GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

When someone copies you...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-10, 07:45 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

I would consider it a compliment honestly! I would want to meet the owner.. ask him to compliment me in person, and if he refuses.. knock his lights out right there and then!
Old 12-21-10, 07:58 AM
skim07
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

neither...its a coincidence.
I think you are driving a wrong car if you are that obessed with being unique.
Old 12-21-10, 10:00 AM
socal3gs
Driver

time for the OP to upgrade with newer parts
Old 12-21-10, 11:05 AM
Kcook700
Lead Lap

Storm, I agree with your anger. We put a lot of thought and work into our cars to make them how we want them to look, and to have somebody copy your set up purposely would be frustrating. However, what are the chances that person copied your car on purpose? If that were the case, then yes, you have the right to feel how you want. But if you choose parts that are easily obtainable and desirable, then i believe this is purely coincidental.

Holla at the guy. Maybe this is a photo shoot opportunity.
Old 12-21-10, 11:17 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Even Batmobile get copied, what make U think u r so different?

Pick glad. It's a happier feeling.
Old 12-21-10, 11:33 AM
chopperpl
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't worry about it. Majority of gs owners buy vossens, and that doesn't bother them. I guess, if you want to be original, then you have to pull out your wallet, and have things built specifically for you. That means adding extra 30-40% on top of what you've paid for the car...
Cheers
Old 12-21-10, 12:29 PM
gridlock13
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i'd be a tiny bit annoyed but would still think it's a compliment. it just means you have such great taste that someone else couldn't help but want it too!
Old 12-21-10, 12:43 PM
xianan87
Rookie

whether it is a coincidence or not... it will only motivates me to do more mods to make my car more individualistic...
Old 12-21-10, 01:22 PM
LexFather

Thats how I feel everytime I see an Altima, G35/37 etc

Yeah its messed up b/c there are so many choices out there you lose that originality. However it is a tremendous form of saying you have good taste.

Funny but I modded my 2GS nearly identical to bitkahuna's. I remember even calling him and "asking permission" to get the same wheels out of respect. He was nice and said yes but in retrospect he probably felt he lost some of the originality of being the only one....

next thing I know he has HREs

Old 12-21-10, 05:53 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Yeah its messed up b/c there are so many choices out there you lose that originality. However it is a tremendous form of saying you have good taste.

Funny but I modded my 2GS nearly identical to bitkahuna's. I remember even calling him and "asking permission" to get the same wheels out of respect. He was nice and said yes but in retrospect he probably felt he lost some of the originality of being the only one....

I cant recall ever seeing your car would you mind posting a pic of it being the OG of the Lexus community that you are lol!
Old 12-21-10, 06:21 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Same here, once I asked another clublexus member for his blessing because I wanted to buy the same wheels (in another finish though). Ultimately I didn't get them but I thought it was polite to ask.

Fortunantly, I have a set of wheels on my car that no one else has. I like that a lot. But if someone else gets them, what can I do. I would get a little upset only if that person purposely copied me. I'd let it go eventually, though.

I like Vossens but I can't see myself buying a set because so many cars are rocking them. I could get them only if I custom painted them or something. I saw an SC today with a set color matched white. Looked alright.
Old 12-21-10, 06:21 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are so correct Big Mack

It's not copy till it's custom...IMO
Old 12-21-10, 06:35 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Same here, once I asked another clublexus member for his blessing because I wanted to buy the same wheels (in another finish though). Ultimately I didn't get them but I thought it was polite to ask.

Fortunantly, I have a set of wheels on my car that no one else has. I like that a lot. But if someone else gets them, what can I do. I would get a little upset only if that person purposely copied me. I'd let it go eventually, though.

I like Vossens but I can't see myself buying a set because so many cars are rocking them. I could get them only if I custom painted them or something. I saw an SC today with a set color matched white. Looked alright.
Before I bought my Vossens I really had only seen them in advertisements on here and now that I have them they are on everyones car, oh well I think they look great. I still haven t seen another set of Vossen wheels in real life, only on here. Hey maybe great minds think alike! The Ordens are a great wheel too and I can t tell you how many of those I have seen. How many times have you bought a brand new pair of shoes and as soon as you go out you see three people with the same ones its inevitable.
Old 12-21-10, 07:05 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wouldnt let this bother you....check out the 2gen IS section and see how many of the cars are identical. Just think your car inspired someone else!! You should be happy not taken back by it

Funny thing would be if this person has never seen your car and they think that you copied them
Old 12-21-10, 07:07 PM
phatz
Driver

I know people who bashed my car the went to go buy one, rat pos.

You cant trust anybody these days, people will copy and rat you to save themselves

At night when they go to sleep they will have to live with it, the rat moves they made

Do you thing and set trends, let others follow,

Quick Reply: When someone copies you...