GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tire Pressure Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-05, 10:14 PM
akim47
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Pressure Sensors

My wheels are finally in, and I would like to put the tires on. However, I still don't know what to do about the tire pressure sensors.

1. I have heard that the dealership should move the tire pressure sensors and to not trust tire/ wheel shops.

2. If that is the case I don't trust the dealership mounting and balancing the tires on my new rims.

So what do I do? Put my car on jack stands, take the stock wheels to the dealership, have them take off the tires, transfer the pressure sensors, and then take the new rims to the shop to have them install the tires?

Should I just buy new sensors?

I have seen several people with aftermarket wheels on the board, and was just wondering how you guys did it.

Thanks.
Old 08-19-05, 11:54 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by akim47
My wheels are finally in, and I would like to put the tires on. However, I still don't know what to do about the tire pressure sensors.

1. I have heard that the dealership should move the tire pressure sensors and to not trust tire/ wheel shops.

2. If that is the case I don't trust the dealership mounting and balancing the tires on my new rims.

So what do I do? Put my car on jack stands, take the stock wheels to the dealership, have them take off the tires, transfer the pressure sensors, and then take the new rims to the shop to have them install the tires?

I have seen several people with aftermarket wheels on the board, and was just wondering how you guys did it.

Thanks.
as long as the person who is removing and installing the tires knows what they are doing. it should be fine. if a tire shop or dealership breaks the sensor they have to pay for it to be replaced. if i were u go to the dealership. depending on what kind of tires u have they could charge u 2-4 hours. runflats typicly 4 hours 2 for non run flat. just make sure u reuse the tire sensors
Old 08-20-05, 05:24 PM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks.
Big O Tires swapped mine, no problem, they know aboout sensors and can swap them out, you will have to do the sensor reset thing afterwards as the warning light will come on
Old 08-21-05, 10:09 PM
akim47
Driver

thanks a lot. ill give it a shot tomorrow...

if i wanted to keep my stocks with the sensors inside, how much do u think it will be to buy extra sensors?

ak
Old 08-21-05, 10:41 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 203 Likes on 135 Posts

thanks a lot. ill give it a shot tomorrow...

if i wanted to keep my stocks with the sensors inside, how much do u think it will be to buy extra sensors?
If you ask the dealers for the price of extra sensors, you'll likely be shocked by how expensive they are. It should be a lot cheaper to just transfer them to the new rims. A good tire/wheel shop should have no problem doing that. I have had no problems in transfering the pressure sensors for both my cars by the wheel shop.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 08-21-05 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-21-05, 10:47 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

i believe they're in the neighborhood of $150 each...I got a good connection and am able to get them for $80 a piece for my wheels when they come!!!