GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Raped again by the dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-09, 09:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by RC51TOFUMA
AFS headlights..don't need adjustment right? they are self adjusting.....am I correct?
it's still adjustable, and depend on lowering, some need, some don't
Old 12-11-09, 05:04 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

jiffy lube for an oil change? ef that, i would not trust those retards working on my car. thats the only thing i get done at the dealer is oil changes because its only 50 bucks.
Old 12-11-09, 06:01 AM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
jiffy lube for an oil change? ef that, i would not trust those retards working on my car. thats the only thing i get done at the dealer is oil changes because its only 50 bucks.
Even retards can remove one bolt and dump liquid into a hole!
Old 12-11-09, 06:11 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

do you really trust going to a **** oil job place to let people work on your car who really know nothing about cars? also the gs is a little more complex then 1 bolt.

these are the same people that argue with you and tell you that you dont need to change your oil filter every time you change your oil. yea thats who i want doing my oil change.
Old 12-11-09, 06:14 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stvincent
lkapimp, which dealership did you go?
Sheey Lexus of Annapolis
Old 12-11-09, 06:16 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
do you really trust going to a **** oil job place to let people work on your car who really know nothing about cars? also the gs is a little more complex then 1 bolt.

these are the same people that argue with you and tell you that you dont need to change your oil filter every time you change your oil. yea thats who i want doing my oil change.
I know a guy that works there he is the manager, he is the one that does it and he double and triple checks everything, besides he is a little intimidated by me and doesn t want to get beat up lol!!!!
Old 12-11-09, 06:20 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RC51TOFUMA
AFS headlights..don't need adjustment right? they are self adjusting.....am I correct?
They definitely needed to be adjusted they only lit up the road like 10 feet in front of the car
Old 12-11-09, 07:15 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys this is nothing compared with what a BMW dealer charges. My BMW dealer would charge me $450 for a rotate and alignment. The Lexus is dealer charges $180.

Also it doesn't sound like you got a quote from the dealer so you can hardly claim to be raped. To claim rape, you have to say "no" first.

Recently my smartcard key got waterdamaged. The dealer quoted me an hour of labour at $80 to re-program it. I told them "No" and said as a loyal customer, surely they wouldn't want me to go to another dealer for this one thing. They agreed to do it for $40 which is a bargain price, given the free hand car wash they gave me.
Old 12-11-09, 08:05 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
nope i buy mobile one and go too jiffy lube,
Jiffy Lube? You might as well just drive your GS up against a wall and get it over with fast
Old 12-11-09, 08:29 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by batman75
Guys this is nothing compared with what a BMW dealer charges. My BMW dealer would charge me $450 for a rotate and alignment. The Lexus is dealer charges $180.

Also it doesn't sound like you got a quote from the dealer so you can hardly claim to be raped. To claim rape, you have to say "no" first.

Recently my smartcard key got waterdamaged. The dealer quoted me an hour of labour at $80 to re-program it. I told them "No" and said as a loyal customer, surely they wouldn't want me to go to another dealer for this one thing. They agreed to do it for $40 which is a bargain price, given the free hand car wash they gave me.
lol, you are going to the wrong dealer, from my 8 years experiences with bmw, their services have ALWAYS been WAY cheaper than lexus. You will be surprised on how cheap bmw parts are. Lexus is just ridiculous.

I can do the 10k oil services at bmw for like $70 while lexus will charge around $130
Old 12-11-09, 08:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
Even retards can remove one bolt and dump liquid into a hole!
haha, not when they forget to put the "screw / bolt" back!

regarding jiffy lube, i have nothing else to say

and about bmw? come on kev, why would you pay a dime at 10k? i don't plan to pay a dime until the day i return my car, hehe...

but i will say over long period of time, maintenance on bmw will get ugly. when i got my m3 to service, there was this guy with a b7, i don't know what he did, but the list ended up being 7 pages long and came out to like 3k? and the car is running fine
Old 12-11-09, 09:09 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol henry, you always crack me up.. hah, remember my e46 was 2001, it only covered up to 36k for free maintenance, and i was referring to the 10k interval oil services after that =)

5k = oil change
10k = oil services as they would like to call it

b7 is definitely a thing of its own and M cars have always been on the pricier sides, again, non ballers like us wouldn't have to worry about that =)
Old 12-11-09, 09:14 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
haha, not when they forget to put the "screw / bolt" back!

regarding jiffy lube, i have nothing else to say

and about bmw? come on kev, why would you pay a dime at 10k? i don't plan to pay a dime until the day i return my car, hehe...

but i will say over long period of time, maintenance on bmw will get ugly. when i got my m3 to service, there was this guy with a b7, i don't know what he did, but the list ended up being 7 pages long and came out to like 3k? and the car is running fine
Or when Jiffy lube forgot to use a gasket for the oil filter or when they double gasket it. They also do not change the crush washer on the drain bolt like they are suppose to and I sure they don’t use Lexus oil filters. There are a few web sites that are dedicated just for car owners that had issues with Jiffy Lube, that itself should mean something.

I find the cost for Preventative maintenance between German and Japanese car to be about the same, with the German cars, the maint. interval is longer so its actually cheaper. Even if we are talking about corrective maintenance, Lexus parts are not exactly cheap, the difference is Lexus usually don’t break down as much.

Last edited by The G Man; 12-11-09 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-11-09, 10:00 AM
thall
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk about being rape, I went to the Lexus dealer in Augusta, GA because my clock doesn't work and the first thing the service tech told me was change the display unit for $800. I asked him how about checking a fuse first and he was like nope it's the display everything else works except the clock but it's for sure the display unit.
Old 12-11-09, 10:06 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by thall
Talk about being rape, I went to the Lexus dealer in Augusta, GA because my clock doesn't work and the first thing the service tech told me was change the display unit for $800. I asked him how about checking a fuse first and he was like nope it's the display everything else works except the clock but it's for sure the display unit.
that is unfortunate. dont do it. go with your gut feeling. most likely it is a fuse problem, but if it ends up being a display unit- you can surely find a much cheaper one than a dealer quote. thats ridiculous!!

Quick Reply: Raped again by the dealer!