GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

To all 2gs. Do u want a jdm power folding mirrors install on your car??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-14, 06:27 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default To all 2gs. Do u want a jdm power folding mirrors install on your car??

Hi Guys,

I installing the folding motors on my original frame mirrors. WHATTTTTTTTTTT???? Yesssssssss, I installing the folding motor in my original mirrors frame and did not lose any of the futures of my mirrors. As the heated mirrors, memory, movement, diam. I start remove the mirrors of each frame (JDM and USAD) mirrors. After take the mirrors out, I take the base out of each one, get the base that use a spring of my original mirror, then remove the motor from the Japanese mirror and transfer it to the USAD Mirror Frame. EVERYTHING FITS INTO THE PLACE OR POSITION WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM. What I do not like the whole process was having to cut the wires of each mirror to TRANSFER the MOTOR to the original USAD mirror FRAME. The reason for this is, that all the wires pass through the center of THE MOTOR and THE BASE SPING of the original mirror and you need to transfer THE MOTOR FOLDING MIRROR to the original Mirror FRAME.

NOTE: Cut all the wires close as you can to the MALE PLUG and then connect them back of the easiest way for you. I connect back all the wires of my mirror with my BUTT CONNECTORS and it became easier that way for me. I tell you this guys because that way you won’t have problems installing the interior door panel back to the door with the wires on the way of the panel door. That way all the mirrors cables do not interfere when you installing the door panel back. But YESSSSSSSSSSS, you can transfer the FOLDING MOTOR to the ORIGINAL FRAME USAD MIRRORS. I not has time to install the ORIGINAL switch get, but I can make work with the mirrors.

HERE IS THE DETAIL OF THE SWITCH FOLDING MIRROR: You have to REMOVE the Switch Mirrors from your DASH OUT and behind the switch is a MALE PLUG very close to the original mirror switch plug. Is attach with tape to the wires harness of the mirror switch. My GS300 04 brought this factory male plug wires with other harness in that area.

The Male PLUG have 4 wires and the MALE PLUG is dark gray color. You can see it easily and is just pug and play with the switch of the folding mirrors. Believe me is easy to see it after you remove the switch from your dash.
This PLUG HAVE 4 WIRES
Green, is to give power to the bulb that brings the switch.
White with Green line and White with Black Line are the Ground. This 2 wires need to connect to one of each wires coming out of the Folding Motors. I need to see which one go to each one.
Pink, is what gives power to the Folding Mirror Motor and I think need to connect to the GREEN wire that come from the Folding Motor

Guys, I don’t know how to add pictures to this site get, but if you pm me your personal email I be glad to send you all the pictures that I take for all this process that I do and that way you can see how I did it. Also, I will let you know later as how I installing the original switch to the folding mirrors wires to make it work as supposed. Peace out every one and have fond with your new power folding mirrors
Old 02-22-14, 01:05 PM
srob817
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to see some pictures of this!! sounds cool
Old 02-22-14, 07:57 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why is english of yours bad?
Old 02-22-14, 08:12 PM
runyun
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LudeNsoL
why is english of yours bad?
Why does that matter? Maybe English isn't his first language?
Thanks OP for contributing.
Old 02-22-14, 08:14 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by runyun
Why does that matter? Maybe English isn't his first language?
Thanks OP for contributing.
Because maybe its hard to understand what he is contributing.
Old 02-22-14, 08:27 PM
runyun
Lead Lap

I'm pretty sure he already knows his English isn't perfect without having someone to point it out. Give credit for him making an attempt vs posting remarks that may shy him away from future posts. Thats all
Old 02-22-14, 09:47 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who gives a **** about his English. Let's see some pictures!!!
Old 02-23-14, 08:27 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Glad my car came stock with those mirrors
Old 02-24-14, 06:34 AM
kevwats01
Driver

Kevwats01@gmail.com
Send me pics of this
Old 03-06-14, 05:25 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

You're absolutely right. Thanks for your comment. I'm trying is to help all those who want the power folding mirrors installed on your own car like I did but some people do not appreciate. Thank you again.
Old 03-06-14, 05:33 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by runyun
I'm pretty sure he already knows his English isn't perfect without having someone to point it out. Give credit for him making an attempt vs posting remarks that may shy him away from future posts. Thats all
You're absolutely right. Thanks for your comment. I'm trying is to help all those who want the power folding mirrors installed on your own car like I did, but some people do not appreciate. Thank you again.
Old 03-06-14, 06:19 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kevwats01
Kevwats01@gmail.com
Send me pics of this
I try to send pictures to U email. If possible on your part and you could put here the pictures I sent you to your email, so everyone can see them here as I learn how to put my own photos here. LOL. Thank you very much
Old 03-06-14, 07:27 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mcon
I try to send pictures to U email. If possible on your part and you could put here the pictures I sent you to your email, so everyone can see them here as I learn how to put my own photos here. LOL. Thank you very much
I send the pictures to your email kevwats01. Let me know if you received. Is about 27 pictures

Last edited by Mcon; 03-06-14 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-06-14, 02:42 PM
mk2tmr2
Lead Lap

Great timing on this post. I just cleaned out our 1.75 car garage (freaking cheap-*** home builders and their small 2-car garages) enough that I can squeeze both my wife's RX and my GS in. The only problem is that I have to fold in my passenger side mirror to get my car in. It's a PITA to do it from the driver's seat. A push-button would be perfect.

In for updates. Plz post pics. I'm assuming any JZS16x folding mirrors from eBay or Yahoo! Japan auctions will work, yeah?
Old 03-07-14, 07:33 PM
Lexusjg1
Driver

Pics for sure I want to try this mod.

Quick Reply: To all 2gs. Do u want a jdm power folding mirrors install on your car??