Probs gonna return it after -_-. I'm in Brampton. And the Denso sensor I ordered from amazon already has anti-seize on it!
Old 12-23-16, 05:51 AM
noblesenga
Driver

replaced the sensor, everything looking good!

Quick Reply: p0158 bank 2 oxygen sensor 2