GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS300 W58 Manual swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-18, 10:02 AM
Leja145
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default GS300 W58 Manual swap

I have a 99 gs that I will be manual swapping in the next couple months. I have mostly everything figured out. Crossmember, clutch pedal, shifter, all of that. I will be purchasing an A/T EMU from a company in russia called #all4swap. This will trick the ecu into thinking that the auto trans is still there. I have looked all over and cannot find a wiring diagram that shows pinouts to hook up the emulator. Does somebody by any chance know where I can find the wiring diagram?
Old 01-12-18, 01:24 AM
Luxurious
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

bump 4 local.
Old 04-17-18, 05:17 PM
aznguywu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leja145
I have a 99 gs that I will be manual swapping in the next couple months. I have mostly everything figured out. Crossmember, clutch pedal, shifter, all of that. I will be purchasing an A/T EMU from a company in russia called #all4swap. This will trick the ecu into thinking that the auto trans is still there. I have looked all over and cannot find a wiring diagram that shows pinouts to hook up the emulator. Does somebody by any chance know where I can find the wiring diagram?
has anyone got an update on this? im curious about swapping a w58 into my 99 gs300 as well. does anyone know if its even worth it? just to be able to slide and keep it na.
Old 04-17-18, 07:40 PM
Leja145
Driver

Originally Posted by aznguywu
has anyone got an update on this? im curious about swapping a w58 into my 99 gs300 as well. does anyone know if its even worth it? just to be able to slide and keep it na.
I am waiting on a few more parts and should be swapping it after that. I think it is definitely worth it but thats all up to you to decide.
Old 04-18-18, 07:23 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aznguywu
I too am planning on a manual tranny swap for my 2JZGTE. From what I understand, you have to go on Facebook, look for a smart Russian guy named Yuri who sells emulators for the stock ECUs with auto transmissions. The company name is ALL4SWAP. The emulators run about $100 shipped. You can PM AkumaUCF10 for wiring diagram info.
Old 04-18-18, 08:37 PM
gte
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

What are the details on the #all4swap ecu? Do you have a link?

Originally Posted by Leja145
Old 04-18-18, 08:57 PM
gte
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Is this it? For $50?

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
Old 05-11-18, 02:20 PM
Leja145
Driver

Originally Posted by gte
yes that is it
Old 05-16-19, 01:51 PM
staygreezy
Driver School Candidate

I just got my later model W58 bolted up to my 2000 GS, bleeding the clutch Friday and gonna give it a test run. The shifter is in the perfect location. The actual trans swap was easy took half a day and I did it alone. The clutch pedal was a different story that took about a week cause I refused to remove the dash and im a big guy. lol in the end it worked out perfectly.
Old 05-16-19, 02:46 PM
Leja145
Driver

Originally Posted by staygreezy
I just got my later model W58 bolted up to my 2000 GS, bleeding the clutch Friday and gonna give it a test run. The shifter is in the perfect location. The actual trans swap was easy took half a day and I did it alone. The clutch pedal was a different story that took about a week cause I refused to remove the dash and im a big guy. lol in the end it worked out perfectly.
Yeah the swap is pretty straightforward, clutch pedal was also the biggest pain for me as well lol.
Old 05-16-19, 04:23 PM
staygreezy
Driver School Candidate

lol im so happy I tackled the clutch first..cant wait to drive it!
Old 05-16-19, 06:29 PM
BruceGSgte
Driver School Candidate

Awesome! I haven't looked yet but is there a thread with a parts list for this swap? I may consider it down the road for my gte swapped GS300
Old 06-09-19, 08:14 PM
GsBadman
7th Gear

Let me ask you what did you do about the E-brake
Old 06-19-19, 04:38 PM
staygreezy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GsBadman
Let me ask you what did you do about the E-brake
I installed a is300 handbrake and rerouted the factory cable yo the side of seat..I have a couple vids on youtube following my car builds..check me out Project Villain. Im not the best vlogger and its not a instructional series but youll get an idea of the mods so far..Update car runs great and im so happy. Im on my second week of daily driving. I still have small things to tackle like VSS wiring but it actually runs as is... No regrets at all.
Old 09-12-19, 09:00 PM
GsBadman
7th Gear

I installed a is300 handbrake and rerouted the factory cable yo the side of seat..I have a couple vids on youtube following my car builds..check me out Project Villain. Im not the best vlogger and its not a instructional series but youll get an idea of the mods so far..Update car runs great and im so happy. Im on my second week of daily driving. I still have small things to tackle like VSS wiring but it actually runs as is... No regrets at all.
Whats did you use for the slave

Quick Reply: GS300 W58 Manual swap