GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Diamond Stitched Interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-14, 01:00 PM
Aristo722
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Diamond Stitched Interior

I am absolutely in LOVE with Diamond Stitched Interior, and I can't wait to get it for my GS. I've been wanting Diamond Stitched Interior for a long long time. But I just don't know where to pick some up (slightly used or new preferably) But, is it like a cover that you put over your existing interior? Or does it have to be stitched in through an upholstery shop? Or does one simply buy the seats and back seats and just bolt them in? And how much do they go for used and new? What are some of the different brands that make them, and where would I be able to purchase a very nice set. Nothing replica or ebay or nothing, I just don't like to go that route. I really love this one here. Especially the armrest and door panels. Anyone with Diamond Stitched Interior, please post pics!

Old 05-11-14, 08:14 PM
Neosakai
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aristo722
I am absolutely in LOVE with Diamond Stitched Interior, and I can't wait to get it for my GS. I've been wanting Diamond Stitched Interior for a long long time. But I just don't know where to pick some up (slightly used or new preferably) But, is it like a cover that you put over your existing interior? Or does it have to be stitched in through an upholstery shop? Or does one simply buy the seats and back seats and just bolt them in? And how much do they go for used and new? What are some of the different brands that make them, and where would I be able to purchase a very nice set. Nothing replica or ebay or nothing, I just don't like to go that route. I really love this one here. Especially the armrest and door panels. Anyone with Diamond Stitched Interior, please post pics!

I dont know what company made the one in your pic but Clazzio makes these as well and I think you can have custom order ones through them as well.

But thats for seats only, if you want to do the door panels and arm rest, I guess you would have to hit up an upholstery shop

btw Im DYING to know where I can get those wood trims especially the one in that pic where it extends to the window switches. I know where I can get them for RHD because its everywhere in Japan but its not gonna work for LHD cars since the driver side has more switches
Old 05-11-14, 10:28 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Aristo722

The car you referenced is a member here, Bigty. The interior was custom made. He used the stock seats and had his upholstery shop do a custom insert in diamond stitch. This was one of the first iteration of his interior. He now chose to redo the interion. One of the best if not the best interiors in the country in a GS. Reference his for sale thread to see the pics of his new red interior: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...xus-gs400.html

Originally Posted by Neosakai
I dont know what company made the one in your pic but Clazzio makes these as well and I think you can have custom order ones through them as well.

But thats for seats only, if you want to do the door panels and arm rest, I guess you would have to hit up an upholstery shop

btw Im DYING to know where I can get those wood trims especially the one in that pic where it extends to the window switches. I know where I can get them for RHD because its everywhere in Japan but its not gonna work for LHD cars since the driver side has more switches

He waterdipped all plastics to look like the wood that you see in the picture. This was a very expensive undertaking.
Old 05-12-14, 12:04 AM
Lutkis
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Neosakai
I know where I can get them for RHD because its everywhere in Japan but its not gonna work for LHD cars since the driver side has more switches
I googled a bit but didn't find anything. Can you provide me a link to a shop where they sell those?
Old 05-12-14, 01:26 AM
JJaySilver
Pole Position

Whoa! That's a bright *** interior.
Old 05-12-14, 12:18 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

diamond stitch is usually done through an upholstery shop.

i would personally hate rocking a cover.
Old 05-12-14, 04:10 PM
RoMiLex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the two speakers in the lower part of he door. And by waterdipping do you mean the pattern is placed on top of water and the piece desired to have the print is dipped through the pattern and into the water? I believe there is a motor cycle with money print on the tank or fenders that was done that way.
Old 05-14-14, 11:14 AM
Aristo722
Pole Position

Oh man, good thing I know a good upholstery shop locally that should be able to get this done, it looks so beautiful.
Old 05-14-14, 11:31 AM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RoMiLex
I like the two speakers in the lower part of he door. And by waterdipping do you mean the pattern is placed on top of water and the piece desired to have the print is dipped through the pattern and into the water? I believe there is a motor cycle with money print on the tank or fenders that was done that way.
yes that is exactly what he is talking about
Old 05-14-14, 01:19 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LeatherSeats.com

Old 05-15-14, 07:45 PM
Aristo722
Pole Position

Not really diggin the Covers like that, I really want to make it all look OEM as possible when doing a diamond stitched interior.
Old 05-15-14, 09:50 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dude, they're 100% custom. You can pick any color you want. You can do single stiched diamonds or double stiched like the video and choose normal stitch around the edges or piping. I mean just look at this. The fit and finish is perfect. These replace the OEM leather, not a cover. Thats as clos to OEM as you're going to get.

Old 05-16-14, 09:50 AM
littlebird
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i showed my boyfriend those pictures and he agreed to let me redo the interior of my car! i looked into the site you linked and he was skeptical about it being a cover, but after i saw these pictures ^^ and how it replaces the OEM leather and how nicely it fits, i think he will be more convinced to let me go with that company. thanks for the info!
Old 05-16-14, 11:38 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
LeatherSeats.com
wow man thats a nice solution
Old 05-16-14, 12:08 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

for those that keep saying "covers", what do you think is on your car from the factory? They are skins that go over the seats, just like leatherseats.com, katzkin, clazzio, etc, etc......skins that replace the factory skins. If you have ever seen a custom upholstery shop gives you more options for creativity, and will most likely result in a more snug factory like fit just from the standpoint where they can add foam where necessary to build back up wore down side bolsters, etc.. That being said, i have seen plenty of katzkin and leatherseats.com interiors that look great.

If you go to a dealer and want a car off the lot that has clothe interior, but you wanted it in leather, the dealer has local companies that do that for them. I worked for one a lifetime ago that used katzkin products for additions to brand new off the lot dealer cars.

Quick Reply: Diamond Stitched Interior