GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

3gs 2006+ Gs 300/350/430/460/450h Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-19, 10:12 AM
Autrey
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently purchased a 2006 GS300. It is beautiful, one owner, non-smoking, black inside and out, all service records, 104,000 miles. I love it.
However; it is the newest car I have ever owned and I was not prepared for all high tech, complicated everything. I had never heard of a "direct injection" engine and the accompanying problems, let alone lifetime transmission fluid in sealed transmissions and the complicated process for changing suspension struts. Needless to say, I am looking forward to this forum.
Old 01-15-19, 04:14 PM
JustWellsy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. 2006 GS 430
2. RWD
3. Silver
4. 18" stock alloy wheels
5. No spoiler
6. Black interior
7.Very excited to own my first Lexus. Very "stock" model so I'm looking to make some nice upgrades. Glad to see the amount of knowledge in this forum is beyond solid!

The below pics were taken the day I bought the car. Needs some tint on the windows straight away and then will chip away at it from there.

Old 01-15-19, 06:24 PM
Autrey
Driver School Candidate

pretty car
Old 01-15-19, 07:19 PM
lectric74
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

1. 2008 GS 350
2. AWD
3. Graphite
4. Black interior
5. Happy I finally found one for a good price
Old 02-13-19, 05:38 PM
VTCent
Driver School Candidate

1. 2010 Lexus GS460
2. RWD
3. Mica Gray
4. 18s on OEM wheels (5 spoke)
5. it's got a little lip so maybe?
6. Black
7. First time Lexus owner
9. Representing Toronto!
10. The exterior honestly needs some love so I'll look into getting a a good detail once the snow stops.

Old 02-21-19, 08:52 AM
kaban1993
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello, hello Everybody,
Snagged this guy in September with 80K miles. Got an absolute STEAL on it. Really happy that it is AWD since Im in the midwest.

1. 2010 Lexus GS350
2.AWD. Why is the RWD have a better stance? Any luck with RCA blocks to improve the stance?
3.Red
4. Stock 17's. i like the stock 18's so much better.
5. Spoiler
6. Tan - Black looks so much better but beggers can't be choosers
7. Tinted the windows and installed PolarG M-4 parking lights (Looks so much better)
PICS

7. SC300 owner as well (Also Red on Tan lol )

-Kaban1993
Old 02-22-19, 05:18 PM
azatian
Driver School Candidate

Post Introduction

Hello all, although I am anxious to introduce myself and get to know you all and learn more about the Brand and its uniqueness Lexus, I have to keep it as short as possible. To begin I also want to mention that I have been an IT professional for over 20 years now; and I have assembled forums from scratch. you have to understand it has literally tired me out; hence why I have retired. So, my name is Aaron and I own a 2006 GS 300, I love my car, its sporty, its fast, slick, sexy, and f*ken awesome. If anyone has any technical questions I can advice, guide, and assist you; in exchange I'll need the same type of treatment when it come to understanding and learning the vehicle. My friend and college also owns a 2013 ES 350. We are totally into our cars and want to make them even better and more pleasing to drive. Thank you.
The following users liked this post:
Ifoundone (02-23-19)
Old 02-23-19, 06:54 AM
Ifoundone
Driver School Candidate

Default Finally found one!

What's up everybody. I realize this thread is quite old but I'm happy to jump on here and share what I just bought. This car has been on my list for some time and it's so awesome to have finally found one in good condition and well maintained. That V8 is sweetness.

1. 2006 GS430
2. RWD
3. White
4. 18s 5 spoke alloy
5. No spoiler
6. Khaki
7. I found it about 3 weeks ago. 85,000 miles. Almost a one owner car. The 2nd owner had it for 1 year and purchased it from the original owner who took very good care of it. Garage kept and service at a Lexus dealership. It seems to have most of the bells and whistles. Not too many things are wrong with it but there are a few which I'm working on. My goal is to get it back to showroom condition. The rear Mark Levinson woofer is completely blown, The seats either need to be cleaned a little of perhaps dyed but overall in great condition. One small tear in rear seat. Just had the front brakes and rotors replaced. Currently sitting at the Lexus dealership while one of the tire sensors is replaced...that darn Check System light is annoying....and Lexus is mighty proud of these tire sensors, but whatev. The rear window curtain doesn't work. I can hear a clicking sound when I press the button but no curtain movement. Maybe someone can shine some light on that for me. The lens over the headlights and the front Lexus emblem are faded and it's killing me. I believe the adaptive cruise control radar may be behing the emblem because it's a little different than other models. Anyone have good luck having their lights buffed and cleared? I can't stand the faded look. Plus, my headlights aren't as bright. What else....oh, the rear trunk lid is heavy as hell when I try to open it. The actuator's ( i guess that's what they're called) must be completely shot. This trunk should be much easier to open and close. Maybe the tie rod is making a little noise in the front end?? It seems to make a little more noise when I hit a bump that I figure a Lexus should. I know it's an 06 and parts wear and deteriorate over time. Let me know if you've had this issue. Other than that she's a beautiful beast. I almost pulled the trigger on a new model but there's something about the V8. I've also had a pic of one on my wall since I was a kid.....well worth the wait. Sick car.
8. I'll get some up here asap
9. Raleigh, NC
10. On the way
Old 02-25-19, 10:05 AM
goforit5
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know if I need to have a certain amount of posts before I can list my car for sale in the marketplace threads? Thanks for your help!

1. Model 430
2. RWD
3. Black exterior
4. 18" Wheels
5. Spoiler (I think)
6. Black interior
7. Bought in 2009 from private party and I've put 150K miles on it commuting. Such a great car. It's a 2006.
8. Orange County, CA

Old 02-25-19, 06:13 PM
tghw
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by goforit5
Does anyone know if I need to have a certain amount of posts before I can list my car for sale in the marketplace threads? Thanks for your help!

FORUM RULES:
Creation of threads in our Classified forums is restricted to our active forum members only. This means members must contribute to the discussion forum for a minimum of 30 days AND 30 posts before they can post any items for sale, for trade or want-to-buy. They can respond to existing threads to ask questions and purchase items from qualified members. This rule is due to a significant increase of zero-history members posting high dollar items for sale without vouches.
Old 03-13-19, 03:29 PM
Alldatjazz
Driver School Candidate

Default '07 gs450H

Here's my recently purchased:
07 Gs450h
Flint Mica
Black interior
82K miles
35% tints

Old 03-21-19, 10:31 AM
G20sleeper
Driver School Candidate

Been lurkin'......

1. GS300
2. AWD
3. Blue
4. 19" g35 rays
5. Spoiler
6. Tan

This car was my father's (in-law, but more a real father) car that he bought new in 2006. I have done all the maintenance and detailing since new. He passed away about a year ago and left the car to me. I was super emotional about it, and plan to keep it forever. I've been refreshing the car as i drive a little over 55k a year. Just did bc coilovers, ebc red stuff pads with new ebc blanks, new wheel bearings all around, front adjustable uca's, bunch of bushings, ngk iridium plugs. Has a custom exhaust after the headers, sounds good. It's my daily driver. Just about to roll over 173k and she still puts a smile on my face. Eventually it'll be swapped with a 2j or turbo ls and a manual transmission. Next thing on the list is making all the chrome gloss black and window tint. Thanks for reading!

The following users liked this post:
robloc93 (06-08-19)
Old 03-21-19, 02:59 PM
potatomon
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Looks slick doesn't it vibrate when lowered? Wheels not bad I might get. The swap idea sounds interesting, do you have experience building cars?
Old 04-22-19, 12:28 PM
Lexus Boy
Lead Lap

Have a 2006 Lexus GS 430 not new to CL have had the car for over a year don’t little things here an there JDM visors, Vossen CVT 20x9 front 20x10.5 rear, custom sub box for 2 JL 10s with a JL 500/1 considering a 300/4 for the mids an highs, tinted the fog lights yellow, getting ready to paint the calipers teal anyways here she is

Old 04-29-19, 05:19 AM
Hugh9591
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Just got a 2008 GS-350 AWD with just under 66K miles

My wife and I just bought this on Wednesday. In answer to the roll call:

1. Model: GS-350
2. AWD
3. Black Sapphire Pearl
4. 17" wheels with new tires (really need to go out and see what kind)
5. Spoiler (if that little thing really counts as one)
6. Interior color: ivory
7. Anything I want to mention...see below
8. Pics...see below (you asked for them so I gave them to you)
9. Ohio, USA
10. Post pics...again, see below

We took it for a test drive a week ago and my wife loved it. The only other cars she really liked were a 2005 Audi A8 4.8L (what a lovely car to drive...but the cost of maintaining it...) and the 2015 Genesis AWD (for 2017 and later years it is the G80). We decided to go with the GS-350 because it was almost as nice as the Genesis but was significantly less expensive. Add to that, the Toyota/Lexus reputation for reliability.

I prefer to have cars with AWD. I've had a 1982 Subaru AWD Wagon, a 1988 Toyota Camry LE AllTrac (the only LE trim Toyota that still had a manual transmission), and a 1999 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro with the Sport Package. I loved that Audi...the manual transmission was a dream. I had to sell it when I took a job in the US Virgin Islands for a few years; it would have been a blast to drive it on the St. Thomas roads, but with just 4.2" of ground clearance it would have had problems and there were no VW/Audi mechanics down there. I ended up selling it to a friend (who loves it and won't sell it back to me).

My mechanic gave the GS-350 a clean bill of health; said it was in excellent condition. The car has a few minor bugs. The biggest one is that the inside auto-dimming rear-view mirror is dull and streaked. I see that this can be repaired or replaced rather easily. The next biggest problem is that the light for the passenger side visor/vanity mirror does not come on. The mats are a bit worn and dirty and the outer surface of the driver's side seat looks a little worn. It looks great. Now if only the trees would stop shedding pollen all over it. I miss having a garage.

We need to get another key-fob; it only came with one (and my mechanic assured me that it is the only fob programmed for the car). We will eventually get new mats; the current set is rather worn. Getting the auto-dimming interior rear view mirror fixed is probably the top priority, then the passenger vanity light. I am taking the car in tomorrow to a local Lexus dealer for a recall repair; they are giving me a loaner for the day...how nice.

Here are some beauty shots that the dealer posted online (there are 26 of them):

Quick Reply: 3gs 2006+ Gs 300/350/430/460/450h Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!!