GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Champagne/Gold GS, Please Post Pictures! (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-03, 04:34 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by cyclemax
Here's a nicely done euro style burnished gold GS.
Not only is it euro style, it is actually euro.

Looks like TTE touches, non-US side markers, headlight washers, and RHD. Nice.
Old 10-01-03, 05:28 PM
CaMsGS3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a Pic of my old GS w /19's (not lowered in this pic)
Its was a 98
Attached Thumbnails Champagne/Gold GS, Please Post Pictures!  (merged threads)-5548gs1-medium-.jpg  
Old 10-01-03, 05:52 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks CL,

That's what I'm looking for Keep 'em coming.

CaMsGS3: Anymore photos? Very nice.
Old 10-02-03, 11:45 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

then theres always me. this is a current photo of my car
Attached Thumbnails Champagne/Gold GS, Please Post Pictures!  (merged threads)-home.jpg  
Old 10-02-03, 11:50 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

and yet another
Attached Thumbnails Champagne/Gold GS, Please Post Pictures!  (merged threads)-home2.jpg  
Old 10-02-03, 11:50 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

one more
Attached Thumbnails Champagne/Gold GS, Please Post Pictures!  (merged threads)-home3.jpg  
Old 10-03-03, 03:23 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

This color really looks nice when combined with chrome wheels, I like the way the clear headlight, clear marker and chrome, create a glassy appearance (YES i meant glassy)
Old 10-03-03, 08:04 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

u know when u really look at a gs almost every color is beautiful when u add some mods, show me a ugly STOCK color gs that can't b pretty when modded...so yes gold is rare but i was telling "D" b4 i might get another in that colr cus i had some ideas and that that color was rare so it would b unique. green is also rare but looks good when modded...its just the gs design that is perfect 2 mod....anyone know a STOCK color that can't look hot when modded right.....? show me...

Last edited by bluelex; 10-03-03 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-03-03, 08:35 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by bluelex
its just the gs design that is perfect 2 mod[/B]
That's true, I always thought green was a lame color, then fireballs posted his.....HOT. Then I thought gold was a old man color until GSTRANCE painted Syphers car gold in photoshop. The good thing about that is, its hard to shop for a used car based on color, since u may pass up on some good cars. When GS shoppin, u could realistically take ANY color and just start modding!

Haven't really seen one in that "funny" gold color that lit my fire
Old 10-03-03, 08:51 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
That's true, I always thought green was a lame color, then fireballs posted his.....HOT. Then I thought gold was a old man color until GSTRANCE painted Syphers car gold in photoshop. The good thing about that is, its hard to shop for a used car based on color, since u may pass up on some good cars. When GS shoppin, u could realistically take ANY color and just start modding!

Haven't really seen one in that "funny" gold color that lit my fire

o.k. "D" i read u'r post twice.. actually i read both of u'r post twice so thats 4 of the same

but "Ddoublepostergot20's" what gold r u talking about?
Old 10-03-03, 09:15 AM
aristo400
Rookie

Here's one of mine and a friend's 540.
Attached Thumbnails Champagne/Gold GS, Please Post Pictures!  (merged threads)-faceoff.jpg  
Old 10-03-03, 09:28 AM
aristo400
Rookie

These are MY opinion and may not reflect others.

1998 BMW 540 vs. Lexus GS400

Handling and road comfort.

I believe the BMW is more composed when traveling over uneven surfaces. The BMW has the sport package. The Lexus has lowering springs and front strut bar. If the Lexus were any more firmer (ie. bigger sway bars, shocks) the Lexus would feel much more rough. Both cars have 19” diameter rims and the Lexus has about ½” wider rims all the way around. We did not attempt to test the ultimate grip of each cars.

Braking

The BMW has better brake feel. It is not as mushy as the Lexus. The front brake rotors are also bigger and the rear is vented on the BMW. The magazines rate the Lexus requiring the one least distance from 60-0mph (even better then the 540). But after a few hard stops, usually the bigger brake rotor has less brake fade due to the heat capacity of the brake rotors.

Engine and acceleration

No direct comparison. The 540 is a 6 speed vs. the 5-speed automatic in the Lexus. Under straight-line acceleration, I believe both would be very close.

The Lexus is rated at 300hp and 300ft/lbs. of torque from a 4.0 liter engine and the BMW is rated at about 286hp? from a 4.4 liter engine. The Lexus is dynoed at 238hp at the rear wheels, which I think this is a little optimistic. The BMW should dyno near the same #’s. I find odd that the BMW does not have variable valve timing and the later models only have a few more hp with the variable valve timing.

Gas mileage is approx. the same. 25mpg highway and 19mpg city under STANDARD driving.

Amenities and Ergonomics

Draw. Each car has its advantages. The Lexus ca

me with HID headlights, heated seats and navigation. The BMW has motorized headrests, firmer seats and are more “bucket” feeling. Also the BMW has rear view mirror that automatically lower when in reverse. I’m sure the BMW could have the NAV, heated seats and HID at an extra cost.

Stereo system.

The Lexus has a better stereo system with 9 speakers vs. the 11 speakers on the BMW. The BMW has the upgraded stereo with the DSP. The Lexus (non Mark Levinson sp?) has more bass, mid bass and high end is clearer. The Lexus has upgraded Infinity door speakers. But even without the speaker upgrade, I believe the Lexus has a better sound.

I paid about $25k 2 years ago and he recently paid about $23.5k but with all the upgrades (HID etc) his cost is about the same now. I have a pre-owned warranty for up to 100k miles or 3 years. The BMW is pre-owned and does not have a warranty. After hearing some of the replacement prices for the BMW, it is not that bad. I think it compares similar to the Lexus.

Bottom line: Get a Lexus if you are weekend cruiser and a BMW if you want the sporty ride.
Attached Thumbnails Champagne/Gold GS, Please Post Pictures!  (merged threads)-faceoff-2.jpg  
Old 10-03-03, 11:21 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by bluelex
o.k. "D" i read u'r post twice.. actually i read both of u'r post twice so thats 4 of the same

but "Ddoublepostergot20's" what gold r u talking about?
Sorry, I was posting from my phone, and I lost service, but the post went through! I deleted the extra's

The GS color that I'm talking about is in this thread. Scroll down and its between Rom's car and RMMs car. It has TTE lip and TTE 18s. Its kinda like brownish/gold

Brownish Goldish GS
Old 10-03-03, 11:50 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Aristo400: That is soo nice...So clean, I'm definitely going to have to get some clear side markers. Did you replace them yourself? Once you bend that plastic in the wheelwell does it stay out of shape?

I'll go ahead and post a few photos of my car, keep in mind, I just got it last week so It's still stock. These are the photos from the dealer.....

Actually, you can see it on ebay..... I drove down there and bought it immediately when I saw this price and only 49K miles. I practically stole it!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2432383759
Old 10-03-03, 11:52 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

NoRyceGS4 : Are those 19's or 20's? Damn your car is CLEAN - is that also bronze tint?

Thanks again to everyone @ CL helping me get a feel for what my car will look like,. Everytime I try to photoshop some rims onto the car it looks cheezy...

Last edited by TwentyTen; 10-03-03 at 01:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Champagne/Gold GS, Please Post Pictures! (merged threads)