GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-17, 06:28 AM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Even with the mats out, it could take a few months to totally dry out... The carpet and pad may feel dry but there could still be moisture there. I only had fogged up windows when the rear foot area had standing water. My windows do not fog up any more but if I use the rear floor mats and drive a few hours, I can feel very slight moisture under them on top the carpet the next morning(after removing mats, it is dry in a few minutes). Like I said, it will take time to get all the moisture out of the car. Drive without mats for a few weeks... My car floors do seem dry now.

Aneidiaz, you were really able to reach the grommet/plug from up top in the engine bay by reaching down the fire wall? It just seems so tight of an area. Like I said, I poked at the grommet and tore a hole in it and it now drains. BUT knowing it is still there makes me want to try pulling it completely off from top. I am not sure I can reach that far down. Short arms. LOL... Thanks...
Old 08-28-17, 06:37 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by XJSFan
Even with the mats out, it could take a few months to totally dry out... The carpet and pad may feel dry but there could still be moisture there. I only had fogged up windows when the rear foot area had standing water. My windows do not fog up any more but if I use the rear floor mats and drive a few hours, I can feel very slight moisture under them on top the carpet the next morning(after removing mats, it is dry in a few minutes). Like I said, it will take time to get all the moisture out of the car. Drive without mats for a few weeks... My car floors do seem dry now.

Aneidiaz, you were really able to reach the grommet/plug from up top in the engine bay by reaching down the fire wall? It just seems so tight of an area. Like I said, I poked at the grommet and tore a hole in it and it now drains. BUT knowing it is still there makes me want to try pulling it completely off from top. I am not sure I can reach that far down. Short arms. LOL... Thanks...
Thank you so much for sharing with us XJSFan. Yes I'm really lucky I have skinny arms and hands. I kind of extracted it from the top only once I had half the rubber nipple out. But only bcuz I stabbed at it with a long screwdriver.. I'm going to try to dry the car as best as I can today. IDK where ima use a wet vacuum but I'm determined to get it done. I will just drive around with black bathroom towels after I dry everything up. Do you use any floormats now with rubber bottoms???? I guess the only way to fully eliminate this problem is to really take OUT carpets and dry to the car frame. That's the best way. But that's the ONLY thing I want to avoid right now lol. I'm give the drying process my best effort. Thanks for your info bro that really helps me with my lil problem. Thank you XJSFan. GodBless all
Old 08-28-17, 11:35 AM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

Currently I am only using the front floor mats. Probably wil reinstall the rear mats next week. Everything feels completely dry but another week without rear mats will give me confidence everything is dried out. Don't forget, your whole interior can hold moisture like a sponge for a long time until it is completely dry.
Old 08-28-17, 02:05 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Currently I am only using the front floor mats. Probably wil reinstall the rear mats next week. Everything feels completely dry but another week without rear mats will give me confidence everything is dried out. Don't forget, your whole interior can hold moisture like a sponge for a long time until it is completely dry.
I totally agree with your methods to solving this problem. Does your driver and passenger front floormats hold moisture under the floormats on the rubber tips when using AC lately? Have you CONFIRMED there's been NO MORE leakages in front WITH or WITHOUT floormats? Please share with us. Trial and error. I also spoke to a great mechanic to see how to diagnose drained sunroof canals. I'll try to do that later on. Currently I'm tryna get as much water out as possible at the car wash with my little ones. GodBless you all, tty guys soon!!
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo288.jpg  
Old 08-28-17, 03:41 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

OK so I totally cleaned each single carpet area twice over with applied force to the carpet. Not there yet. But I been having the car on full blast NO FLOORMATS with the feet vent. I think ima do that for like 3-4 hours. And let the car open windows down all day tomorrow. The apply whole process twice over. And also get my sunroof drains checked. I'll keep you guys posted. If not carpets get wet upon using the ac after the wet vacuum and heating treatment. Ima always put 2 bathroom towels over each footwell to absorb any water that arises. But no rubber grips on the carpet. Trying different resolutions. Trial and error my friends. So we can all see how to eliminate this for good inexpensively. GodBless you all.!
Old 08-28-17, 05:50 PM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

No moisture under the front floor mats...
Old 08-28-17, 06:24 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

No moisture under the front floor mats...
I replaced my old 18s that were in disgusting condition with my old 18s I had on my 01 GS430. What a difference. The other ones I had on the car were horrible and spray painted. The ones I got now are clear coated and just got brake dust on em. Ima wipe em good right now the weather feels nice out tonight and ima get that MEGUIRE's wax for the paint and ima clean him up real good while I blast my heat thru the floor vents TO THE MAX. Ima wax it up real nice and when I see the wax spread over the car, I'll gently clean it with a smooth Polo Ralph Lauren shirt. Flawless linen for this kinda stuff I've learned. I don't buff my car. I do it all by hand. Ima keep doing that max heat to the floor the next 2 weeks straight. AND STILL Check my sunroof drainage as well. Ima stay on top of this to let you guys know whatever I can.
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo63.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo416.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo766.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo824.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo286.jpg  

***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo230.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo101.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo675.jpg  

Last edited by aneidiaz; 08-29-17 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-28-17, 08:04 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Finished and waxed for the night. No floormats AT ALL so ima continue the heating treatment tomorrow. At least for 3 weeks as the winter is approaching in my region. I want it dry as can be. I also think my drain line in the sunroof are working on both sides. So I think with me it's just a matter of drying the carpets up extremely efficiently and using normal bathroom towers twice over on the car carpets. Until I determine if the AC was the wet causing factor AFTER I know all my carpets have been dried completely THOROUGHLY. GODBLESS YOU ALL. I'll post up pics on how to check for sunroof drainage tomorrow on here. Just need 3 bottles of water and a functioning sunroof (meaning it opens and closes) lol.... Dark pic but that thing is SHINY TONIGHT
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo393.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo368.jpg  

Last edited by aneidiaz; 08-29-17 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-28-17, 09:41 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

OK so this is what my certified Lexus tech said. In reference to checking your sunroof drainage lines FOR FREE. He said get 4 bottles of water. Open the sunroof all the way and in the little canal within the sunroof,all the way around there's a drainage canal, pour water into each corner of the sunroof directly in the corner in the hole that's IN THE CANAL. And if all your drainage tunnels to your sunroof are good you should see lines of water directly start dripping under your doors in correspondence with the side you poured the water in. Try all 4 corners of sunroof and make sure all holes beneath car are releasing water right at the same time you pour the water in. Like 2 seconds after. It should sort of "**** on itself" lol... SO DO THIS ON A DRY CONCRETE SURFACE to make sure it's good. Lemme know what happens if you try. It worked for me in the front 2 corners. I'll try the back 2 tomorrow. As I've been drying my carpets ALL DAY. And will continue to do so about next 2 weeks. I took ac drain plug out. Now I just need to make sure all sunroof drainage is working properly and I never get wet floors again no matter HOW MUCH I pump my AC out that's all.

IF YOU NOTICE IN THE PIC I PUT IN THIS POST THE CAR IS ON A DRY STREET BUT THERE'S A LINE OF WATER IN DIRECT LINE UNDER THE DOORS. THATS WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I POURED WATER IN SUNROOF CANAL CORNERS TO REASSURE ALL SUNROOF DRAINAGE LINES ARE WORKING. JUST WANTED TO SHARE WITH ALL OF YOU. WATCH IT CLOSELY UNDER DOORS WET LINES...............
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo372.jpg  

Last edited by aneidiaz; 08-28-17 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-29-17, 12:09 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Drove the car for about 1 hour today. No floormats in the back. Only temporary paper mat in the front passenger and 2 bathroom towels on top of each other in the front driver floor. I been riding around with heat to the max. It's raining in my area today so I can't fully do right. When the rain stops ima take all the mats up and put heat on full blast for like 3 hours lol. Make sure every drop off water in that car EVAPORATES from the bottom up. And I'll do that over as many times as I need to just to make sure this never happens again. I also noticed no moisture on windows today. That was very nice to see. Some positive results. Carpets seemed 75% dry but I can still moisture if I really push down hard with my hands. So ima continue the heat treatment and no rubber tip bottom floormats until this is completely resolved. I personally love using bathroom towels over my Lexus carpets. Keeps them new and takes all the stains. I always do them black. But I think ima do cherry red next. Here's some pics of today.
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo156.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo227.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo921.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo818.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo916.jpg  

Old 08-30-17, 12:32 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xman
Took the seats out today to see how much water was still under the carpets. Although the passenger rear was the only soaking wet spot there was water under the floor on both sides front and back. I probably squeezed out 4 to 5 cups of water. The foam padding under the carpet is like a sponge and would have held this water for a long time. Although the carpets felt dry it was still quite wet underneath. Cleaned down to the metal floor and sprayed clorox disinfectant under the carpet. I will let the carpets and foam dry out completely before reinstalling everything. Also changed out the cabin filter. Hopefully this will solve the water issue and all the problems its caused.

You would think Lexus would cover this even after warranty due to the design flaw that could cause hazardous mold to grow in the car.
Oh man Xman. How did you manage to take out carpets stuck to the actual car???? Do you have any pictures of it? I would love to attempt that. Been heating the carpets allot. But I know the way you did it IS THE PROPER WAY TO DO IT. Wish you had the pictures. Hey, also did your windows ever get fogged up ALLOT before removing drain plug? And if they did, did it STOP after you removed the plug? Please share with us. Thank you GodBless
Old 09-11-17, 02:59 PM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

All you guys still dry?
Old 09-11-17, 03:18 PM
Milonga
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I did this back about a a month and half ago and about 3 weeks ago was when I got the time to dry carpets with blow dryer. My driver was the only one really wet others were moist. I can say that problem is fixed now! I confirmed this because I took a 5 hr road-trip with ac on the whole time and raining and everything was dry when I got home at night.
Old 09-12-17, 06:02 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Yes I'm still dry. No crystallized windows either. Very pleased. Think I hear like a little noise when I accelerate. Think it could be air noise sucking up thru that little hole that's left open. Nothing major. Just a thought. Hope everyone is doing good. GodBless you all!
Old 09-19-17, 10:27 AM
gs350swf
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
Yes I'm still dry. No crystallized windows either. Very pleased. Think I hear like a little noise when I accelerate. Think it could be air noise sucking up thru that little hole that's left open. Nothing major. Just a thought. Hope everyone is doing good. GodBless you all!
I have that noise also.

Quick Reply: ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***