GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Disgusted, sick,angry,embarassed

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-03, 05:10 PM
tommie
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever you guys say. all I know is that I'm not the first and certainly not the last to express "my opinion"
on what I feel on this or any other subject in these forums.
Old 04-08-03, 03:01 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tim, what exactly is the purpose of this board?

If people modify their cars to be "different" and someone does it like, they have every right to say so. Just like the ricers have every right to mess up their cars and hurt our eyes...if you like the car, then say so. It's OK to have an opinion...you don't have to pick grey every time.
Old 04-08-03, 06:20 PM
tommie
Driver

Thank you !!!!!! manaray
Old 04-09-03, 11:06 PM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Originally posted by Manaray
Tim, what exactly is the purpose of this board?

As much as I know you love to scream "Rice"...I certainly hope the intention of this board wasn't to allow members to poke fun at Lexus rides. ??? No matter what...it looks good to someone...if you want to post a picture of your own ride, then fine, expect opinions, however, I doubt the original owner of that vehicle asked to have his picture posted here. You guys act like a lynch mob. Honestly..."Disgusted, sick, angry, embarassed???"

Tim
Old 04-09-03, 11:43 PM
elclassico
Lead Lap

Talking your opinion is welcomed

Originally posted by TimDimman
Several of you surf this forum in what seems like a lynch mob.

You add nothing positive to the forum, other than negative criticism because someone else doesn't agree with your subjective opinions.

I don't get it. If a GS/Lexus owner is a more refined person...it's definitely not in threads like these?

Tim
Your not supossed to take it like that? Its called a "forum" the whole purpose of a forum is to xpress opinions. I like the JDM look better then the "bling" so im not refined in your book? oh no, this aint a cash money video, its just a toyota? But that just happens to be my opinion, oh and that look makes me laugh too, but i love to see it, not jelous, just not for me. i could care less what you choose to do with your car. i dont hate, much love to all the players on this forum. Just so you know i didnt get together with everyone on this forum before i posted this reply> I agree with you, but post like yours arent too positive either...
Old 04-09-03, 11:48 PM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Default Re: your opinion is welcomed

Originally posted by elclassico
Your not supossed to take it like that? Its called a "forum" the whole purpose of a forum is to xpress opinions. I like the JDM look better then the "bling" so im not refined in your book? oh no, this aint a cash money video, its just a toyota? But that just happens to be my opinion, oh and that look makes me laugh too, but i love to see it, not jelous, just not for me. i could care less what you choose to do with your car. i dont hate, much love to all the players on this forum. Just so you know i didnt get together with everyone on this forum before i posted this reply> I agree with you, but post like yours arent too positive either...
Huh?

Tim
Old 04-09-03, 11:52 PM
elclassico
Lead Lap

Default My point is...

Your on this forum alot. If you really dont like it, then stay of it, no sense complaining, what you want your money back???
Old 04-10-03, 12:00 AM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Alright, I concede.

You guys take one post of mine and make it absolute. Completely remove it from context. Clearly what I was saying was you are not allowed to have an opinion (???Comprehension???).

This might be an exageration, but I think I can count the number of words posted on the forum by a select few, and find that the only information added is "Rice!" (eg out of 100 words posted, 75 are the word "Rice", the others are conjunctions) That makes me a bad, bad person (excluding my opinion, of course).

I'd be willing to bet, outside of the anonymity of this web forum, most of you wouldn't have the gaul to approach the owners of these "Rice" vehicles and just blab "Disgusted, sick, angry, embarassed" yet here, it makes you super cool!

In the grand scheme of things, I care about this, as much as any of you.

Tim "Now I'm refined too...can I play in your "Rice" Posse?"
Old 04-10-03, 12:03 AM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Default Re: My point is...

Originally posted by elclassico
Your on this forum alot. If you really dont like it, then stay of it, no sense complaining, what you want your money back???
I'm here to pick up tid bits of information. Screaming rice at someone who posts something up that is informative, yet not well received by some of the more "mature" members here, might scare off information.

I know for one, I'd be scared to death to post my vehicle up, even if I was intelligent enough to include a mod of my own.

I like the forum. For the most part, it is very informative. I don't come to be chummy...it's nice to meet some of the guys at the meets, but I'm not going to cry myself to sleep if you don't want to be my friend, because we share space on a web forum.

Tim

Last edited by TimDimman; 04-10-03 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-10-03, 12:26 AM
elclassico
Lead Lap

Thumbs down are you kidding???

What do you have against rice? Opinions are great, you should learn to appreciate them instead of hat them. Anonymity ( is that a word?) has nothing to do with it. My opinion stays the same on this forum as it is in real life. I would tell anyone who asked me the truth of my beliefs...When you start a thread, its like saying "hey everyone in this forum, what do you think about this?" and people respond. some more imformative then others. sorry to burn your thread Tim, but hopfully you understand. If yoiu still got a problem, you should start a thread about it in the lobby, it would probably help your frustrations. but in all honesty, this is all good fun, i value your opinion and respect your position, just relax.
Old 04-10-03, 07:38 AM
JimB
Driver School Candidate

Holy cow! Seems like you guy's aren't politically correct Don't you know you can't speak you mind for fear of OFFENDING someone? Johnnie gets an "A" in math because who are we to say that 1+1 doesn't equal 3. He says it does and we must respect that so as not to tarnish his self esteem After all, he may be right. "Judge not, lest ye be judged" is the new mantry of people who demand we can't say "under God" during "the pledge" anymore! What kind of topsy-turvy world has this become?!
Old 04-10-03, 07:45 AM
JimB
Driver School Candidate

I know for one, I'd be scared to death to post my vehicle up,
Is your skin paper-thin? Sounds like someone didn't hear that "sicks and stones" rhyme enough growing up
Old 04-10-03, 03:13 PM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Originally posted by JimB
Is your skin paper-thin? Sounds like someone didn't hear that "sicks and stones" rhyme enough growing up
Oh boy...

No, I didn't hear that little limeric nearly enough...

As stated before, I care about this just as much as any of you. I guess if I go after some of the more "mature" members for being a lynch mob, I get lynched myself. Excuse me while I go off and sob now.

Sicks and stones...hmmm...you know Jimmie, I can't say I've ever really heard that one...please, do tell, I'll be sure to add it to my life lessons.

Tim
Old 04-10-03, 03:22 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up hunger

talking about rice...i am gonna grab some nice chinese tonight. Maybe...could be hooters...i just think the spinners suck because they make crap immitations. If sprewell and davin would have not let anyone else make these and sell them for 8-12k a set. They still would be overkill, but it wouldn't be such a fuss. They make them for suv's. Its the flavor in ny no doubt. I just don't savor it here in ky. But i am cool with everyone
Old 04-10-03, 03:40 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Enough bickering......

Quick Reply: Disgusted, sick,angry,embarassed