GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Glacier Frost Mica? Too Girly? Too Flashy? Perfect?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-06, 08:19 PM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

GFM is ne of the best colors I have ever seen on a new vehicle. I was driving behind a IS sportin GFM and couldnt take my eyes off of it. A couple months back I started a thread entitled "Glacier Frost Mica is TOP TOP TOP". A lot of people agreed. Its got an amazing lazer blue effect in the light. Expecially under artifical lights and during dusk hours. You really can't go wrong with the color. Silver is so played out in my book.
Old 09-13-06, 08:56 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Your salesman is sick in the head!! That color is one of the best factory colors out. Its different. Its not a plain ordinary color like a silver or white.
Old 09-13-06, 10:35 PM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can also think of it this way.. when a cop is chasing you (with you driving a GFM lexus), they'll have a hard time describing what color it is over the radio.
Old 09-14-06, 12:19 AM
flyfl1pguy

I say get GFM. I have IS250 GFM and its a very nice color. I get more compliments on the color of the car rather than the vehicle. Im in the market for GFM GS right now. Hopefully I can find a good deal here in So. Cal. You should see Dave's car in the sun. . Very nice! !
Old 09-14-06, 06:45 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

We need more pics of GFM in the sun and at night. People dont realize how nice this color is. THose that have this color please post pics.
Old 09-14-06, 09:35 AM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Badman Forever
you can also think of it this way.. when a cop is chasing you (with you driving a GFM lexus), they'll have a hard time describing what color it is over the radio.
HAHA!! That's too funny... Whenever I valet (don't even start on valet-ing) the car, I like to look at the ticket to see what color they wrote. It's pretty mixed in white/silver/grey.....

Now... if they only made a "Volcanic Frost" color with a red pearl instead... now THAT would be crazy....
Old 09-14-06, 10:42 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eternity3G
HAHA!! That's too funny... Whenever I valet (don't even start on valet-ing) the car, I like to look at the ticket to see what color they wrote. It's pretty mixed in white/silver/grey.....

Now... if they only made a "Volcanic Frost" color with a red pearl instead... now THAT would be crazy....
How can it be "Volcanic Frost"? lol Talk about contradiction.

hehehehe
Old 09-14-06, 12:26 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pocky
How can it be "Volcanic Frost"? lol Talk about contradiction.

hehehehe
FRAKKIN EH!!!! "Volcanic Ash" ok!?!?! jeez...... gonna kick your a$$ Ray...
Old 09-14-06, 12:51 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eternity3G
FRAKKIN EH!!!! "Volcanic Ash" ok!?!?! jeez...... gonna kick your a$$ Ray...
bwahahaahahahahaha!!!
Old 09-14-06, 04:52 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Like the other GFM owners here, I get all the attention I ever wanted driving this color car around town. Everyone who I have ever given a ride to or has walked past my car makes a comment about how cool they think the color is...
Originally Posted by beachfront
I went by Tustin to see it at night and the guy told me my wife will love it because it is a "chick color". That did not help my decision...
Your salesman is just trying (unsuccessfully) to tell you things that will make you buy a car. Try to ignore most of what he says.
If you talk to 10 dealers, 5 will say dont buy it and 5 will say its their top seller (even though around 5% come in this paint color)
If you talk to 10 dealers, 10 will lie to you... So again, take what they say and throw it out with the garbage.
I am torn between this color and the silver ...
I don't know if Mercury Metallic is anything like the Tungsten Pearl that the IS comes in, but if it is then I have to say that I find that the silver Lexus makes is quite boring. Most of my other cars have been silver, and they all had some metallic flake to it, but Lexus' Tungsten Pearl is just FLAT. I hope Mercury Metallic is not as flat of a color. GFM will make you a lot more unique, unless you live in Hawaii, where Lexus sent like half of the GFM cars!

Javier
Old 09-14-06, 04:55 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Check out how the sun and the shade work together to change the color...

Old 09-14-06, 05:19 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Check out how the sun and the shade work together to change the color...

Nice shot show the versatility of the color scheme... I must agree though, I get numerous compliments from young and old alike...
Old 09-14-06, 11:49 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another sparkle angle. we also get a ton of comments on how unique it is. at first, my husband didn't like my choice of color (i ordered it for him), but after getting many many stares and thumbs up from normal dudes (young/old, businesslike/surfer types), he started to admit i was right all along (that'll teach him to argue w/ the wife!! LOL )

Old 09-15-06, 05:14 PM
RJD
Driver School Candidate

I have GFM - gets a lot of attention. My wife drove it to work one day and as she was leaving found 2 engineers looking it over, seemingly fascinated by the color and trying to figure out the paint composition...
Old 09-15-06, 11:03 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i thought glacier frost was called parchment ?? please clarify any parchment pics to tell a difference

Quick Reply: Glacier Frost Mica? Too Girly? Too Flashy? Perfect?