GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-17, 10:24 PM
Lokote21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where do i get or is somebody selling a horizontal grill for my 02gs3hunnid??? Thanx in advance
Old 12-03-17, 08:01 PM
n1ck
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Just bought my first GS on Saturday. It's a 2001 GS300 Only 73k miles

The following users liked this post:
soundwerks (01-15-18)
Old 12-05-17, 01:25 AM
SERIALN9NE
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Gerard, 2000 Aristo V300 Vertex. Lots of mods SERIALNINE everything CD-PRO (CD009 transmission) Tilton triple clutch, 1pce Al driveshaft, Stance XR3 coilovers. Every adjustable arm, short knuckles, angle kit, solid everything, different seats, breed fenders, sports trunk, sports hood Enkei RS05RR WHEELS (18x10.5-30/18x11-25) daily driven in all weather

soundwerks (01-15-18)
Old 12-05-17, 07:23 PM
TylerFDGS
Driver School Candidate

Hey all, just bought a stock pearl white '98 GS400 with beige interior and approx 175,000mi. Also currently own a single turbo '93 Mazda RX-7 and a modified '02 IS300 (that was just totaled in a accident) which was the reason I bought the GS. Have been in the car scene awhile and am looking forward to learning about these platforms (especially the 1UZ), lurking the forums, and doing some light mods to this GS while keeping it a comfortable daily.

Old 12-07-17, 11:12 AM
AgedGS
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

New member from South Carolina here! My name's Tom, and I recently bought a black 2000 GS300 Platinum edition with light tan perforated leather, and promptly ditched the Nakamichi HU and sub for an Alpine nav unit & RF sub. Performance wise, all I've done so far is rear muffler delete & urethane sway bar bushings f&r. I'm slowly fixing the minor odds and ends that need attention on an almost 20-year old car, but hope to really start digging into "making it my own" soon.

Last edited by AgedGS; 12-07-17 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Added pictures
Old 12-18-17, 11:59 AM
Dutchjzs16
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Clublexus 2 gen owners.

My name is Sander and I am from The Netherlands.
I have 2000 (2000.7) Lexus GS300.

I Bought the car in 2008 with 52000km.
Now the odometer is at 235000km and I still like to drive the car.

It has the Pioneer audio and black leather interior.

modifications:
TTE frond lip ,previous owner was not good at parking so i needed to replace the frond
Bumper and added the lip.
led license plate lights.
Made a aux input.

I don't have a mechanical background but I do all the maintenance my self.
service
timingbelt plus waterpump.

Hope to enjoy this forum
Old 12-24-17, 01:51 AM
talegunner
Driver School Candidate

Default Intro

Apparently I am a member already but have no memory of ever signing up. That's what happens when you get old. I've only recently bought two Lexus' which is why I can't figure why I would have joined before now. Still, I am very glad to be here and will try to be a more responsible member.
I'm an old school mechanic of over 40 yrs., long retired but still dabble. I'm very much lost in this generation of auto mechanics and can't say I have much to offer you younger guys. In fact, I'm partially here to learn from you.
I have two Lexus', a 1999 GS 400 and a 1999 ES 300. The 400 is Burgundy, the 300 is gray. My wife is the proud primary driver of the 400 and originally I bought the 300 to fix up and sell until recently I wrecked my '97 Toyota T-100, which was the best truck I have ever owned and had everything I wanted in a truck. I doubt I will ever find another like it but I'm on the hunt, which I expect will take up to 6 mos or more. Meantime, the 300 will be my primary source of transportation.
May I say that I am very much intimidated by the technology in these vehicles. In the past, I have always driven with the confidence to know that if something happens in line-of-road, I can likely repair it or at least know if it's within my scope. I do not have that assurance these days but I hope to reclaim some of it. .
Reading some of the posts, I'm impressed by much of the knowledge that seems to exist on this site and hope to learn from it and possibly contribute.as I may.
There's some kind of irony in this, that when I was younger, and a line mechanic, I was tutored by what I felt were the finest minds available in this field and strove to become one of them. These were older gentlemen of the prior generation, many WWII vets who were happy to pass on what they knew. However, when my turn came around, technology kinda aced me and I'm a lost ball in high weeds and unless you want to soup up your 1968 Nova SS I don't have much to offer. I used to rebuild the quadrajets in my sleep but carb rebuilding is becoming a lost art. Technology has brought about some great changes that I wouldn't trade for the old because it has increased the dependability greatly. I can tell you many tales about hard starting on these cold days and waking up wondering if I was going to make it to work on time or will I be shooting ether down my carb to prime it in the cold. I don't regret those days.
Sorry, I didn't mean to write a narrative of my life.lol
Am looking forward to meeting many of you in the future.
Old 12-24-17, 12:09 PM
AgedGS
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Not that I've been here much longer than either of y'all, but welcome, regardless.
Talegunner, Im mostly self taught as far as turning a wrench, so resources like this forum are great for learning about whatever specific vehicle you're working on, in my opinion. The technology moves way faster than even some mechanics seem to be able to keep up with, so the better you can figure out your car, the less you have to worry about someone else's skill (or lack thereof)

Last edited by AgedGS; 12-24-17 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Grammar
talegunner (12-25-17)
Old 01-02-18, 04:36 PM
Eonodera
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone! My name is Eric and I’m from Hawaii but I moved to Las Vegas a few years ago with my girlfriend. We needed a 2nd car and we’ve been looking for getting a 2nd gen GS for some time. Finally that day has come.

2003 GS430
Millennium Silver Metallic
Black Interior
Sat Nav with the chrome upgraded wheels.

looking forward working with this community.

Mahalo!
Old 01-15-18, 08:33 PM
soundwerks
Driver School Candidate

Hey,
my name is Art I'm from socal more specifically Corona, Ca.
I own a 99' , GS400
Pearl white with tan interior (for now)
Car has 19" Volk Racing GTM wheels chrome finish. Lowered on Function Form Type 2 coilovers. Has a K&N air intake. All led bulbs inside along with RGB color changing for inside and door handle lights. Changed out radio to Alpine (cde-149) added Alpine Type R components to all four doors. And I'm running two Zapco amps for bass and highs. Made a box tuned to 32hz for two 8" Sundown audio subs. Have a lot of plans for the car but slowly it will get there. Thanks for the time in sharing and love checking out everything on this forum always lots of help !
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20170417_194616.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20161201_103627.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20160922_165456.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20160713_192825.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20160406_194234.jpg  

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-4081519_img_1578.jpg.jpeg  
Old 01-21-18, 09:40 PM
jeffy
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats up yall. new guy to the forums here. dont have my gs yet, but steady on the prowl as we speak. hope to be in one within a few days, already got my coilovers picked out and ready for a click and trying to find some wheels. wont be long into the ownership and she should be slammed rimmed and tinted, then i can get started. lol.
Old 02-04-18, 07:53 PM
lexusfever
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My 03 GS300

Hi I'm somewhat new to the GS community but not new to Club Lexus I have owned previously a 95 LS400 and a 97 ES300. Now have the Pearl Graphite Grey Sport Design 03 GS300. When I bought it it was stock except for aftermarket single din cd player can't remember what brand. Since I have had it quite a few changes some due to maintenance some for fun. I do all the work on my car solely by myself maintenance repairs, audio, and alarms.
Here is the list:
1. Sound system is Pioneer 4201 NEX AVH deck, Sundown SCV 2000D amp, 2 12" DC Audio Level 3 Subs in side ported box. Interior is stock speakers and stock non Mark Levinson amp sounds great.
2. Security is the Avital 5501 Remote Start System I did the complete install left some features not connected like my trunk since I don't use it for groceries or any luggage. Love the system never any problems.
3. Nakita Reverse Camera installed today love the picture quality.
4. Due to repair needs have replaced alternator actually easy job to do and my favorite repair and upgrade is the full from headers to the mufflers new exhaust. This came about with a clogged Cat in which i replaced the headers and cats under the hood, but still was having issues getting the car to rev or move past 15mph. I found that the 3rd cat in the Y-Pipe or some call the downpipe was also clogged. I then just replaced it all. Headers are Magnaflow, downpipe is Megan Racing and catback exhaust is Auto dynasty. The combination matches up perfect no modifications needed to install and sounds and drives great. Yes you will see in the pics that I have the silencers still in for one in Cali i keep hearing about people getting noise tickets and I drive all of northern Cali and I myself is not into excessively loud exhaust. It does sound great when I step on it.
5. Last mod is part due to maintenance, part upgrade and part fun the wheels. Went from stock to 16" to Damani Vanquish 20" sitting on 245/35/20 tires not sure of the offset but they are flushed with all fenders. Stock when i bought it.
What it looks like today front windows have been tinted I did let a shop do those it was too cold to be tinting windows.
Part number for Magnaflow Exhaust

Old Exhaust
New Exhaust

Sundown SCV 2000D
DC Audio Level 3 12's

Old 02-05-18, 05:44 AM
WeaverGSF
Driver School Candidate

Talking

​​​​​​​ Santa dropped these off before christmas
Tein Coils installed

Inner headlights and Fogs- Yellow Tint Film
Also installed painted rain guards

Inner & Outer Taillights- Red Tint Film

​​​​​​​

Hey CL, My names Weaver here in California, i been following the forums for quite some time (2years) decided why not join the fun. 2years ago i bought a Pearl White 95’ SC400 -162k, bone stock Extremely Clean both exterior and interior. Basically flawless. I bought it from my wifes goddad which was a lawyer. Always serviced on time by lexus. Always garaged, always babied. Any imperfections would get immediate attention. He now owns 2 SC430s, So 6 monthes into owning the car. I get T-Boned by a SUV @ 20mph and went into a wood pole. Driver door & fender became cans. Passenger side front was caved in. Suprising the rim cracked but brakes and mechanical parts were okay. Airbags DID NOT deploy. Talk to my insurance comp and DMV after the total loss, crazy enough the car still held a clean title, LOL. Oooh lucky me. So i slowly restored it back into safe working condition again. I sold it 6 monthes ago.

i bought this Alpine Silver 98’ GS3- 160k. Same time i bought the SC4

-Alpine Silver
-Gray Leather
-Nakamichi Sound System (No Navi)
-Lowered on Tein Street Coilovers
-Led Bulb kit all around.

Plans-19’s w/Spacers (Not Staggered) Muffler delete, 4pot brakes, Control Arms, T Rods, Lower Sub Braces. Tower bars & strut bars.
Old 02-19-18, 06:59 AM
rabidwhale
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys,

My name is Sara from Chattanooga, TN and I just bought a 2001 GS300 with 140,000 miles, exterior color is Crystal White Pearl w/ tan interior. It's completely stock right now, I have to fix a misfire first before I really start tearing into it. I just got the car yesterday, haven't even registered it. I'm not sure about any of the options it came with (it does say Lexus Premium Sound system on the dash). This is my first Lexus so if you have an tips, let me know. I'll be doing a tune up and hopefully fixing the misfire this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-image2.jpeg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-image1-1-.jpeg  

Last edited by rabidwhale; 02-19-18 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-19-18, 10:16 AM
2JZandME
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Members,

My name is Robert, I just bought a 2002 Lexus GS300 at auction for $4,200.00 registered.

1. Exterior Color: Black
2. Interior color choice: Black and grey with wood trim
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc): Nope
4. Audio Options: OEM Mark Levinson speakers, *blown sub, going to replace after recouping some cash.
5. Any modifications: STOCK
6. Anything you want to mention: I'm recently out of college and this is the first car I purchased on my own all in cash. One Owner, 104,000 miles.
7. I am representing: Redwood City CA
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)

Glad to become a member of the Club Lexus! The world's largest and most active Lexus enthusiast community!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE