GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Corvette wheels on my GS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-11, 09:41 AM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AdaptecSW
that wheel spacer place listed has no place for hub sizes on their custom order sheet. hello vibration. c'mon guys i hear vibration this, vibration that from people trying to shop on ebay and other low budget places. we build the best adapters and wheels spacers money can buy and they dont vibrate. you know why? because we build our stuff HUB AND WHEEL CENTRIC. not this universal crap people are selling.
Now before you go off ranting and slandering on another company to boast your company, I suggest looking a little harder. No offense. They do make hub-centric wheel spacers and adapters and these are not cheap eBay, made in China/offshore spacers. They are made right here in North America
http://www.wheelspacers.ca/wp-conten...heelSpacer.pdf

Last edited by Debonair; 01-15-13 at 07:00 AM.
Old 12-09-11, 10:49 AM
AdaptecSW
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
Now before you go off ranting and slandering on another company to boast your company, I suggest looking a little harder. No offense. They do make hub-centric wheel spacers and adapters and these are not cheap eBay, made in China/offshore spacers. They are made right here in North America
http://www.wheelspacers.ca/wp-conten...heelSpacer.pdf
No slander here. I apologize fully for missing that. I looked at just the custom adapter page and did not see that option. Also i did not say they were china or ebay, i just said a lot of guys on forums complaining about vibrations after buying "universal" kits from ebay and the likes.
Old 12-09-11, 12:31 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AdaptecSW
No slander here. I apologize fully for missing that. I looked at just the custom adapter page and did not see that option. Also i did not say they were china or ebay, i just said a lot of guys on forums complaining about vibrations after buying "universal" kits from ebay and the likes.
Ya I know, I was just letting people here know that they know their not cheap eBay/china spacer. Not implying that you thought they were. Ya I have heard a lot of horror stories from cheap spacers/adapters from studs snapping or getting stripped from over tightening which are a total b***h to take off. Working in a wheel/tire shop for a number of years I've seen it all LOL. When it comes to spacer/adapters do the research and spare no expense. It could save your life
Old 12-09-11, 02:59 PM
AdaptecSW
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
Ya I know, I was just letting people here know that they know their not cheap eBay/china spacer. Not implying that you thought they were. Ya I have heard a lot of horror stories from cheap spacers/adapters from studs snapping or getting stripped from over tightening which are a total b***h to take off. Working in a wheel/tire shop for a number of years I've seen it all LOL. When it comes to spacer/adapters do the research and spare no expense. It could save your life
Well said. I have no issues with other properly built spacers from competitors. As you said, it will literally save your life.
Old 12-10-11, 02:21 AM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Slap it on and give us some pix! Sick car btw
Old 01-12-13, 10:22 AM
2JayZmike
Driver School Candidate

Default the C5 wheels look good

Corvette wheels on my GS?-juans-gs.png

this is my friends gs with C5 wheels, the fronts really low because there 17s and the rear were 18s

Old 01-12-13, 11:43 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

you should be fine. if they can fit a maxima you should fit fine too

Old 01-12-13, 05:59 PM
perry05g35
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Seems like a lot of work for something that just looks okay....
Old 01-12-13, 06:26 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^ i do agree. a corvette wheel looks like... well, a Corvette wheel.
Old 01-12-13, 07:01 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

nonetheless... this is a 2 year old thread. There was no reason to resurrect this thread OP hasnt even been online for 3 months.
Old 01-12-13, 10:53 PM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

honestly, you cant really go wrong with 5 spoked rims. AANY 5 spoked rims will look good on our cars.
Old 01-13-13, 10:38 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by nandob
Although I am rolling an SC the offset should be just about the same on the GS. In order to run C6 wheels your gonna need your fenders rolled and pulled slightly in the rear even if your not dropped. I have the 18/19 stag setup and I am running a 295/30/19 on the rear. You will need 25mm adapters and then your good. Go for it man if you dont like it then sell them to me. LOL
Your setup looks NICE. very unique.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 01-14-13, 06:01 AM
nandob
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have since sold the SC, but I just bought a 93 ES300 and I still have my old adapters and a set of SawBlades, I wonder how they will look. Pics will be posted soon.

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
Your setup looks NICE. very unique.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 01-14-13, 06:08 AM
lextout
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by D-Boi
Dont bother ur going to run into way too many snags with vibes and fitment issues.
AGREED with you on this one.
Old 01-14-13, 08:54 PM
SoicyGS300
Driver

Originally Posted by nandob
Although I am rolling an SC the offset should be just about the same on the GS. In order to run C6 wheels your gonna need your fenders rolled and pulled slightly in the rear even if your not dropped. I have the 18/19 stag setup and I am running a 295/30/19 on the rear. You will need 25mm adapters and then your good. Go for it man if you dont like it then sell them to me. LOL
BOSS!!!!!

Quick Reply: Corvette wheels on my GS?