GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Cool "hidden" features about the GS that are not very known

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-08, 09:56 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

... but he did say close to flush though.... the 2gs washers we have are huge lumps of washers... which I don't have and what I actually prefer...
Old 02-08-08, 04:18 PM
eclipse604
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Solo_D33A
... but he did say close to flush though.... the 2gs washers we have are huge lumps of washers... which I don't have and what I actually prefer...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...23#post3254423
you can see the headlight washers in the pics
Old 02-11-08, 08:46 PM
3UZFTE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The thread is to long, and i tried search but did not find anything except people stating that the vehicle does this but... everyone knows thw windows roll down, but if you have access to a TIS scan tool you can customize settings like instead of the sunroof opening you can disable it, or make it tilt up as well *** ROLL the windows BACK UP. You can control the volume of the annoying "beep" that responds when you unlock or lock, as well as the hazards flash or don't flash, You can turn on/off keyless, tilt and tele entry and exit, auto-lamp sensitivity (i.e. off, lite1, lite2, normal, dark1, dark2) as well as how long your lights stay on after you lock your car (i.e. 0, 30s, 60s, 90s) entry illumination, trunk pop and how long you have to hold the button, control the AC sensetivity +/- 2 or 1 degrees, those are just to name a few... however they are some of the more important but i saved the best for last... you can also turn off the STUPID seatbelt warning reminder... ding... ding... ding... ding.... NO MORE!!!

01' GS430

Last edited by 3UZFTE; 02-12-08 at 08:07 AM. Reason: missing info
Old 03-10-08, 10:48 PM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Default settings

Is there by any chance a feature that will lock all the doors once you start driving, or unlock all the doors when you PARK and remove the key???
Old 03-11-08, 04:32 AM
G430
Driver

Default mann! i am too late

Originally Posted by shawn38
Adding one more. If your trying to get your freak and you dont want your running lights on just depress the emergency brake when you crank the car. Running lights will not come on until you release the emergancy brake. If your car is off and you need to push a button in the drop box just open the driver door. The buttons light up everytime you open the door even when the car is off.
mann.. i just discover about this when i was @ work last night.. i was so ready to post it on the forum and as i was reading thru the threads i find someone else knew it before me...hahah the funny thing was that i just found out about it .. all these times with the drls on esh.. ahha ppl kept on noticing ahahah
Old 03-11-08, 11:02 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Headlight Washers

I would love a DIY to add this to our American Models

Originally Posted by eclipse604
not true. its available on canadian models like mine
Old 03-11-08, 12:14 PM
Billh2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jamodeo
I would love a DIY to add this to our American Models
Yup! Available on cars sold in Canada only. They extend out to wash the headlights. Sorta neat, even if they are seldom used. If your car has headlight washers, it doesn't have the compass in the rear view mirror. I am adding the compass mirror shortly. Now if I could just figure out how to convert the climate control to F, I would be a happy man.
Old 03-11-08, 03:55 PM
3UZFTE

Originally Posted by Rockero28
Is there by any chance a feature that will lock all the doors once you start driving, or unlock all the doors when you PARK and remove the key???
Yes, in fact that is a programable feature. You can have the doors un/lock both when shifting to park, and out of park. I found my old set up annoying where i had to unlock the door with the button when i got out of the car.
Old 03-11-08, 04:01 PM
Billh2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 3UZFTE
Yes, in fact that is a programable feature. You can have the doors un/lock both when shifting to park, and out of park. I found my old set up annoying where i had to unlock the door with the button when i got out of the car.
There are so many features in the computer system that would be great to be able to change. Unfortuantely, only the Lexus dealers have the proper tool. You would think that someone would come up with a work around.
Old 03-11-08, 08:30 PM
3UZFTE

Nope, i work there, and it's called a techstream. Toyota's 3rd generation of a scan tool. Its basically a toughbook with the most advanced capabilities of a scan tool, its also a general OBD2 scan as well. If a tire pressure sensor monitor is broke, only toyota can replace it if they have the techstream because the car will not acknowledge the new sensor without it be programed and recognized into the computers ecu... don't you love technology?
Old 03-11-08, 08:37 PM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Default lock/unlock

Originally Posted by 3UZFTE

So who can do this?? The Lexus Techs?? Will they charge standard labor rates to change or add all these features??

Rock
Old 03-11-08, 08:44 PM
RX729
Pole Position

knowing the dealership they will charge normal hourly standard rates...
Old 03-13-08, 07:02 AM
Dakarf
Driver School Candidate

Default NEwby Question

Hello, Im a newby, and i have a 02 GS 300 Sports edition. I have read all the posts in here (and im thankful). I cant access the hidden radio features, no matter what i try, i have held all the buttons, etc... and all i get is the P190 code, unable to change it. Any suggestions... I will post pics of my whip soon.
Old 03-13-08, 10:50 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockero28
So who can do this?? The Lexus Techs?? Will they charge standard labor rates to change or add all these features??

Rock
If you're in socal near the 714 area, I can get it done for you for a 3rd of what Lexus charge for an hour worth of labor. My buddy has a techstream at his shop. I play with it all the time. It's a damn neat tool.
Old 03-13-08, 10:52 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Vic Nyce
who knows how to open the trunk w/o having the trunk light come on?
sometimes when i play with my RCs i like to leave the trunk open for hours at a time.
Once you open up your trunk, use your key or anything to push in the latch. Your car will think that the trunk is closed; therefore, the light will turn off. Just make sure you unlock it before you close the trunk or else you'll slam the latch onto the hinge.

Quick Reply: Cool "hidden" features about the GS that are not very known