GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-17, 01:28 PM
russovi
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Noob checking in

Hello all,

My name is Vinny, and this is the first Lexus/Toyota I've ever owned. (Mostly have had Acura and Subaru's)

2000 Lexus GS300 272k miles and going strong.

1. Pearl white
2. Tan leather
3. Platinum Edition
4. TBA (Currently looking for the right double din
5. All stock
6. So, to be honest I just picked this up for SUPER cheap at an auction. $2,000. It does have higher miles, 272k, BUT the timing belt and water pump has been changed TWICE. Once at 110k and again at 210k, like clock work. The engine runs amazing. The transmission on the other hand is showing from what I gather a rather notorious code -P0763. I'm diagnosing this tonight after reading through a bunch of threads on here.
7. This is the only pic I have for now

Old 08-28-17, 04:35 PM
DurtyGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Music City reppin'....

Hello,

I am Durty and I am a car-a-holic, I never wanted to admit I had a problem but...oh wait wrong forum. I have been lurking for over about a year but never posted until today, lots of good links and info here, I have wanted this style GS since I could remember but didn't pick one up until a kind driver decided it was time for me to look for one and totaled my last car. I picked her up last August with a little under 149k and now she sits at just over 153k.

2001 GS300
Cons: Front Bumper clip broke
Rear passenger scrape needs to be fixed and painted
Steering wheel motor works but wont stay still unless I move it all the way down
Needs a real good detail on the carpet
Brake Booster noise behind cluster ( that fairly new)
Radio back light out

Pros: Everything else works 100%

I gotta say besides the occasional broken pic link I have been able to find pretty much everything I need to get my car closer to my ideal setup and I can't help but feel the modding bug again the more I research this site, so when I kicked out of my house for having to many car parts that I don't use I will hold you all partly responsible.

Old 08-30-17, 12:09 PM
Aristlow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello there!

My name is Kelton, I'm in Canada and I own a 98 Aristo because they are legal here! But its the same thing as a gs300.

Imported it last year straight from Japan. Its absolutely mint inside and out, only has 53 000 KM (32k miles!). Its a 1998 Toyota Aristo Vertex edition.

Not too many mods done to it, but it's getting there. In the process of doing timing belt, seals and new balancer.
- AEM boost controller running 14-15 pounds
- 3 inch downpipe w/cat delete. straight exhaust and one resonator (Pops and backfires like crazy).
- ARS rear steering delete bar
- RSR Black-I Coilovers
- 19" Weds Kranze Borphe wheels
- ATI Super Damper

Fun car, made 300whp on 12 pounds and stock downpipe with only muffler delete.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_7841.jpg  
Old 08-30-17, 06:24 PM
mylexusgs
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Guy From Wilsonville, Oregon

Hey all,

I just bought a 2004 GS430. Here are some pics.

Old 09-02-17, 07:32 PM
Fms01
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default '99 GS400 with 244k miles in Phoenix, AZ

Hi all,

Just bought my first Lexus today, it's a 50' car and will need some fix ups. Aside from a slightly ratty interior....and exterior it looks great!
Things I've discovered so far that need attention:
- Wheels might need balancing (some steering wheel shake above 65)
- Central door locks need fixing on two doors don't work
- Passenger side doesn't blow cold air - DONE, CHANGED SERVOS
- Steering wheel telescopes but doesn't go up and down (despite it working a couple of days ago during a test drive) - DONE
- Is too quiet...might need to remove the mufflers or something
- Has the Nakamichi sound system but comes up Err 02 when i try to use the disc changer - WORKS NOW BUT WILL CHANGE TO 2DIN ANDROID UNIT

I'm going to need to do a lot of searching on these forums...!!

Last edited by Fms01; 09-25-17 at 08:26 AM. Reason: update
Old 09-23-17, 08:08 AM
Shaz300
Driver School Candidate

Hi I'm new to the forum. I'm shaz and previously has 2 ls430, a is220d and now bought a gs300 1998. Loving the car, well once I fix all the warning lights on the dash lol. Also restored the headlights as they were dull and yellow
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20170921_104658.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20170922_133925.jpg  
Old 09-24-17, 12:56 AM
GSLyon
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus fan

Hello Club Lexus,

My name is Alfred and I purchased my 2001 GS300 in June 2017 with 159K miles. I was only the third owner so she is pretty cherry.

1. Exterior Color: WHITE
2. Interior color choice: TAN
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc): BASE
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer) BASE
5. Any modifications : Chrome grill. K&N air filter (no big deal but it's a start. )
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc) : I bought a '98 ES300 for my daughter before she went off to college back in 2013. It had 220K miles on it. Now she has 300K and it's never had a problem. This is why I decided to get a used Lexus for myself. Recently my son picked up a super clean '97 LS400 with only 140K miles and he's the second owner! Now if I can get an IS300 for my wife my whole family will be Lexus owners.

I've received a lot of great information from this forum but I finally joined today.
I added this chrome grill

My fleet

Old 10-03-17, 06:56 PM
RallyVT
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone!!! To paraphrase AA, my name is cody and I have an 01 GS300 (no disrespect). She's pearl white w/ a metallic black hood and soon to be black roof and spoiler. I have the sport design and the ML audio. No real mods just yet but getting ready for a full exhaust. I was really active in my last car community so I'm excited to have found you guys. Oh, and I'm in San Diego, CA if anyone on here ever wants to do a meet.
Old 10-26-17, 04:07 PM
image976
Driver School Candidate

Picked up this 2000 GS4 beauty about a month ago Located in SoCal. Im looking forward to some tasteful mods in the near Future.

Im not a fan of the chrome so it had to go.

Old 10-29-17, 01:39 PM
KeatonGS3
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys. Finally bought a GS! I've wanted one since I was little and played this Tokyo Street Racer game and the GS was my favorite car in it.

I just bought it last night so I only have a couple pics but I'm so stoked on it. Already in love. Completely stock. Doesn't need anything right away everything works great and it's super clean for a 99.

Old 11-03-17, 09:58 AM
Ias0825
Driver School Candidate

heys guys, just introducing myself as i recently acquired my GS300 recently. its a 03 sport design and sitting cozy next to her older much stronger brother. Have been looking for a clean example speaks for itself. hope you enjoy!

The following users liked this post:
ThomasGS4 (01-01-22)
Old 11-13-17, 11:18 AM
ibjamin01
Driver School Candidate

Default New GS300 enthusiast longtime MR2 owner

For many years I've enjoyed being an MR2 owner. Feels good to have found this black 1999 GS300 with tan interior I just purchased for $3000 from a small time car dealer in Hudson, and get into a reliable 4dr Toyota sedan that I can have to throw in a GTE soon. Pictures are soon to come
Old 11-14-17, 08:39 PM
jzs160hlc
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile 2003 gs300

Hey all! My name is Howie and I'm the proud new owner of a 2003 GS300.

This is my second GS300 (I had another account here that I never used much) but I'm very excited to start working on it. The car's finish is black cherry pearl with a black leather interior. It's currently pretty much stock except for window tint (50% side windows, 32% rear windshield, 13% moonroof), but I'm going to be installing some major parts on it tomorrow from my previous GS. I inherited this car from my parents after they got a new car - it's been in the family since we purchased it new in 2003. It means a lot to me and my family and I'm going to spend a long time driving it - it's only at 54k miles.

Old 11-16-17, 05:21 PM
MinkusDing
Driver School Candidate

Kyle from Las Vegas. I was originally in the market specifically looking for a used reliable toyota truck for daily driving. I ended up coming across a stock, one owner garaged kept GS with 138k on craigslist and my plans for a used truck changed as soon as I saw that it was just posted for a great price. 2 Months later, FA Prime coilovers, MRR VP3 rims, replaced lower ball joints and outer tie rods then chromed the grill. I love this car!

Old 11-20-17, 05:08 PM
jhnyct
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My name is Jason. I just picked up a 2003 GS430 a couple of weeks ago after hunting for a couple of months. It is 100% stock for now. It has MSM exterior with black interior and ML sound. My plans are pretty much just a suspension update with Bilstein shocks and yet to be determined springs. Maybe a couple other things but nothing crazy.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_4633.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_4632.jpg  

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE