GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

International GS: Canada Prices, GS350

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-05, 11:24 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2006 Lexus Western Area Production Build

Originally Posted by rominl
well i am going to do some very non-scientific analysis here. base o the ifo from another thread, the base ls430 here in the US is about 55k, whereas it is about 85k in canada. the new gs430 is going to be 88k canadian, and here you price the 300awd as 67k

now using the ratio between the canadian and us price, then the new gs430 is going to be about 57k and the gs300awd is about 43k (and your fully loaded one would be about 50k)
Yes, that is more accurate, thank you Rominl.

Also, the 2006 GS300 is a 30% production build AWD and a 70% production build RWD. The RWD should be close to the MSRP we had in 2005 and the AWD should be about $2200 more.
The "Premium Package" car will come with more standard features. Including but not limited to: power rear sunshade, park assist, ventilated seats, sonar park assist, and "17 wheels.
(Lexus has NOT confirmed if AWD will be 100% Navi/Levi.)

Within the RWD, 30% will be "Premium Package" and 70% "Navi/Levi".

The GS430 will be all fully loaded (like last year) with "18 wheels this time.

Longo Lexus will have some GS's in our computer probably around beginning/mid February as they are coming over on the boats.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 01-19-05 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-19-05, 02:43 PM
saabfan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Longo Lexus
The "Premium Package" car will come with more standard features. Including but not limited to: power rear sunshade, park assist, ventilated seats, sonar park assist, and "17 wheels.
What's the difference b/n park assist and sonar park assist? By park assist do you mean the camera and sonar the standard 'old-fashioned' park assist?

Also, will the GS have front park assist like the LS?

Thanks.
Old 01-19-05, 03:20 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saabfan
What's the difference b/n park assist and sonar park assist? By park assist do you mean the camera and sonar the standard 'old-fashioned' park assist?

Thanks.
According to the pics, it will have both the rear camera like what is found on the current models ALSO WITH the sonar one like the LS.

I know this because I saw a pic here on the forum that showed both the camera and the "blemishes" that the sonar-system needs to work on the same car in the same picture.

If anyone knows where that pic went....
Old 01-19-05, 03:39 PM
saabfan
Driver School Candidate

Here's the front, which some have said has the sensors for the PCS and not park assist, and here's the back where you can see the camera and the sensors.
Old 01-19-05, 07:04 PM
marcpitch
Driver

[QUOTE=Longo Lexus]Yes, that is more accurate, thank you Rominl.

Does this basically mean that there will be no real options with the 2006 GS430? Only choices to make are exterior and interior colors? To me, this is good and bad. Bad, because one would probably pay for an option or two that one did not want or need. Good, because finding the right car will only involve two variable, exterior and interior colors.
Old 01-19-05, 08:12 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

[QUOTE=marcpitch]

Does this basically mean that there will be no real options with the 2006 GS430? Only choices to make are exterior and interior colors? To me, this is good and bad. Bad, because one would probably pay for an option or two that one did not want or need. Good, because finding the right car will only involve two variable, exterior and interior colors.
Not necessarily, of course you will have the choice to order what you want at the expense of time to order and it's availability. Dealerships are allocated models that are most popular for your region. A good example would be an RX330. Here in SoCal, the RX330 w/Premium Plus Package is more readily available than those base models with the 17" rims, no wood trim and no power tailgate.
Old 01-19-05, 08:15 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Here's the front, which some have said has the sensors for the PCS and not park assist, and here's the back where you can see the camera and the sensors.
We've covered this in other threads, including the article:

https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...iew/2474/1/10/
Old 01-19-05, 10:14 PM
saabfan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flipside909
We've covered this in other threads, including the article:

https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...iew/2474/1/10/
Right, more pictures from a preview event, but, unless I am mistaken, no one in any of the threads on this board (nor in the article for which you provided a link) can say for certain whether the new GS will have park assist for the front of the vehicle. I am assuming and hoping it will (is that an indication of my driving skills? ), but some have speculated that the sensors on the front of the vehicle are for the PCS system and NOT park assist. Time will tell.
Old 01-19-05, 10:41 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

The Pre-Collision System has bumper sensors for front and rear...a sonar system that is new to Lexus.

Last edited by flipside909; 01-23-05 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-19-05, 10:44 PM
saabfan
Driver School Candidate

Many thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to know.
Old 01-20-05, 12:24 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Also, the 2006 GS300 is a 30% production build AWD and a 70% production build RWD. The RWD should be close to the MSRP we had in 2005 and the AWD should be about $2200 more.
(Lexus has NOT confirmed if AWD will be 100% Navi/Levi.)

Within the RWD, 30% will be "Premium Package" and 70% "Navi/Levi".

Longo Lexus will have some GS's in our computer probably around beginning/mid February as they are coming over on the boats.
just trying to do my part so from what you are saying, lexus is really trynig to push hard and make nav a very common setup for the car huh? that's very good imho, though it's kinda sad coz' i don't have nav on my gs4
Old 01-23-05, 10:24 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Thanks.
The 2006 GS is going to have the latest in park assist technology. Those are the sensors that go alll the way around the bumpers. The current LS model has park assist already so it will be similar to that. Also, the LS has a Pre-Collision System, which is only available on the top 2 packages. The GS is supposed to have that option available also. However, I do not know yet what the production will be on that and if it will be on both GS models. It only works if you are using your radar cruise control with your seatbelt on.
*If you are on a waiting list, then I strongly urge you to stay in contact with your local dealer as US packages seem to differ from region to region.*
Old 01-23-05, 11:58 AM
saabfan
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your reply, Longo.
Old 02-06-05, 07:11 AM
HemantS
Driver

the issue in Canada is that car prices haven't kept pace with the strengthening Cdn dollar

The ratio of CAD/USD prices is still around 1.45 whereas the $C is now at 1.22

It may take a year before this corrects itself because car companies pre-hedge their currency exposure.
Old 02-06-05, 07:51 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 203 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by HemantS
the issue in Canada is that car prices haven't kept pace with the strengthening Cdn dollar

The ratio of CAD/USD prices is still around 1.45 whereas the $C is now at 1.22

It may take a year before this corrects itself because car companies pre-hedge their currency exposure.
It doesn't necessarily works this way with currencies fluctuations. BOTH the Yen & the Canadian$ have risen dramatically against the US$ in the past 2+years, there's little reason for the Japanese manufacturers to adjust the Canadian price of cars to be in line with US prices.
The just have to hedge against the weakening of the US$ to protect the repatrioted profits from the US market the best they can.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 02-06-05 at 07:57 AM.

Quick Reply: International GS: Canada Prices, GS350