GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Does anyone have pics of a 06 and up VIP GS? (not safe for 56K'ers)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-06, 09:02 PM
VIP12
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have pics of a 06 and up VIP GS? (not safe for 56K'ers)

I am going to be buying an 06 or 07 GS but I want to go like a VIP style look does anyone have any pictures of their VIP GS please post your pics.

Thank You
Old 06-21-06, 09:06 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After looking at your username, your signature, and the topic of this thread I'd say you're a little obsessed with your car looking "VIP".

What does that mean anyway - big wheels and dark tint so people will think it's a rapper inside or something?
Old 06-21-06, 10:28 AM
knicker
Pole Position

Default VIP look?????

Originally Posted by VIP12
I am going to be buying an 06 or 07 GS but I want to go like a VIP style look does anyone have any pictures of their VIP GS please post your pics.

Thank You
What exactly does a VIP look , look like? If you are looking for a car with big wheels and dark tint let me know because thats how I roll......and as for the rapper comment....not everyone who likes big wheels is a rapper....come on now
Old 06-21-06, 10:33 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by knicker
What exactly does a VIP look , look like? If you are looking for a car with big wheels and dark tint let me know because thats how I roll......and as for the rapper comment....not everyone who likes big wheels is a rapper....come on now
Nor did I say everyone who likes big wheels is a rapper - it's just a common association. Dark tint + wheels = "rapper style" - so is the phrase "that's how a roll", while we're at it.

Heck, not everyone that drives a VIP looking car is actually a VIP, either.
Old 06-21-06, 10:41 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,143 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Threxx VIP and "Dub" (most likely what you think of as rapper related) styles are pretty different.

Here are a couple of decent threads about VIP

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157010
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=166561

Dub style is more about the bling. Biggest rims, lots of ICE, etc

Granted there are a lot of cars that blur the line in my mind (like the 3rd gen GS I posted that is traveling with the DUB show... it's a big body car with Air Runner but has Dub Style 22s

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=dub+show

I think with the exception of the wheel and tire choice, this might be a nice VIP ride. Put some extreme fittment Scaras on and it'd be a different car

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-21-06 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-21-06, 10:50 AM
knicker
Pole Position

[QUOTE=Threxx]Nor did I say everyone who likes big wheels is a rapper - it's just a common association. Dark tint + wheels = "rapper style" - so is the phrase "that's how a roll", while we're at it.

Heck, not everyone that drives a VIP looking car is actually a VIP, either.[/QUOTE

I agree that the big wheel and dark tint is a rapper style but its all in the eye of the beholder my man. And while we were at it I wish I was a rapper cause I would have to sit at this damn desk all day long
Old 06-21-06, 10:52 AM
knicker
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Threxx VIP and "Dub" (most likely what you think of as rapper related) styles are pretty different.

Here are a couple of decent threads about VIP

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157010
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=166561

Dub style is more about the bling. Biggest rims, lots of ICE, etc

Granted there are a lot of cars that blur the line in my mind (like the 3rd gen GS I posted that is traveling with the DUB show... it's a big body car with Air Runner but has Dub Style 22s

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=dub+show

I think with the exception of the wheel and tire choice, this might be a nice VIP ride. Put some extreme fittment Scaras on and it'd be a different car
so VIP and dub stlye differ? Im so confused
Old 06-21-06, 10:54 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by knicker
so VIP and dub stlye differ? Im so confused
Yes, they are absolutely different.

VIP style is evolving as well. Some of the stuff described in that first link (giant exhaust, widebody) is falling out of favor for more conservative approaches.

I'll let some of the experts who know this stuff far better than I do chip in here
Old 06-21-06, 12:29 PM
knicker
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Yes, they are absolutely different.

VIP style is evolving as well. Some of the stuff described in that first link (giant exhaust, widebody) is falling out of favor for more conservative approaches.

I'll let some of the experts who know this stuff far better than I do chip in here
Good deal man thanks
Old 06-21-06, 12:56 PM
VIP12
Driver

For the person that posted the pics of the graphite gray GS 430 is what I was looking for. Thank you very much.
Old 06-21-06, 01:09 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx

What does that mean anyway - big wheels and dark tint so people will think it's a rapper inside or something?
I think you're talking about DUB style.

VIP is a totally different than what you're talking about. I think you may need to research a little bit more before misinforming others.
Old 06-21-06, 02:09 PM
knicker
Pole Position

Default this is a dub style car

this is a dub style care.
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone have pics of a 06 and up VIP GS? (not safe for 56K'ers)-car2.jpg  
Old 06-21-06, 02:31 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

As is the other 3GS at the Dub show from the link above.

Old 06-21-06, 03:27 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
VIP is a totally different than what you're talking about. I think you may need to research a little bit more before misinforming others.
Asking a question is not a process of 'informing'. They are in fact two very different things.

I think you may be a bit offended at the fact that I find VIP to be a funny way to describe a car when it's a term by default meant to describe a PERSON.

PS- Is there an echo in here?
Old 06-21-06, 03:41 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I was just thinking about this... I haven't really seen and third-gen GSs done VIP. There are probably a few in Japan, but I haven't seen one that I would classify VIP here in the US.

I boil it down to this:

DUB style: characterized by big chrome one-piece wheels (usually the same size at all four corners), mesh, billet, or 'strut' type grills, dark tint, sometimes lowered a little but mostly not lowered at all. I would classify it as a "Bling" or "rap star" look.

VIP style: traditionally have handsome body kits (not "Aggressor" or "Big Mouth" style ), low-profile deck spoilers, wide multi-piece wheels (wider at the rear and not larger than 20" diameter) with aggressive offsets & stretched tires, slammed suspensions (usually Air), light tint (the trend seems to be going toward light blue or green tint, or even no tint at all), and aggressive exhaust . VIP guys are not afraid to pull/stretch/cut their fenders for tire clearance, as the look revolves around wheel fitment.

I found this clean 2GS that represents VIP style pretty well. Notice the aggressive wheel fitment, clean body kit, and slammed stance. I'd love to see a 'true' VIP-style 3GS
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone have pics of a 06 and up VIP GS? (not safe for 56K'ers)-gsvip.jpg  

Quick Reply: Does anyone have pics of a 06 and up VIP GS? (not safe for 56K'ers)