GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2009 GS350 AWD-Obsidian with PB Interior-Picking it up next week,need help 18" wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-09, 05:26 PM
MTLGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dunnojack... your photoshop skills are out of this world!!! WOW!!! very nice!!! but sorry guys, I don't think I'm ready to go black and red with the wheels... as much as I think it would be a nice combo with the interior... I'm not sure about the chrome trims with the red and black wheels... I'm sure someone more courageous than me would for sure go with this look, maybe one day...

Like 1sicklex said, the OP (is that me? don't forget I'm a newbie, I might need a glossary to learm the lingo) might want to go with something a little more casual and everyday... I have to drive this car on a daily basis, and I'm not sure about pulling-up at the office sporting red and black wheels

Do you guys have any recomendations on any other wheels, 19" or 20".... I need help with this since this world is all new to me.

Thanks again everyone, and once again thanks Dunnojack for the photoshoping.... really nice picture of the G... wouldn't mind to see that picture with a different kind of wheels, more conservative and casual wheels. If I ever find a set I might be interested in, I might need to learn those photoshop skills to do the same.

Last edited by MTLGS; 05-30-09 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-30-09, 05:39 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MTLGS
I don't I'm ready to go black and red with the wheels... as much as I think it would be a nice combo with the interior... I find it clashes a little with the chrome trim of the rest of the car...
youre right.
Old 05-30-09, 06:25 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

time attack!!!
Old 05-30-09, 06:27 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

if you want conservative, I'd recommend concave mesh 10 spoke.
or 10 thick spokes.

the mesh without lip will be a lot cheaper. 19" will run you like $300 each wheel.

i personally like the concave look more than the deep dish lip look.

Old 05-30-09, 07:22 PM
LexFather

Dunnojack... your photoshop skills are out of this world!!! WOW!!! very nice!!! but sorry guys, I don't think I'm ready to go black and red with the wheels... as much as I think it would be a nice combo with the interior... I'm not sure about the chrome trims with the red and black wheels... I'm sure someone more courageous than me would for sure go with this look, maybe one day...

Like 1sicklex said, the OP (is that me? don't forget I'm a newbie, I might need a glossary to learm the lingo) might want to go with something a little more casual and everyday... I have to drive this car on a daily basis, and I'm not sure about pulling-up at the office sporting red and black wheels

Do you guys have any recomendations on any other wheels, 19" or 20".... I need help with this since this world is all new to me.

Thanks again everyone, and once again thanks Dunnojack for the photoshoping.... really nice picture of the G... wouldn't mind to see that picture with a different kind of wheels, more conservative and casual wheels. If I ever find a set I might be interested in, I might need to learn those photoshop skills to do the same.
Sounds like you got good taste. Yes OP means "original post/poster"

I recommend BBS wheels The last pic is HRE
Attached Thumbnails 2009 GS350 AWD-Obsidian with PB Interior-Picking it up next week,need help 18" wheels-gs-with-bbs.jpg   2009 GS350 AWD-Obsidian with PB Interior-Picking it up next week,need help 18" wheels-rsgt3rdgenkh8.jpg   2009 GS350 AWD-Obsidian with PB Interior-Picking it up next week,need help 18" wheels-gs-hre.jpg  
Old 05-30-09, 08:36 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

the RS gt is nice.

but what's your budget?
Old 05-30-09, 09:07 PM
MTLGS
Driver School Candidate

Gulp! I checked the BBS (I think they're the RGR) on the BBS-USA website and they run about 1k US each (ouch), that's not including the shipping to Canada, and the tire/sensors/installation. Really really nice with the lip, but a bit more than I want to spend for a set. 1sicklex, thanks for the pictures... really nice! you guys are so helpful.

Dunnojack, those concave no lip, what brand are they? They're very nice, and if they are around 300US each, not bad at all. Btw, thanks again for the photoshopping, you've got SKILLS!

Do you guys know of any good website to order them from, US or Canada. So far I heard of this local tuning place here in Montreal (Ultracar.com), but they don't seem to have all the brands. I might give them a call on Monday.
Old 05-30-09, 09:12 PM
MTLGS
Driver School Candidate

I was thinking of spending around 4k (canadian) for the whole set with tires/sensors/installation/taxes. That was what the dealer quoted me for the g-spiders ($3500). Right now that is pretty much my budget considering I'm just getting the car next week.
Old 05-30-09, 09:56 PM
LexFather

Stormforge can help since he is in Canada as well.... Our vendors have a lot of wheels available for some great prices....or even check out the wheels forum for a steal on some slightly used wheels. Thats how I got my BBS wheels

Can't wait for pics!
Old 05-31-09, 12:43 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I was thinking of spending around 4k (canadian) for the whole set with tires/sensors/installation/taxes. That was what the dealer quoted me for the g-spiders ($3500). Right now that is pretty much my budget considering I'm just getting the car next week.
I can recommend SR Auto Group located here in Richmond, BC. Website is: http://www.srautogroup.com/ (see website for contact email and telephone number). Ask for Cyrus or Freddie, tell them Patrick with the GS450h sent you. See what kind of wheel package they can do for you. You should have a wheel style in mind that you like, it will help to narrow down the selection process. If you want to discuss this further, send me a PM. Good luck!
Old 05-31-09, 03:56 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Wow, those BBS wheels look like a perfect fit. But $4k total for them + tires?
I'm guessing the GS was lowered in those pics?
Would love to get them, but way out of my budget for now...
Old 05-31-09, 04:53 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ivanz
Wow, those BBS wheels look like a perfect fit. But $4k total for them + tires?
I'm guessing the GS was lowered in those pics?
Would love to get them, but way out of my budget for now...
4k without tires
Old 06-01-09, 06:52 PM
MTLGS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks again guys for all your help...

I went by the dealer today to see the car, put the G-Spiders next to the car and it looked pretty good. Plus they made me a better deal for them. So, I might just go with those for now. I don't think I'm ready for the aftermarket jump just yet, but will be in the near future (if anything I could use these as winter wheels). Right now I'm just overwhelmed with all the options.

So Wednesday is delivery date!!! I can't wait!!! Expect pictures by Thursday or Friday the latest.

As you can see they had to roll the wheel to the car and raised it up on top of a box. Apperently they don't do Photoshop!!! hahahahahaha

Old 06-01-09, 07:56 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

many good options here. I like the time attack theme/look.

I like the GSpyders for the GS but I would take aftermarket over them unless you get them as the wheel on the car with no mark up. I have the GSpyders as my winter set up now and they do look great on the car. Heck I am sure you can find a set of GSpyders pretty cheap and if I recall a local member to you with an ISF is selling his set. Could work out for both of you and you can sell the OEM rims on here.

Congrats on the new car and welcome to CL
Old 06-01-09, 08:40 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

when you get it, make sure you take pictures NOT from your cellphone

Quick Reply: 2009 GS350 AWD-Obsidian with PB Interior-Picking it up next week,need help 18" wheels