GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New Wheel just came in!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-13, 07:07 PM
hiendo85
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^dont for get to post pictures once you get your new wheels huyqly^^^

quick question guys, do i need to get wheels alignment since i just have new wheels and tires? i heard some people said that i need to if not it'll wear out my tires in no time....
Old 07-12-13, 07:24 PM
huyqly
Driver

Originally Posted by hiendo85

quick question guys, do i need to get wheels alignment since i just have new wheels and tires? i heard some people said that i need to if not it'll wear out my tires in no time....
I believe only if u change ur ride height u need another alignment
Old 07-12-13, 07:47 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Angle is different for everyone, depending on position and offset of wheels, also size. everything comes into contribution when it comes to anything that is under that wheel well. Some people can sit on 20s and be okay, some can sit on 20's and need an alignment.

Originally Posted by huyqly
I believe only if u change ur ride height u need another alignment
Get on'er soon homie!! I love it

(Cell phone pics, so don't expect anything HQ LOL)

Originally Posted by gojeezy123
Rides lookin clean!

+1 for BC Racing!

Sorry OP, I'm going to hijack your thread real quick...

To XxGoKoUxX: Did you get the swift spring upgrade? if so, which spring rates did you get? and what are your dampers set at?
I forgot to answer this question, soo sorry, but I didn't even use the coilovers on springs. I went straight to bags (modifying the struts) as soon as I got'em.

I'd also like to add to OP that they sell these coilovers here on CL. I paid $900 for my BCR's locally since BCR's distributor is right near Orlando.

Last edited by XxGoKoUxX; 07-12-13 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-12-13, 08:17 PM
hiendo85
Rookie

i think i might need to get mine align bc the steering wheel is steering slightly to the left, not noticeable, but ill do it just to be safe....

XxGoKoUxX:: your ride is really nice, whats the name of the lip kit you have ? i like... btw, i think you should add a pair of muffler or mayb just the tips. your car will really b nicerrrrrrr then....
I REALLY LIKE HOW IT SIT.
Old 07-12-13, 08:32 PM
XxGoKoUxX

i think i might need to get mine align bc the steering wheel is steering slightly to the left, not noticeable, but ill do it just to be safe....

XxGoKoUxX:: your ride is really nice, whats the name of the lip kit you have ? i like... btw, i think you should add a pair of muffler or mayb just the tips. your car will really b nicerrrrrrr then....
I REALLY LIKE HOW IT SIT.
Thanks! I got a few bills comin up and some new wheels and paint before I do the minor stuff like exhaust curtains and etc.

Also, I think you do need an alignment, as your steering wheel goes to the left a bit, that's a bit dangerous

Unless you got a good shop, I'd take my car to Lexus and have'em do it right lol, that way if u got nay complaints they'll take the car in no questions asked.

I haven't found a decent shop here in Orlando who does good work

EDIT: Forgot to add, Lip kit is CaronTuned, discontinued item.

Last edited by XxGoKoUxX; 07-13-13 at 06:36 AM.
Old 07-12-13, 09:19 PM
GoIowa18
Driver School Candidate

I like your wheels better than the ones I just bought for myself!

Very Nice.
Old 07-13-13, 09:21 AM
hiendo85
Rookie

Originally Posted by GoIowa18
I like your wheels better than the ones I just bought for myself!

Very Nice.
thanks!

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Thanks! I got a few bills comin up and some new wheels and paint before I do the minor stuff like exhaust curtains and etc.

Also, I think you do need an alignment, as your steering wheel goes to the left a bit, that's a bit dangerous

Unless you got a good shop, I'd take my car to Lexus and have'em do it right lol, that way if u got nay complaints they'll take the car in no questions asked.

I haven't found a decent shop here in Orlando who does good work

EDIT: Forgot to add, Lip kit is CaronTuned, discontinued item.
Thanks, i know a guy that do just wheel alignment here in town and is very good at it. I also called the dealer and checked, they told me it will be $98.99 for all four wheel aligned, i guess i will just bring it to the dealer and let them do it.

What new wheels are you getting ?
Old 07-13-13, 10:24 AM
SVance23
Rookie

I like I like!!!! But what i like even more is people having success with the drop on AWD for the coil overs. Ive been staying away from the dropping cause i dont wanna lose my smooth ride. But if i can do it and not be wobbling all over the place in a Lexus it shall be done!! So what you guys are telling me with the BCR Coilovers you guys are riding pretty close to stock feel!? And next question where do i purchase them at? Im on a 245/35/20 up front and a 275/30/20 on the back. 9 up front and 10.5 on the back. Thanks fellas
Old 07-13-13, 11:45 AM
huyqly
Driver

Originally Posted by SVance23
I like I like!!!! But what i like even more is people having success with the drop on AWD for the coil overs. Ive been staying away from the dropping cause i dont wanna lose my smooth ride. But if i can do it and not be wobbling all over the place in a Lexus it shall be done!! So what you guys are telling me with the BCR Coilovers you guys are riding pretty close to stock feel!? And next question where do i purchase them at? Im on a 245/35/20 up front and a 275/30/20 on the back. 9 up front and 10.5 on the back. Thanks fellas
Almost like stock u will feel the bumps and a difference up it is not bad at all, I can feel my car slightly vibrating when idle but when u drive or in park u don't feel anything. I got my BC from Nigel on this forum free shipping and free extenders to adjust the back dampers.

http://www.circuitmotorsports.net/
Old 07-13-13, 03:31 PM
MX5
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet - looks somehow familiar

Originally Posted by Lex Luga
These are my 18"s. NYC streets would destroy my cv1s..Attachment 290096
Old 07-13-13, 03:33 PM
MX5
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome!!

new wheels just came in..
Old 07-13-13, 04:00 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

I'm riding on BCR's and 19 inchers!

Old 07-13-13, 04:32 PM
hiendo85
Rookie

Originally Posted by designo
I'm riding on BCR's and 19 inchers!

NICE, how is the ride???
Old 07-13-13, 09:48 PM
XxGoKoUxX

thanks!

Thanks, i know a guy that do just wheel alignment here in town and is very good at it. I also called the dealer and checked, they told me it will be $98.99 for all four wheel aligned, i guess i will just bring it to the dealer and let them do it.

What new wheels are you getting ?
That sounds like a decent deal, they should also have a warranty on it also.... I got my new struts put in, alongside an alignment for free (it was within warranty period). Let me tell you, I only had to come back to shop a 2nd time (simply because they followed the specs down to paper and I wanted it another specific way for a smoother ride, I forgot how or why but the tech explained it to me somehow..... adjusting according to paper with the toe a specific way makes the car swerve around once in a while). After that 2nd time, ZERO issues for about 3-4 oil changes now, and I'm sure I will still have 0 issues with the car.... Back when I went to like Tire Kingdom or even sears, I had to get a new alignment every tire rotation/oil change on my other cars.... Either they did not tighten the bolt to correct specs or they did SOMETHING wrong, because there's no way you're suppose to get a new alignment every oil change/tire rotation.

Originally Posted by SVance23
From my standpoint, I promise ya... BETTER than stock.... my ONLY ordeal is when I hit lumps instead of holes and reflectors..... when I hit a reflector, it feels like i'm gliding past it with very very slight sound, with music on u won't even notice it, nor will you feel it much at all either.... But if you hit a dip or a really high bump that goes up (on air suspension anyway) you will feel the car bounce more than stock. That's my opinion on the setup, very VERY comfy.... wifey loves it as much as I do now...

Originally Posted by huyqly
Almost like stock u will feel the bumps and a difference up it is not bad at all, I can feel my car slightly vibrating when idle but when u drive or in park u don't feel anything. I got my BC from Nigel on this forum free shipping and free extenders to adjust the back dampers.

http://www.circuitmotorsports.net/
huyqly, you should not feel any vibrations at idle at all.... Definitely have your motor mounts/bushings checked ASAP.... that sounds more of an engine vibration than your suspension causing a vibration when at idle.
Old 07-15-13, 05:10 PM
hiendo85
Rookie

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
That sounds like a decent deal, they should also have a warranty on it also.... I got my new struts put in, alongside an alignment for free (it was within warranty period). Let me tell you, I only had to come back to shop a 2nd time (simply because they followed the specs down to paper and I wanted it another specific way for a smoother ride, I forgot how or why but the tech explained it to me somehow..... adjusting according to paper with the toe a specific way makes the car swerve around once in a while). After that 2nd time, ZERO issues for about 3-4 oil changes now, and I'm sure I will still have 0 issues with the car.... Back when I went to like Tire Kingdom or even sears, I had to get a new alignment every tire rotation/oil change on my other cars.... Either they did not tighten the bolt to correct specs or they did SOMETHING wrong, because there's no way you're suppose to get a new alignment every oil change/tire rotation.

From my standpoint, I promise ya... BETTER than stock.... my ONLY ordeal is when I hit lumps instead of holes and reflectors..... when I hit a reflector, it feels like i'm gliding past it with very very slight sound, with music on u won't even notice it, nor will you feel it much at all either.... But if you hit a dip or a really high bump that goes up (on air suspension anyway) you will feel the car bounce more than stock. That's my opinion on the setup, very VERY comfy.... wifey loves it as much as I do now...

huyqly, you should not feel any vibrations at idle at all.... Definitely have your motor mounts/bushings checked ASAP.... that sounds more of an engine vibration than your suspension causing a vibration when at idle.
bringing my car in tomorrow for an alignment, hope it will ride better afterward..

Quick Reply: New Wheel just came in!!!!