GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What did you do to your GS today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-19, 08:49 AM
FASTEDDY
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

New shoes and a coat of wax for the spring
The following 2 users liked this post by FASTEDDY:
DimegirlTX (04-25-19), SynDragon (04-15-19)
Old 04-08-19, 05:07 PM
n1ck
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamcar88
Does anyone know where i can find more info on a flashing high brake light for our cars?. I tried searching and didnt really find much. I assume its a relay of some sort. I think something like this would look cool/ be more safe.
This is where I got mine. There are a bunch of videos on it. I could post a clip of what it looks like on the GS if you're intersted. It has many different modes to choose from.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FADDOL4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FADDOL4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Originally Posted by FASTEDDY
She's looking great man. Wheels looks awesome!
Old 04-09-19, 06:25 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by n1ck
This is where I got mine. There are a bunch of videos on it. I could post a clip of what it looks like on the GS if you're intersted. It has many different modes to choose from.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Does that one have the option to have a delay in the flashing? If I put one in my car in traffic I would want there to be a delay of around 15 seconds between when it flashes rather than it flashing every time.
Old 04-09-19, 08:40 AM
n1ck
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Muffinizer
Does that one have the option to have a delay in the flashing? If I put one in my car in traffic I would want there to be a delay of around 15 seconds between when it flashes rather than it flashing every time.
I don't think it does, but out of all these relay things it's the most customizable one out there I would say. You may be interested in the ones that are triggered by g-force. I had one, think it was called G-Stop or something like that. Couldn't find the link, but it was pretty cool until I messed it up.
The following users liked this post:
captainva (04-09-19)
Old 04-12-19, 08:13 PM
ph0bolus
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Test fitting for the rep L-Sportline grill. Just needs to get painted and it's going on. Fitment looked trash at first, but once the screws went in it looked alright.

Unfortunately, while taking off the hood latch from the original grill, one of the bolts snapped so it's stuck in the latch unit

Also got in a painted roof spoiler, so should be getting installed shortly.
Old 04-14-19, 03:30 PM
BHustle84
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Engine mounts

Wassup GS fam!! These engine mounts kicked my butt....Happy at the end result!! Quiet cars, no more rattling!!! Driving is so smooth, when I was driving I thought my car shut off,😂🤣😂😂!! 💪🏿💪🏿💪🏿💪🏿!! Shout to place in South Florida, GARAGE YOURSELF!

The following users liked this post:
DimegirlTX (04-25-19)
Old 04-14-19, 06:10 PM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

Damn those were trashed, I can only imagine the ride. That job is a real PITA but like you said the end result is worth it. Enjoy your car.
Old 04-14-19, 07:48 PM
ph0bolus
Intermediate

Painted and installed the grill, as well as the roof spoiler. Took some PlastX to the headlights, it restored some of the clarity, but not all of it. Might up it to an AIO polish next.

Not really satisfied with the clear coat on the grill, so I'll probably end up taking it off and re-spraying.

Old 04-15-19, 05:21 AM
sbagdon
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamcar88
Does anyone know where i can find more info on a flashing high brake light for our cars?. I tried searching and didnt really find much. I assume its a relay of some sort. I think something like this would look cool/ be more safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUR6fiWGy1g
Flashing rear-facing red lights are distracting, dangerous, and a matter of time before the federal DOT takes up this issue (being addressed at the state level). Flashing red/blue in any direction is limited to first-responders, and unless you're first-responding in your GS... yet if you are, more power to you...

Originally Posted by Muffinizer
Manufacture collision avoidance alerting is limited to hazard-flashing (turn-signals), and is limited to certain G-force conditions. Just saw a Ford Focus do this, a few days ago... heavy/rapid braking, and the yellow hazards turned on.

Last edited by sbagdon; 04-15-19 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-15-19, 05:27 AM
sbagdon
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by BHustle84
Wassup GS fam!! These engine mounts kicked my butt....Happy at the end result!! Quiet cars, no more rattling!!! Driving is so smooth, when I was driving I thought my car shut off,😂🤣😂😂!! 💪🏿💪🏿💪🏿💪🏿!! Shout to place in South Florida, GARAGE YOURSELF!
(replied to your other thread...)

Ok, you win the engine mount awards... when the GS parts go bad, they go bad...!

Looks like the mid-X-pipe from our '98 GS... between the secondary-cats and individual mufflers. Was making a racket, then took it apart... the X-pipe came off in 3 separate pieces...

Good job, enjoy your new comfort...
Old 04-15-19, 10:11 AM
SynDragon
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTEDDY
Awesome I am still going with the OEM Rims, I keep repairing them but they are bit beatup, which rims did you choose?
Old 04-16-19, 08:14 AM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by n1ck
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

She's looking great man. Wheels looks awesome!
ya vid if you can. im in nj as well is the install hard? dm me. I dont want the brakelights themselves i want the third brakelight on the shelf to blink a couple times when i stop. Its cool looking its the f1 style and safer
Old 04-16-19, 08:59 AM
ph0bolus
Intermediate

This should keep me busy over the long weekend,
- front lower rearward control arms
- front and rear brake pads
- 1 rear and front rotor

My stupid *** only bought 1 rear and front rotor thinking RockAuto sold them in pairs...smdh.

Old 04-19-19, 10:46 PM
DimegirlTX
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink Waterpump-Timing belt change also!

Originally Posted by Longchampe
New Timing belt, water pump, front crank and cam seals, oil change. Also polished my headlights with the 3m kit, they look much better but not perfect.

I am having the exact same thing done to my car on Friday. I always double check this web site first before I do anything. I have to say it has helped me save tons of time and aggravation.
I wanted to ask if it was much harder for the mechanic to add the front crank and cam seals? I was advised to change at least the front crank/cam seals. I know some people say always change them out and some say if it is not leaking leave it alone.
If I were to only do the front crank or cam seals do I need to buy 2 front crankshaft seals and front 1 camshaft seal? I am not clear on that.
I hope your car is running as it should and your engine is purring like a kitten!
Soon some of the 1st generation Lexus cars will be coming up on 25 years and will be considered a classic! (in the state of TX)
That means you get to get a special Classic Car License Plate and do not have to get your car inspected yearly-Only every 5 years!
This is a good thing for everyone holding on to some of the best Luxury cars made.
The new generation will view them as collector's items in no time just watch!
Old 04-20-19, 08:34 AM
SpectraBlu
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Got it out of winter hibernation yesterday lolWhat did you do to your GS today?-photo473.jpg

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?