GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Nav Disk will not eject, any ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-11, 12:02 PM
tungo
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by imadesign
i will update you once i go days off of what is the exact sequence for ejecting it

hahaaa do you want to know what happend to me once, from the hidden menu, i chosed to load another setting and then it wont accept any disc except the one i have chosen
so
this what i did
opened the glove box
removed the DVD box
opend the box that is attached to it looked for the battery in that box
the battery was soldered so i had to drain it, plugged a led light to it and allowed it to drain till its not lighting anymore
reinstalled the whole thing and worked fine.
inserted the original DVD that came with the car and worked fine
trust me:: you dont want to try this.. it is such a real pain
see attachment
Yep, that's how far we had to go to remove the DVD. But I also changed my cabin filter at the same time so it did get something actually done out of it. Took apart the glove box, took out the DVD drive, pry the DVD drive apart, lifted the disk and put it all back together.

It took him an hour, granted he's also really fast at working on cars. He did a GSR motor swap in 3 hours.
Old 03-15-11, 04:22 PM
maldeeny
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fix for screen with japanese or chinese writing

I am new to the forum and had this problem before and its simple to fix,when the screen comes up with the writing just press the top right hand corner of the screen for a few seconds and it will pop the dvd out,just make sure your glove box is open....
Old 03-15-11, 08:48 PM
Ken300
Rookie

Originally Posted by maldeeny
I am new to the forum and had this problem before and its simple to fix,when the screen comes up with the writing just press the top right hand corner of the screen for a few seconds and it will pop the dvd out,just make sure your glove box is open....
Glad, I think, to hear your solution. Now we have two options on how to eject the disc. Hopefully we will start to narrow down which (maybe multiple) methods will work. I'm going to test some of my homemade Hybrid DVDs this weekend so I'll probably have a chance to try the two methods. I'll try to record my attempts so we can zero in on what works.

thanks for your post
Old 05-22-12, 12:05 PM
TheCat1
Driver School Candidate

Default Nav DVD stuck unit won't eject or respond to eject comands

Originally Posted by maldeeny
I'm experiencing the same problem unable to eject the nav DVD after performing the update, after installing the latest version NAV DVD for my 2007 LX470 the system updated and performed correctly for a couple days but now is slow to load and the map is gone replaced by a snowy image on the screen, I tried to eject the disc but no response from the DVD unit when I try to eject the NAV DVD. I tried the touching and holding onto the top right hand corner of the screen but nothing happens. I would appreciate any help in solving this mystery and ejecting the nav DVD. I don't know if this problem is a result of a faulty new nav DVD or a software issue but I burned a replacement DVD to insert and try if I can remove the stuck DVD.
Please help.
Thanks
Old 05-31-12, 07:52 AM
mydawgz
Driver School Candidate

ok- please help... I have the Japanese screen and I have the disc in my hand, but I am afraid to put it back in!!! I had, "system loading.. do not turn off power" then I tapped the screen and the disc came out, but now I have the blue Japanese screen. What do I do now?? I dont want it to get stuck on this screen with the disc inside.
Old 05-31-12, 06:06 PM
Teddy350
Driver

This worked for me...I disconnected the battery for a few minutes, reconnected it while having the glove box open, then I powered up the car (engine off) and pressed and held the top right and left of the touchscreen display. Disc ejected.
Old 06-10-12, 09:24 AM
Gref38
Driver School Candidate

I actually live in Canada. Not sure if that makes a difference for the models or what have you. I have a 2007 GS Hybrid. The dealership did some servicing on my car and got that error screen. I have a second gen personally made updated DVD disc.
I read this forum and went out to try the invisible buttons thing.
In acc mode. (just pushed the start button once. No dash lights) i pushed the top left once and then the top right once. no beeps were heard but the DVD ejects so quickly and easily I was stunned. I was expecting a big drawn our battle or something even worse.
It was so easy I actually stuck it right back in a did again just make sure I saw what I saw.

The original DVD had to be used afterwards.
I started the car with NO dvd in and right away the drive started hunting so I slipped in the factory original. Nothing happened. I pushed the Nav button and then waited. (I may have restarted the car. I forgot) But I waited for 5 seconds after hitting the Nav button and then it rebooted.
All was good. Then I went to the eject button. Replaced the original with my updated DVD and I was done. It took about 3 minutes total.
I LOVE INTERNET FORUMS NOW.
Can anyone help me the crappy hands free sound that people hear when I call them????
Old 12-09-12, 06:20 PM
fehong
Driver School Candidate

Default ejected NAV DVD solution

worked for me 2007 lexus gs350. After reading the forum, I disconnected the battery for 1 minutes, reconnected the battery. When i turned on the car, the nav displayed japanese characters and a note saying the disc was not working and auto ejected. Whew.....
Old 12-10-12, 05:16 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't have to disconnect the battery, just touched the top right hand corner of the screen like maldeeny said and the disk ejected.
Old 05-18-15, 02:28 PM
YamahaG1
Driver School Candidate

Default Try this to eject Nav disk-use the eject button on the machine in the trunk

I have a 2002 GS430. I made the (stupid) mistake of inserting an upgrade disc while the original was still in the reader (it's in the trunk in my car). I tried a lot of things.. ended up with the screen stuck on the "disc isn't compatable" (basically) and I couldn't eject the disk I put in. I finally figured it out- that you push the little button to the right on the player, and hold down the button on the far left right next to that switch.. and the disc will eject... exepting in my case, there were 2 discs, and I had to grab the suckers real hard and PULL - I got them both out, but did some scratching to the surface. Still- better then the hours I'd spend taking the player apart. I tried all sorts of things so far- and I can't get the screen to load the new disc.. it seems to think I have the wrong disc. I know that's not right, because the original one gave a simular warning screen. I'm about to disconnect the battery and hook it back up and see if that helps. I am happy, though, that I had one original version 1 disc that I can sell now ( I explored the flies on it and it seems to be OK on my computer even though it got a few scratches.) I'll be able to offset the cost of the newer version 9 disc that way. I don't care what my ver. 9 disc looks like as long as it works. At this point, I believe the laser reader is dirty or something on that line. I know the unit is getting power, and it was spinning. This unit is very confusing as to how to work if anything goes wrong. It's another case perhaps of companies making things difficult to get you to go in and spend enormous money with the dealer to fix the "problems", when in fact most likely they are nothing.
Old 01-23-17, 06:00 PM
Bettycat
Driver School Candidate

Default Try this!,

my nav disc would not eject and the entire nav functionality stopped working. I tried all of the "hidden button" solutions but they didn't work. I found a thread on this site related to a stuck cd in the 6 cd changer. The person recommended starting to insert another disc but hold the disc tightly and don't let the disc feed into the system. Pull the disc out and it should release the disc that is stuck. I used the nav tutorial disc in my owners manual as the "bait" disc. It worked in my 2007 es350. I successfully inserted the nav disc back in and the maps loaded up immediately.
Old 06-20-19, 12:00 PM
mmusgrove
Driver School Candidate

Default Nav system inop on 2006 GS430. Disc wouldn't eject.

After having body work done I picked up my car, started it up to find the message "please insert correct nav disc" with Japanese writing below message. Also the Map, Dest, and Menu buttons on the right side of display did not function. Since it was something the body shop did I walked back in and asked WTF? Had to make an appointment for them to fix it. Short story on the fix is they couldn't figure it out, didn't want to take it to Lexus dealer. The battery had been disconnected for quite a while. While I was in waiting area I started "Goggleing". Found the thread about after the "please insert correct nav disc" message appears, press and hold finger on top right side of the screen. Told them. It worked. Additional info: On my car the nav disc player is in glove box. I had updated nav disc from U24 to U40 a few years before body work. After the body shop got the disc to eject, they couldn't get the nav to display map. So, I put the original disc in, you'll get a message to not turn off power while disc is loading. Did that, buttons were functional again with eject button. However, no map? ejected disc, total scratched up. Thinking, the tried to insert it on top of the disc that was in it. Put my update disc in in, all good. One of the fixes recommended was to use forceps, place on top of disc to stop, and wait for eject "sound", release and disc will eject. Tried it once while I was waiting for appointment. Also tried top left, top right, on screen. No dice. However, to determine if disc player is at least trying to boot, you can hear the player spinning the disc if you open glove box and press start switch. Don't need to start engine. Recently, left my car for a paint job, no rush, after 6 weeks hadn't even started, went to pick it up, battery dead. Nav out again. Top right worked again!! Hope this helps
Old 03-13-23, 02:45 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Bettycat
my nav disc would not eject and the entire nav functionality stopped working. I tried all of the "hidden button" solutions but they didn't work. I found a thread on this site related to a stuck cd in the 6 cd changer. The person recommended starting to insert another disc but hold the disc tightly and don't let the disc feed into the system. Pull the disc out and it should release the disc that is stuck. I used the nav tutorial disc in my owners manual as the "bait" disc. It worked in my 2007 es350. I successfully inserted the nav disc back in and the maps loaded up immediately.
This worked like a charm, my '08 GS350 had a stuck nav disc and this made it come right out. Thank you!