GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Can't turn off GS350

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-10, 02:28 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a service manual for the GS, but I would check all the grounding points on the chassis. Likewise, check the cabling in exposed parts. It could be moisture getting into the connectors. If you are under warranty, make sure it mention that rain causes most of the problems...they should do all of the above.
I live in a very rainy place, and never had a single electrical issue on the 07 GS 350.
Old 04-03-10, 03:42 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For almost 2 weeks I thought I was having electrical problems. Weird things were happening simial to the op...though not as bad.
My problem..............the battery was dying in the key fob. Changed it and the problems went away.

My 2 GS have been very reliable. The 06 GS300 does have rattles but my wife ain't complaining and neither am I. Can't hear them with the music on and I always have it on, so does wifey.
We're planning to keep both these cars til the doors fall off. I think...ya never know when it comes to emotional things like car buying.
Old 04-05-10, 12:18 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

She's at the shop now.

I have them looking at this electrical issue, the horrible dash rattles and the mirrors not going back to position after reversing. The guy on the phone says that I need to have neither left or right selected on the mirrors and then they will be fine. not sure I buy that but whatever.

Then he tried to bang me out on $400 something dollars for the 20K service. He said it includes tire rotation, oil change, and replacing oil filter. then he mentioned a cheaper version of the service for like $175. I asked what the differences were and he could barely tell me. I just had new tires put on and I do oil changes every 3K. Totally felt like he was trying to rip me off, nevermind the fact I just had my DEAD Lexus towed to them. Fed up with Lexus
Old 04-05-10, 12:40 PM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bozer
She's at the shop now.

I have them looking at this electrical issue, the horrible dash rattles and the mirrors not going back to position after reversing. The guy on the phone says that I need to have neither left or right selected on the mirrors and then they will be fine. not sure I buy that but whatever.

Then he tried to bang me out on $400 something dollars for the 20K service. He said it includes tire rotation, oil change, and replacing oil filter. then he mentioned a cheaper version of the service for like $175. I asked what the differences were and he could barely tell me. I just had new tires put on and I do oil changes every 3K. Totally felt like he was trying to rip me off, nevermind the fact I just had my DEAD Lexus towed to them. Fed up with Lexus
I feel the same way....Are Lexus' sales so far in the tank that they are trying to rip people off for service? Maybe they should get rid of all the expensive crap in these dealership service waiting rooms
Old 04-05-10, 12:46 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

did you start noticing these problems after the night your windows were down in the rain? if so, i would agree with the other poster that said there may be some sort of an electrical issue. hope it all goes well.
Old 04-05-10, 01:05 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

Yes, the windows down shennanigans happened earlier that morning
Old 04-05-10, 01:18 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

If the carpets were soaked, id say pull off the carpet retainers and take a look to see if all the wiring running down the door sills are wet too. that could be your problem.
Old 04-05-10, 06:27 PM
gsexy300
Pole Position

It's in park. I don't know what the hell could be the problem.

I was so mad last night. Went and got the car washed, took some friends out and when I go to park that happens. Had to drive home and get the Jetta.

Just sick of bringing this car in really. Paid so much doe for it and I've had the most problems with this car then any of the other much cheaper cars I've had in the past.

As soon as it began to get warmer here, a bunch of new rattles came back too. Just drives me crazy.

Wonder if my car will even start this morning. Also, towing the car does not sound like fun.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I know you guys feel my pain.
careful about whining about rattles too much here. You can get banned for that.
Old 04-05-10, 08:53 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL how about instead of getting banned have a good lexus tech come on here and fix all our rattle problems. That would save me time,money,nerves,headache i can keep going................. But to the OP i honestly think they won't cover water dmg. Especially if the windows we're half way down. They can easily blame u for pressing the button on the key fob, While sitting or under some object. About the mirror's not going back to place tell him if it wasnt on the L or the R IT WOULDN"T go down at all.(idiot dealer) I also hope the rattle's get fixed. I also noticed with all these recalls and bad rep and bad sales they are mny hungry. They barely wanna warranty anything i mean even to a $5 clip missing on my bumper out of no where. No damage was on it. Honestly speaking i miss my acura and acura service. I was cool with the manager i threw him some cash and the car would be done in short time without all this oh u did this ure self shiet and not getting warrantied.
Old 04-06-10, 06:05 AM
purebliss
Lead Lap

It def has to do with getting something gettng wet. These cars are not BMWs with those kind of problems. Rattles are one thing but def not electrical problems. It all has to do with getting something wet. Word of advice I would get that car away from Bay Ridge Lexus they are one of the worst dealerships in the north east.
Old 04-06-10, 06:23 AM
jineration
Driver School Candidate

its funny that you said all those things happened to you cause i once had a car like that once.... heres a question did you have a windshield replaced and is it a lexus window.. to find out if it is there should be "LEXUS" on the front glass
Old 04-06-10, 11:06 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She's at the shop now.

Yeah you need to put the selector in the right place...

Also, all four windows down? Sounds like you either accidentally hit the unlock button or someone else intentionally did. It has happened to me before. Your windows are not possessed.

If you're so fed up then just get a different car.
Old 04-06-10, 07:16 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

Purebliss what makes you say that about Bay Ridge lexus? Where else could I bring it?

Is it even possible to have the windows go down only half way on all four windows? I wouldn't even know how to do that nevermind do that accidently.

They called me today to say they are looking at my problems now (why the car wouldn't turn off). He failed to bring up the rattles though. I really hope they don't argue with me about the rattles. I'd pay some doe to never hear them again, its so annoying.
Old 04-06-10, 08:53 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Purebliss what makes you say that about Bay Ridge lexus? Where else could I bring it?

Is it even possible to have the windows go down only half way on all four windows? I wouldn't even know how to do that nevermind do that accidently.

They called me today to say they are looking at my problems now (why the car wouldn't turn off). He failed to bring up the rattles though. I really hope they don't argue with me about the rattles. I'd pay some doe to never hear them again, its so annoying.
*sigh* If you accidentally hit the unlock button long enough it starts to roll down the windows, then you move and therefore releasing whatever is putting the pressure on the button before the windows are completely open, there it is.

It happens way more often than you think. Just get over the windows part.

As for the rattles, if it's not there all the time when you drive, it's not guaranteed that they can hear it. It must be replicated when they have it so they know where to fix.
Old 04-07-10, 05:31 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by purebliss
It def has to do with getting something gettng wet. These cars are not BMWs with those kind of problems. Rattles are one thing but def not electrical problems. It all has to do with getting something wet. Word of advice I would get that car away from Bay Ridge Lexus they are one of the worst dealerships in the north east.
Hhhhmm i am not the only one who thinks bay ridge lexus sucks huh. Thats good to hear, where do u take ure car to?

To the OP please let me know how they handle you're rattle's, if needed u might need to take a test drive with that cool african american dude and let him know about everything. Please let me know how it turns out because i would like to take it in but i can't look at that fat pakistan manager he really pisses me off, not wanting to cover anything under regular 50k warranty. Also let me know who's you're service advisor is maybe if i do plan to go there for rattle's at least i would have a guy that heard of these problems already.

Quick Reply: Can't turn off GS350