GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tyre Pressure Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-15, 12:24 PM
gareth1902
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tyre Pressure Issue

Hey everyone, I have had no luck getting any answers on the UK site so thought I'd use this and get the question out there to a wider audience in case anyone has come across this or can maybe help.

My 2009 GS450h was going fine until around 2 months ago. That's when I decided to have a rear DVD system fitted for the kids. I had a small car audio company fit it. Around 2 mins after driving off the tyre pressure warning came up on the dash along with the message "Check System". I checked all tyres were inflated and just carried on driving home. I asked the DVD fitter and he said nothing he did could have interfered with the tyre pressure system.

So I take it to Lexus. They investigate and tell me that the car isn't communicating the issue to them but they also do not believe it is related to the DVD installation. Their guess is that all 4 sensors have suddenly failed and they want to strip down the tyre pressure system to find out what is happening (which will obviously cost mega bucks). Lexus said that all other ECU's on the car are working fine and driving the car is fine and unaffected.

I still find it hard to believe that all was fine and within minutes of having a guy fiddling around with the electrics and fuses etc to fit the DVD system then the tyre pressure system has a fault. Seems too coincidental. Now I know very little about car electrics or indeed tyre pressure monitoring systems so is it likely that the fault is related to the DVDs? This is what the fitter told me he did in his own words :

"The only cable attched to the vehicle is an ingition live from the fuse
box; which is on your passenger side."

Plus of course the wires he fed down the back of the chairs etc.

Is anything he did likely to have interfered with the tyre system or is it indeed possible that it is sheer coincidence that within minutes the tyre pressure system developed a fault? Also does 4 sensors going at once sound realistic?

Any help or advice would be most gratefully received as I am getting no answers from anywhere really. PS When I'm visiting my brother in Buffalo next there's a beer in it for anyone who can help....