GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
Old 12-16-14, 12:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lexus IS Engine and Powertrain Guides

Print Wikipost

FINALLY....Recall on GS300 engine misfire

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-14, 08:07 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan78
It did not matter - the reply was 'your car has 207k miles'
That's a lot, that's three times as much mileage as mine has. I'm surprised they offered that much for the car considering its state of repair. I would just let them have it and move on.
Old 03-06-14, 08:39 PM
hhss
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Any updates on this issue for us Canadians ?
Old 03-07-14, 10:29 AM
BinaryJay

Originally Posted by Hrmnd
Any updates on this issue for us Canadians ?
Well they are aware of it, they can do it, but in my experience they make it impossible... you can't just bring it in and say "test it please". One dealer told me they won't do anything unless I pay like $500 for a compression test ... another won't do anything unless I not only bring it in with stored misfire codes but enough misfire codes to actually set the check engine light.

Of course, the car has to be barely able to run for the check engine light to go on over misfires, let alone even to set a pending code at all.

You can try asking for an oil consumption test but...

A) You have to drive a lot for this to reveal anything.
B) They will probably make you pay for it.

If there is somebody connected to some dealership in ontario reading this that will just do this for my car without all of this hassle I am waiting to hear from you.
Old 03-10-14, 05:34 AM
aett258
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
Well they are aware of it, they can do it, but in my experience they make it impossible... you can't just bring it in and say "test it please". One dealer told me they won't do anything unless I pay like $500 for a compression test ... another won't do anything unless I not only bring it in with stored misfire codes but enough misfire codes to actually set the check engine light.

Of course, the car has to be barely able to run for the check engine light to go on over misfires, let alone even to set a pending code at all.

You can try asking for an oil consumption test but...

A) You have to drive a lot for this to reveal anything.
B) They will probably make you pay for it.

If there is somebody connected to some dealership in ontario reading this that will just do this for my car without all of this hassle I am waiting to hear from you.
I am also Canadian and was approved the piston job last year due to burning oil. I went through 3 oil consumption tests where I was burning over 2 litres every 1k miles(US car). It will take them 4 days to complete. I did not mention anything to dealer about the US CSP notice. After 3rd test they submited request to Lexus Corp for approval and called me back 3 days later to notify me that it was approved. Again, I did not mention anything about what I read on multiple forums. I just waited to see what they would do and was pleasantly supprised. Also, I talked to one of the mechanics there and they are fully aware of this problem. The feeling I get is that there were multiple free jobs performed by this dealer. I've been travelling alot so have not put on a lot of milleage since engine job. So far I put on 3k miles and no warning lights. Your best bet is getting oil consumption test done.
Old 03-10-14, 06:17 AM
BinaryJay

Originally Posted by aett258
I am also Canadian and was approved the piston job last year due to burning oil. I went through 3 oil consumption tests where I was burning over 2 litres every 1k miles(US car). It will take them 4 days to complete. I did not mention anything to dealer about the US CSP notice. After 3rd test they submited request to Lexus Corp for approval and called me back 3 days later to notify me that it was approved. Again, I did not mention anything about what I read on multiple forums. I just waited to see what they would do and was pleasantly supprised. Also, I talked to one of the mechanics there and they are fully aware of this problem. The feeling I get is that there were multiple free jobs performed by this dealer. I've been travelling alot so have not put on a lot of milleage since engine job. So far I put on 3k miles and no warning lights. Your best bet is getting oil consumption test done.
So, you just went in and said "I think I'm burning oil" and they did the tests for free? I put like 2000 km on the thing in a whole year which is why I don't even think it's possible to do an oil consumption test unless I start driving from one end of the city and back every day for no reason.
Old 03-13-14, 02:51 PM
hhss
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I got a CEL light. My friend which is a mechanic at toyota did a diagnostics on the car and there's a misfire on cylinder 4. I wonder what lexus would do if I brought the car in.
Old 03-20-14, 01:14 PM
LexVoitek
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking Get a $13,000 Lexus Engine Rebuild for FREE!

Hey Guys, you're not going to believe this but I just saved a fellow Lexus GS owner $13,000 by getting him a new engine; block and all. The guy found my Youtube video of when I took my iPhone to record the engine rebuild on my 2006 GS300 and he used my video to persuade Lexus to fix his. They did and now, he's got a new engine and I got a crazy YouTube Trailer video.

Check it out!
Old 03-21-14, 05:27 AM
UCF3
Rookie

Nice work!!
Old 03-25-14, 02:12 PM
LexVoitek
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Knowledge equals new Lexus Engines!

Hey Guys, I'm the guy who helped several people with their Lexus GS and IS get new engines and I have a question for all of you. I own a 1999 Ford Mustang that I converted into what they call a Saleen S281 speedster. Part of that conversion required me to get my ECU flashed because the stock ECU programming after the upgrades would cause my Mustang to stall out when I came to a red light from anything over 40 mph. Right after I got a SuperChips custom programmed ECU bootstrap chip, my car ran like factory and I was finally able to beat my friends 1998 Camaro SS. Prior to the ECU flash for my custom upgrades to adjust the fuel and air mixture, my friend with the Camaro would whoop my butt from 0 to 120mph.

OMG!!! Where's the question right!

LOL, My question is, I get a lot of haters and skeptics thinking that the ECU flash doesn't do anything, even though I used something called a Gtech Pro and recently an iPhone App called Dynolicious to test my Mustang and my Lexus . What do you guys think, do you believe ECU tuners work, if so, can you share your story?

I'm including the video that's drawing all this attention on my Youtube channel about this topic, but unfortunately, most of these people are crazy haters... To me it's simple, it fixed my rough idle stall during a sudden stop and I finally beat a 5.7 liter v8 Chevy with my 4.6 liter V8 Ford

Here's the performance spec's I got on my 2006 Lexus GS300 AWD using the Dynolicous App for my iPhone:

It's kind of funny but I only subscribe to Lexus Forums even though I had my Mustang since 1999.

Last edited by LexVoitek; 03-25-14 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-25-14, 04:30 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LexVoitek
Hey Guys, I'm the guy who helped several people with their Lexus GS and IS get new engines and I have a question for all of you. I own a 1999 Ford Mustang that I converted into what they call a Saleen S281 speedster. Part of that conversion required me to get my ECU flashed because the stock ECU programming after the upgrades would cause my Mustang to stall out when I came to a red light from anything over 40 mph. Right after I got a SuperChips custom programmed ECU bootstrap chip, my car ran like factory and I was finally able to beat my friends 1998 Camaro SS. Prior to the ECU flash for my custom upgrades to adjust the fuel and air mixture, my friend with the Camaro would whoop my butt from 0 to 120mph.

OMG!!! Where's the question right!

LOL, My question is, I get a lot of haters and skeptics thinking that the ECU flash doesn't do anything, even though I used something called a Gtech Pro and recently an iPhone App called Dynolicious to test my Mustang and my Lexus . What do you guys think, do you believe ECU tuners work, if so, can you share your story?

I'm including the video that's drawing all this attention on my Youtube channel about this topic, but unfortunately, most of these people are crazy haters... To me it's simple, it fixed my rough idle stall during a sudden stop and I finally beat a 5.7 liter v8 Chevy with my 4.6 liter V8 Ford

It's kind of funny but I only subscribe to Lexus Forums even though I had my Mustang since 1999.
The short answer is yes, flashing works. I had a '91 hatchback back when I was a kid, so I know my way around a Mustang - albeit it's been a while, so I may be a little rusty... A friend of mine had a '89 notchback, he tore out the 302 and put in a stroked 351 Windsor with dual Vortec superchargers. Ran a 9.4 in the 1/4 mile. He had a special computer hooked up to his car where he could dial in the fuel mixture and all the ECU hoopla, I'll have to find out what program it was, but I digress.

Was that your only question, whether or not flashing the ECU worked?? The fact that your car doesn't stall anymore should answer that for you!
Old 03-25-14, 04:58 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

It just came to me, he used DFI to tune his car. The one he used is old, there's a new version (DFI VII). You can also replace the stock EEC with a stand alone FAST system, or Hypertech has power modules that can circumvent the stock chips... I could go through some of the features, but I think a link would help you better than a lengthy post... Check the link out below...

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...hypertech.html

Anyone who tells you flashing your EEC doesn't work, doesn't know what they're talking about, so don't waste your time arguing with them..
Old 03-26-14, 01:29 PM
LexVoitek
Driver School Candidate

Default ECU Flashing Does Work

Originally Posted by Kuleaze
The short answer is yes, flashing works.

Was that your only question, whether or not flashing the ECU worked?? The fact that your car doesn't stall anymore should answer that for you!
You're right about that, thanks Kuleaze!

I run a YouTube channel where I post a lot of how-to videos (plus some fun racing clips with my cars) called ProvenHelper. I have more than 230 videos, but the one little Mustang video generates 98% of hater comments. I never dynoed my Mustang on a real dyno, so I was curious if anyone out there had something similar and actually dynoed it? These Youtube punks hiding behind a keyboard are just too much sometimes.

I personally believe in the ECU tuners and always have ever since I whooped my friends Camaro SS back in 2000. Prior to that ECU chip and my bolt-ons of course, he toasted me everytime.

I remember seeing one of those Saturday morning car shows on the Speed Channel or SPike TV, where they took a 6 cylinder car and boosted the horsepower by over 30hp with an ECU flash programmer. I can't remember what car it was and I know that turbo charged cars are known to gain massive horsepower gains because the chips address boost pressure.
Old 03-26-14, 01:58 PM
LexVoitek
Driver School Candidate

Talking Gentlemen Start Your Engines!

[QUOTE=Anyone who tells you flashing your EEC doesn't work, doesn't know what they're talking about, so don't waste your time arguing with them.. [/QUOTE]

Yep, punks will be punks.

He thanks for the link man, I haven't messed around with the Stang in a long time, but there's a new and interesting car show called Street Outlaws, where they're always tuning their cars with a laptop. Makes me want to get one of these new ECU tuning units, so that I can try different tunes out.

But I have to admit, that once I got my 2006 Lexus GS, it's so much nicer than my Mustang, that I hardly drive the Stang anymore. Plus I upgraded the exhaust with racing Bassani cats and 2 chamber Flowmaster mufflers, so the loudness of the exhaust for an extended period of time can get tiring.

On the bright side the thing sounds sick as hell when I rev it, I tried to capture the sound in a video, but it's one of those things that you'd have to experience in person to really get the gist of it.

When I raced my friends Camaro, his brother taped the race from his car, and you can hear the sweet sounding growl of the exhaust from my car when I downshift into 1st gear. Those Mustangs always had one of the best sounding engines ever, despite that their handling from the factory is ridiculously bad and unsafe for a car that could reach triple digit speeds so quickly.

Anyways, in the event you would like to hear that sweet exhaust noise, fast forward this clip to
0:43 seconds (just love that mean growl of the v8 with my particular setup

I don't want to post all these stang videos on here so much but go to my channel and search for "One of the
Ever! " And fast forward to 33 seconds. It sounds like a raspy beast!

BTW: Since I'm a bit of a car nut, I have 0-100mph acceleration footage for all the new Lexus Cars and Trucks. ES, Lexus IS & the RX I still have to edit and post. The new ES is pretty sweet.

Here's the 2013 Lexus ES350; sucker is fast on the highway. Fast forward to 8:55 to see the 0-120mph test

Last edited by LexVoitek; 03-26-14 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-31-14, 02:41 AM
EA6BMECH
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do I detect some spamming going on here??
Old 03-31-14, 02:36 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Spamming? These aren't bulk messages...

The guy is definitely promoting his site, but I wouldn't call it spam... Not sure if it breaks any rules, but then again, I'm new, so a forum guru will have to chime in on that, but I'm guessing it's not an issue since he and I were having a meaningful conversation - which ended several days ago.

Quick Reply: FINALLY....Recall on GS300 engine misfire