GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New Mods!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-07, 06:44 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Leaving the Maya family!

Sometimes change is good ,Reg! I like the new wheels, but sad to see you leave the Maya family!
Old 06-07-07, 09:57 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HKN
Different Is Cool...i Tried That Many Times...

However, I Don't Think I Would Put Maya And Work In With Racing Hart...dont Get Me Wrong I Love Racing Hart And Had Own Sets But The Fact Maya And Work Have Completely Different Styles And Also Come Forged For Their 3-piece Wheels While Racing Hart Such As The C5, C5, M5, Etc Are Cast 3 Piece, I Think From A Quality And Respect Perspective, Maya And Work Are Focused On Style And Performance.

Without A Forged 3-piece, None I Can Think Of, I'm Not Sure We Can Say Racing Hart Is Completely Geared Towards Performance. They Do Have A Forged Wheel But It Was One Piece I Believe, The Cp8 Or Something Like That...plus None Of The Race Car Series Really Run With Racing Harts, Mostly Oz, Volks, Ssr, Bbs, And Hre For Euros...
Maya, Work and Lowenhart wheels have cast centers and forged barrels. SOme Works are forged but most are high quality cast. Racinghart is produced by the same company that makes Maya, Work and Lowenhart.

Racinghart is a good quality cast multi-piece wheel, no debate can change that. If you want, I can tell you more about the casting process they use. There are a few but the one RH uses is right below forging.

BUT, believe what you want.

I have said many times on this site that I refuse to ever again spend more than 3K for wheels. I accomplished that and got some decent wheels in the process.

Last edited by Ice350; 06-07-07 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-07-07, 10:13 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Totally O/T but isn't it tiring to capitalize every single letter?!
Old 06-07-07, 10:14 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by wringo
Sometimes change is good ,Reg! I like the new wheels, but sad to see you leave the Maya family!
Hey Darrell, you know how it goes. I might see a super deal on some Maya's and pull the trigger. I'd buy yours if you're thinking of selling one day. Besides, Racingharts are in the Maya family. Both produced bu the same company and distributed by Dazz. I'm still in the family, I just got the little brother.

I would have put my GR5's on the car but it takes 1 1/2 months for reconditioning.
Old 06-07-07, 10:32 AM
HKN
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep i completely agree with the claims from reg. and know of the cast/forged components...i knew that maya, rh, and lowenhart were distributed by dazz but wasnt sure that they were manufactured by the same company...i know that there's only like a couple of company that provide all the forged component to companies like iforged, hre, avus, etc...so technically all of them too are the same. the only thing that keeps hre from copying autocouture or vice versa is the patents on the design....

again i like RH...especially the old C5's...not that i'm bias since i owned a set, hahaha.

bottom line, reg got some nice wheels...but wouldn't had been my first choice that's all probably since i'm use to seeing 3gs's with certain types of wheels =P

can't wait to see them in pics bro...
Old 06-07-07, 11:41 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Now I'm Pissed!
Stupid guy where I ordered the springs screwed up the thing. I wanted the springs today...it's been two weeks. I asked them to overnite them but still won't get here in time. The shop I use is closed on Saturdays and I'm out of town next week.

I've never had patience with my toys but I guess it's time I learn.
Old 06-07-07, 11:59 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Just makes you want it even more
Old 06-07-07, 01:04 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by reggiek
Maya, Work and Lowenhart wheels have cast centers and forged barrels. SOme Works are forged but most are high quality cast. Racinghart is produced by the same company that makes Maya, Work and Lowenhart.

Racinghart is a good quality cast multi-piece wheel, no debate can change that. If you want, I can tell you more about the casting process they use. There are a few but the one RH uses is right below forging.

BUT, believe what you want.

I have said many times on this site that I refuse to ever again spend more than 3K for wheels. I accomplished that and got some decent wheels in the process.
Call me obsessed but I hate giving information without making sure I'm correct. I'm a straight guy, no fake.

I called Dazz, I was not quite correct in what I said previously. Maya and Work are made by one company. Lowenhart and Racinghart are made by another company and the casting process is the same. So all using the best casting process making them virtually the same quality.
Old 06-07-07, 02:25 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

hahahaha....still good wheels bro, hahaha, waiting for the pics...
Old 06-07-07, 02:42 PM
lexneffect
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HKN
Different Is Cool...i Tried That Many Times...

However, I Don't Think I Would Put Maya And Work In With Racing Hart...dont Get Me Wrong I Love Racing Hart And Had Own Sets But The Fact Maya And Work Have Completely Different Styles And Also Come Forged For Their 3-piece Wheels While Racing Hart Such As The C5, C5, M5, Etc Are Cast 3 Piece, I Think From A Quality And Respect Perspective, Maya And Work Are Focused On Style And Performance.

Without A Forged 3-piece, None I Can Think Of, I'm Not Sure We Can Say Racing Hart Is Completely Geared Towards Performance. They Do Have A Forged Wheel But It Was One Piece I Believe, The Cp8 Or Something Like That...plus None Of The Race Car Series Really Run With Racing Harts, Mostly Oz, Volks, Ssr, Bbs, And Hre For Euros...
I totally agree with you on this. I've had Racing Harts, Mayas, and currently Work wheels and can tell you from experience that Racing Harts are nice wheels but should not be categorized as the same class as the others mentioned.

Curtis
Old 06-07-07, 02:58 PM
CONCEPTS 2
Driver School Candidate

Default Ballllinn

Ballllllin
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
22'SSS.bmp (38.7 KB, 275 views)
Old 06-07-07, 03:01 PM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

Reg - super rims man..... I can't wait to see the pics... smokin!!
Old 06-08-07, 10:42 AM
HKN
Lead Lap

stop derailing reg's thread bro...if you want to show your ride, start your own thread...show some respect...

BTW,
Originally Posted by CONCEPTS 2
Ballllllin
really?....are you sure?....big bo-bo wheels don't really count as "ballin" these days and defintiely not on a lexus...
Old 06-08-07, 11:17 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

^^^ totally agree.
Old 06-08-07, 11:27 AM
HKN
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Yang1815
^^^ totally agree.
haha...great minds think alike, ahahah,