GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

disable TPMS warning

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-07, 11:42 AM
RufRidn
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They make adapters for different sets I got these for my asantis.

Name:  tpms2.jpg
Views: 6697
Size:  15.7 KB

Name:  tpms3.jpg
Views: 6516
Size:  23.3 KB
Old 11-01-07, 03:53 PM
ServerTech
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LAMPRO
anyone notice this on the gs 07?
My 2007 AWD doesn't have the main/2nd switch, just a stupid trunk opener defeat.
Old 11-01-07, 07:25 PM
smalldog
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jerfitz
On the 2007 ES350 the button under the passenger side of the dash looks like the attached photo. Using this button a person can quickly switch the TPMS between two sets of tires.

My 430 has that switch. Does it turn the monitoring off?
Old 11-05-07, 09:52 AM
ServerTech
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by smalldog
My 430 has that switch. Does it turn the monitoring off?

No.
Old 11-05-07, 03:59 PM
smalldog
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ServerTech
No.
I know my TPS system work because I has a screw in a tire and the sensor light came on in the dash. I just installed new wheels and tire and didn't add the sensors. I put the switch in the 2nd position and the light hasn't come on in the dash yet. The wheels were installed Friday. I have driven the car @ 300 miles and no light. I will keep you guys posted.
Old 11-20-07, 07:38 AM
smalldog
Pole Position

Everything was ok until my nephew kicked the switch back to the main position. No the light is on. Oh well
Old 11-20-07, 12:47 PM
GFC350
Rookie

Just had a similar problem with my wheels. I had purchased a set of GS430 graphite 5 spokes from a fellow CL member with sensors. Replaced my factory 17's that came off my 06 GS300 and had them on for about 5k miles. Just this past weekend, light came one and flashed for quite sometime. Checked pressure, etc. everything was fine, wasnt sure what it was. Light then eventually stayed on solid. Made an appointment to Lexus and they had to idea until they realized I changed out my wheels. They then charged me 150 bucks to dismount the tires and get the numbers of the TPMS and then reprogram the computer system. Way to go! Lexus for the WIN! Wasnt happy that I had to pay the 150 bucks, but hey, guess I learned a lesson!
Old 11-20-07, 01:19 PM
smalldog
Pole Position

Everything was ok until my nephew kicked the switch back to the main position. No the light is on. Oh well
I put my oem tires next to the car to reset the TPM. I've driven the car for about 60 miles and the light didn't come on. I will let you know what happens.
Old 11-21-07, 05:32 PM
mi330
Driver School Candidate

Just took the summer tires/OEM 5 spoke wheels with TPMS sensors off my 2007 GS350 and put a set of OEM 5 spoke and Michelin all season tires on the GS350. As stated in an earlier post, this set of tires/wheels does not have TPMS sensors. I drove the car today and the warning light did not come on. When I switched these tires/wheels with no TPMS to my previous GS300 last winter, the warning light came on but eventually went off after about 3 tanks of gas. I'm happy the light did not come on but just a bit confused as to why.
Old 11-21-07, 07:55 PM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Name:  06wires5.jpg
Views: 7282
Size:  46.3 KB

There is a TPMS brain sitting behind the a/c display screen, I wonder if you could simply unplug the harness to it and be done with it ???? It is the little black box barely seen at the very top of the pic here.....
Old 11-22-07, 08:14 PM
wikidbwoy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EyeKutr

There is a TPMS brain sitting behind the a/c display screen, I wonder if you could simply unplug the harness to it and be done with it ???? It is the little black box barely seen at the very top of the pic here.....
i would like to know the same thing the flashing lights are annoying me. can anyone verify if this works?
Old 11-22-07, 09:38 PM
LAMPRO
Driver School Candidate

Whats so bad about putting a set of sensors on your aftermarket rims? I dont undertsand why you wouldnt WANT this feature.. Its not a major operation.. Do rims crack if you drill them in? Does this really have to be avoided? I just bought a set of TPMS sensors for my aftermarket rims, and Im about to send them to get mounted.. Any comments or advice before I do it??

ps- i just had the dash removed and reinsulated for the dash creak rattle. The last thing I want to do is get back in there behind the dash again to *** with that black box EYEKUTR mentioned.. The dash is not rattling anymore.. Plus I like the TPMS, it lets me know whats up, and that helps gas mileage=cost.

Anyone who did it before, (put TPMS sensors on aftermarket rims by drilling them into the rim) please post a reply!! Tell me what you went through and prices and all that.. PLEASE!!

Last edited by LAMPRO; 11-22-07 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-24-07, 08:21 AM
ServerTech
Pit Crew

I know my TPS system work because I has a screw in a tire and the sensor light came on in the dash. I just installed new wheels and tire and didn't add the sensors. I put the switch in the 2nd position and the light hasn't come on in the dash yet. The wheels were installed Friday. I have driven the car @ 300 miles and no light. I will keep you guys posted.
I also removed the original 17" wheels, then installed a set of 18" GS430 5-spokes with PS2 tiires. That was 3 months ago and not even a flashing light once from the TPMS. I don't have a switch to put in the second position so that has no effect my car. Guess I'm just lucky? Maybe the light will come on after 5,000 miles? Time will tell, I did write down the ID numbers for the 4 new sensors incase I need to have the dealer reprogram them.
Old 12-11-07, 05:21 PM
cenglebert
Driver School Candidate

I would strongly recommend putting the sensors in. I have a set of 19 inch HRE wheels on my 2007 GS350AWD with Toyo tires. You have to use locktite when mounting the sensors otherwise the faster you go the quicker they "air" down. The vibration from the wheel loosens the tightening collar. With locktite they will stay in place. Any way the other day the light came on. I took the wheel off thinking I had to re-"locktite" the TPMS, guess what, I found a roofing nail. The TPMS works
Old 11-22-09, 06:40 PM
echelon
Driver

I just put the winter wheels and tires without sensors on our '06 GS300 AWD and the TPMS light never came on. I plan on eventually putting sensors in the winter wheels but just couldn't swing it this season. I only paid $500 for the winter wheels and tires $400 more for TPMS sensors is a lot.

I too am wondering what cause the light NOT to come on. It's actually kind of disturbing to me and makes me think my TPMS isn't working...

Quick Reply: disable TPMS warning