ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011-153/)
-   -   Navigation DVD 7.1 in hand - First impressions (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011/309318-navigation-dvd-7-1-in-hand-first-impressions.html)

timeToy 09-28-07 11:03 PM

Navigation DVD 7.1 in hand - First impressions

So I pre-ordered the Navigation DVD 7.1 from Sewell Lexus, it was supposed to ship on October 1, it shipped earlier and I received it today, great.

So I popped the DVD into the Navi unit, it did the upgrade thingy, and here it is:

For sure, the first thing I tried is to see if the 5.1 Volume Override trick still works, and, it does not :-( (But that is not really a surprise...)

One thing that I notice, as I remember reading here that the previous versions didn't had support for Hawaii, is now it seems to have the maps for all the islands, I'm not in Hawaii so I can't actually confirm this.

I take pictures of all the 12 areas if you want to check if you local area is covered, check in the Gallery section

The only change I noticed is that there is no language selection and "I Agree" screen that needs to be pressed, just a static screen that disappear after few seconds. Navigating trough the interface I do not notice any major changes, but to be perfectly honest I didn't even drove the car, so I may have missed some stuff...

So I burn a Hybrid 5.1+7.1 Nav DVD following Sonartech post (I found the 5.1 LOADING.KWI here (Navigate trough the Ads, the file is there on the 3rd page)). After puling the fuse for the Nav System (Fuse TV 7.5Amp in the driver side box), I just dropped the newly burn Hybrid DVD, it did the update thingy (in this case a downgrade, I presume), and here it is, I do have now a full 7.1 database with a working Volume override trick :-)

Please report your findings regarding the Navigation DVD 7.1 here...

tod071 09-28-07 11:22 PM

From what I've heard the 08s will be coming in to Hawaii with Navi.

brownz 09-28-07 11:28 PM

Are there any notable differences from the previous version?

2thfixr 09-28-07 11:34 PM

So what were the differences between 5.1 and 6.1? Updated streets?

timeToy 09-28-07 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by brownz (Post 2949225)
Are there any notable differences from the previous version?

Beside Hawaii coverage, the only change I noticed is that there is no language selection and "I Agree" screen that needs to be pressed, just a static screen that disappear after few seconds, nothing else I can found in the interface.

Originally Posted by 2thfixr (Post 2949231)
So what were the differences between 5.1 and 6.1? Updated streets?

Yes, updated maps and points of interest.

EyeKutr 09-29-07 07:19 AM

excuse the ignorance, are these latest discs gen 5 specific ?

nyardich 09-29-07 07:44 AM

Cost

Originally Posted by EyeKutr (Post 2949503)
excuse the ignorance, are these latest discs gen 5 specific ?

How much does upgraded DVD cost.
Is it a warranty item??

Thanks

Nick

jeffofla 09-29-07 09:31 AM

The disks are generation 5 specific. They are not a warranty item (never have been). Sewell is usually one of the most competitive on pricing. I would check their site for current pricing.

phattbam 09-29-07 12:10 PM

I thought cars in HI weren't allowed to have factory nav's, why would the maps be supported? I might be totally wrong but I thought I read that on this forum that some HI members posted that

ps28542 09-29-07 04:49 PM

Some 7.1 update information

The new 7.1 disc does include quite a bit of information about Hawaii. The selection for Spanish and French are still there, just press the info button and then press the language button to select one.
I have already created a hybrid disc using the 5.1 load file, but found that this brings back the "I Agree" screen at startup. Also found out that it drops the Hawaii information.
Trying to find a program that will decrypt the .kwi file extension to bring this information back, and to also possibly override the telephone in motion block.

timeToy 09-29-07 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by ps28542 (Post 2950332)
I have already created a hybrid disc using the 5.1 load file, but found that this brings back the "I Agree" screen at startup. Also found out that it drops the Hawaii information.

I did the 5.1-7.1 Hybrid disk, I do have the I agree startup screen (I do not care the Vais SLI SoundLinkQ take care of pressing the button for me !), but I found that it does show me the Hawaii information.

phattbam 09-30-07 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by timeToy (Post 2950371)
I did the 5.1-7.1 Hybrid disk, I do have the I agree startup screen (I do not care the Vais SLI SoundLinkQ take care of pressing the button for me !), but I found that it does show me the Hawaii information.

How did you get the navi to read the hybrid dvd? I've tried the disconnecting method with the 5.1x6.1 hybrid no luck with that either.

atraidman 09-30-07 03:34 PM

Dumping the I Agree is a HUGE bonus on 7.1.

Pelase let us know how much the upgrade disk was, and also is this compatible with a 2007 GS350?

Jace7 09-30-07 09:33 PM

Better graphics? better detail? show some pictures...
Thanks.

btanchors 10-01-07 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by jeffofla (Post 2949702)
The disks are generation 5 specific. They are not a warranty item (never have been). Sewell is usually one of the most competitive on pricing. I would check their site for current pricing.

When will this be available (or WILL it be available) for Generation 2/3? I have a 2003 GS 430....