GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Airbag Light ON after installing the front seats back

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-17, 11:33 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Airbag Light ON after installing the front seats back

Hello everyone,

I ask this since I did not find any information about this topic. Maybe I did not search correctly but I have not logged in to this forum for monthsss. LOL I'm asking this for a friend of mine that he sent to upholster the two front seats and before taking the seats out, he disconnected the battery and left it unplugged until he installed the seats back in the car. He took pictures of all the plugs that had the seats and where each plug went. Also put it back and now has the airbag light ON in the cluster. He tells me that he did not connect the battery for anything reason or during which the seats were removed from the car. So, now he is afraid to drive the car with the airbag light ON. Some advice you can give me and I call him back and give him the idea to what happen? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-06-17, 03:49 PM
burteboy
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default srs light on

check your trouble code and post it .
Old 08-06-17, 03:55 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by burteboy
check your trouble code and post it .
Hi did it and no code. Also check all the fuse and nothing. All fuse are good 2.
Old 08-06-17, 04:00 PM
tomr51
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 67 Posts

try reseating all the plugs
Old 08-06-17, 10:31 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/airbag_light/airbag.htm
Old 08-07-17, 08:01 AM
lyonkster
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

A similar thing happened to me once when I removed the driver seat for reupholstering. Took me forever to find the cause, but it turned out that when I reconnected the connector under the seat, one of the pins got bent. So you might want to check on that connector, if all else fails.

Last edited by lyonkster; 08-07-17 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-12-17, 05:16 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Update,

First of all, thanks to all who tried to help with their positive comments and photos

Today I had time to go and see what was happening with my friend's car and the airbag light issue. I took my scanner but before using my scanner, I looked at the seats carefully and I noticed something strange in the cushions. I told him, we will use my scanner to see if with my scanner we can see some code and bummmm, a few codes. B0121
B1150
B0117

I told him after the code, we are going to take the seats out., but first, disconnecting the battery please. When we took out the seats I looked more closely at the seats and the bottom of the seats (the cushions part) were set incorrectly in the frames. The cushion on the driver side or was installed in the frame of the passenger and vice versa. When trying to change the cushions, I discover that the various cables and plugs were not connected. I tell my friend, we are going to dismantle both seats and after do that, I discover that the entire heating system of the seats was disconnected. Not only that, the seat belt plug was also disconnected on the passenger side and when I start to see the other seat, it was also the same. The underside of the seats, were placed in the frame that did not have to be, were incorrectly installed. I told my friend, call the upholsterer and tell him to let you send your address and come to see this. My friend told me, he lives 10 min. from here and if the upholsterer is in his house, he comes here because I already spoke with him and he told me to send him my address. Lucky that friend got the upholsterer and he came to my friend house. When I explained what he had done wrong the upholsterer asked me if I was a upholsterer, I said no and he answered me, that as I had noticed that but he did not? Anyway, I help my friend to put everything back and as was supposed, with all wires, the plugs of the heating and airbag system back together. We install the seats and when he turn the car on the light come back ON. I go to get my scanner and when I returned the airbag light was blinking a this time. I put the scanner and only gave me the last code. B0117 I take the change to see if I can delete the code and bummmm, the light goes out. My friend and the upholsterer told me, open a f/&&**@@ mechanic's workshop. Because you are good at details. The upholsterer also told me, you saved me at lot of money from paying a diagnotic at the lexus dealer. I told the upholsterer, well if you give some money back to my friend I think for the time and bad time that you made him go through he will be more than grateful. The upholsterer told my friend, passes on Monday through the workshop and I give you $100.00 back for the bad time that I made you go. After that, we were all happy and I was more for helping my friend with his car. But he also paid me a meal. LOL
Again thank you all.