GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Really annoying buzzing sound

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-11, 09:44 AM
nievjohn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really annoying buzzing sound

I have a problem, I have been on a lot of forums trying to see if someone else had the same issue and found none.

I drive a 2003 GS 300

Every time I start the car, regardless in the morning or in the day time after car has been driven, there is a buzzing sound coming from the back of the navigation. The sound starts up right when the ignition key is turned. At first it's at conversational volume, lasts for about 15 seconds, and then gets twice as load and lasts for 10 seconds. I have been noticing that the sound is getting loader and loader and lasts for longer intervals.

I don't have to turn the motor on for the sound to start. Its enough for me to turn the key so that all of the lights light up on the dash for the sound to come on, without the motor running.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-29-11, 10:49 AM
bighead222
Pole Position

Default reply

its your servo motor theres a dyi on here if you wanna fix it. i have the same pro but it dosent bother me no more lol
Old 10-29-11, 12:24 PM
nievjohn
Driver School Candidate

I did some research, and there are four of those servo motors. Do you know which one it may be?

I also have a problem with my heat. One side (driver side) blows hot air, and the other side (passenger) blows cold air even though the thermostat is on 85 degrees. After doing my research, it turns out that one of the servos is faulty and needs to be changed. Only problem is, I dont know which one.
Old 10-30-11, 01:22 PM
airbender
Rookie

Originally Posted by nievjohn
I have a problem, I have been on a lot of forums trying to see if someone else had the same issue and found none.

I drive a 2003 GS 300

Every time I start the car, regardless in the morning or in the day time after car has been driven, there is a buzzing sound coming from the back of the navigation. The sound starts up right when the ignition key is turned. At first it's at conversational volume, lasts for about 15 seconds, and then gets twice as load and lasts for 10 seconds. I have been noticing that the sound is getting loader and loader and lasts for longer intervals.

I don't have to turn the motor on for the sound to start. Its enough for me to turn the key so that all of the lights light up on the dash for the sound to come on, without the motor running.

Does anyone have any ideas?
i have the same buzzing issue started like a month ago
Old 11-07-11, 08:56 PM
nievjohn
Driver School Candidate

Well, a week later i found out what the problem was and fixed it thanks to this forum (but sadly not the thread that i started). The problem was with the cooling unit servo. The servo is not easy to change if you want to do it on your own but it is doable, you need lots of patients and the right tools, which i had. After I successfully changed it, the buzzing sound went away and the heat started working on both sides. Good luck!

The link to the DIY: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...vo-motors.html
Old 11-08-11, 10:48 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by nievjohn
The servo's are easy to change. you just need lots of patience
fixed......lol

but im with you, you def need some patience

BTW the only "special tool" you might need is a short stubby phillips head and they are available any parts place so not to hard to come by

Last edited by sakataj; 11-08-11 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-08-11, 11:04 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im glad the forums were able to narrow it down and help you get this repair done