GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The GS has hit the 100k mark..... Another 200k to go! *Lots of pics*

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-11, 04:01 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is so awedome it takes my phone few minutes to load it up running on wifi , let me know what kind of ipad mount you have there, looks like the best ipad mount i have seen.
Old 10-06-11, 10:02 PM
CBRA928
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

car looks great... im at 97k nearing the 100k mark....

what kind of ipad mount is that? where is it mounted to and where did you get it from?
Old 10-07-11, 07:43 AM
DJ63
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I LOVE me some Robin Meade!!
Old 10-07-11, 04:27 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine has 99,999k on it right now... but it's km so 62K. Not bad for an 06. :P

I just ran out of powertrain warranty on time before mileage... what a waste.

Your pictures kind of make me want to look into getting a mount for my 2 HP touchpads (loved that deal....) . =)
Old 10-07-11, 06:54 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Car looks pristine, love ths thread cause it gives us something to look forward too. I'm at 53,322 Miles so I'm half way there, sure won't keep it that long but my next one I probably will and now I know it will go that long. When you hit 200,000 Miles you gotta do another write up.
Old 10-08-11, 10:26 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Car looks clean with all the driving you do how has the front held up with rock chips?? I have clear bra over my whole front end but I am sooo freaked out about driving down the hwy in traffic, BTW I have 63k on mine still running strong and I drive her like shes stollen i really should get some discipline!!
Old 10-08-11, 11:24 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx for sharing your world with us. Beautiful car and nice shots that you've captured along the way. And of course I love the iPad install. The mobile office is much respected.
Old 10-21-11, 06:53 PM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

very nice pics.. and keeping it clean as well on your trips.
Old 10-23-11, 05:18 AM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Geat pics and posts. I remember your Acura. Whats the 411 on the TV?
Old 10-23-11, 11:51 PM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car still looks amazing! Btw, where did u order all the tune up parts from?
Old 10-24-11, 06:30 AM
sbui
Driver

That's one hell of a car and your job must be a lot of fun
Old 10-24-11, 06:41 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep on going
Old 10-24-11, 02:45 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Cool thread thanks for sharing
Old 10-25-11, 05:19 AM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LIMS407
just amazing pics,,,if you dont mind, what do you do for living doing all that driving??
Thank you sir! It's kind of complicated to explain what I do for work. I am a technician for a company that sells and services Japanese computerized embroidery machines and I build and install Seit laser machines. They can be very large and they are spread out all over the five states I cover so i'm in this car a lot to say the least.

Here is a pic......

Originally Posted by SCGS350
Excellent post and man that TL is gorgeous. . What type of bulbs are you running in your headlights, drl and fogs? They all match pretty well.
Daytime- I was running Lytech ( I think that is how it is spelt) but I hated the blue look when the car was off in the light housing so I just put the stock ones back in.

I'm running LED Vled for the parking lights and 3000k hids for the fogs. The headlights are stock and will remain that way.

Originally Posted by Bavaria
You're an inspiration to us all - thank you.
Thanks a lot!

Originally Posted by Bushwack
What amazes me most about my GS350 is getting 32-33 MPG HWY averaging 70-75MPH with one passenger, the a/c on and about 75 lbs in the trunk.
It amazes me what the car says on the sticker and what numbers I get when behind the wheel. I drive 75-80 all day and still get an honest 30-31 so i'm very happy with that, I'm curious to see what the LS 460 gets with my driving habits. I will find out in a couple of years.

Originally Posted by msgs350
mmade22,

Nice write ups!

How is your tire wear with all that driving considering your are lowered and riding on 20's right?
19's They look bigger than they are thanks to the spoke design riding on the edge and having no lip. The tire where started to be bad in the inner edge due to camber so I installed a camber kit last week and after 45,000 miles (not bad) I just replaced the rear tires. I'm riding on the entire tire now and I would expect 50,000 out of the new set. The front tires are 45,000 miles deep and you would never be able to tell they had any where on them. The DWS has wear markers on them D-dry W-wet S-snow. All of the "DWS" are still showing so I think I might reach 100,000 miles out of the front tires. Amazing!!!

I put the camber kit in and went to get it aligned and the guy came back and said "whoever installed the camber kit did a great job because it was perfect" I just eyed it up and I got lucky.

The kit.....

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
This thread is so awesome it takes my phone few minutes to load it up running on wifi , let me know what kind of ipad mount you have there, looks like the best ipad mount i have seen.
The ipod mount is the best one on the market. The cops use the RAM mount for the laptops in the car. It can be had online for 90 bucks shipped.

Of course I had to bend the bracket and and cut the post down so it would mount perfect in my car.

The backet bolts into the lower seat bolt. I had to bend that to fit the rug so it wasn't to snug to the point where I couldn't get my car mat out.

The kit before I cut the rod...

The finished product....

One turn of a screw and the entire mount can be taken out when I have a passenger so its on big deal.

With the new OS5 in the IPAD2 and the Vaistech ML+ unit, the display for each song is just awesome.

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Car looks pristine, love ths thread cause it gives us something to look forward too. I'm at 53,322 Miles so I'm half way there, sure won't keep it that long but my next one I probably will and now I know it will go that long. When you hit 200,000 Miles you gotta do another write up.
I will do that for sure!

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
Car looks clean with all the driving you do how has the front held up with rock chips?? I have clear bra over my whole front end but I am sooo freaked out about driving down the hwy in traffic, BTW I have 63k on mine still running strong and I drive her like shes stollen i really should get some discipline!!
The first thing I did was ordered a clear bra for the entire front, the hood, all of the lights and the mirrors. It has done its job well (better have cost me 800) but after 65,000 miles the 3m has started to yellow and absorb the smoke from trucks so I took it to the shop and showed them (it's only been one year) and he made a call and they are warranting the entire kit. I just haven't had time to take it down to have it installed.

Originally Posted by LexLaw
Thanx for sharing your world with us. Beautiful car and nice shots that you've captured along the way. And of course I love the iPad install. The mobile office is much respected.
Originally Posted by TheRyanGS
very nice pics.. and keeping it clean as well on your trips.
I ride with a bucket and rags in the trunk and hit the hand wash places when needed.

Originally Posted by Chaos236
Geat pics and posts. I remember your Acura. Whats the 411 on the TV?
My Acura and I really had a good thing going. I knew that car like the back of my hand when I sold her at 215k and I am getting very familar with the GS mile after mile.

Originally Posted by sbui
That's one hell of a car and your job must be a lot of fun
I am a lucky man who enjoys what he does for a living. I do it well and have passion for what I do. Going into my 15th year and loving every day.

Thanks for all the other positive comments guys. I'm doing my 100k tune up pictures on my other thread now. Please check it out.
Old 10-25-11, 08:17 AM
TWong350

Wow! Awesome thread. I've never seen anyone put on so many miles so quickly. Your car is super clean too!

I'm surprised your work doesn't just provide you with a company car/van to drive in with your tools and whatnot. But, hopefully the reimburse you for your mileage on your personal car!

Look forward to seeing more updates from you when you hit the 200k mark in a few months!

Quick Reply: The GS has hit the 100k mark..... Another 200k to go! *Lots of pics*