GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Need Factory Radio Help - M/L

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-10, 04:46 PM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Factory Radio Help - M/L

I made a big mistake and not sure how to fix.

Stereo:
Factory Nav Headunit
MB Quart fronts on factory amp
MB Quart rears on Kicker amp
12" Sub on Kicker amp
Audio Control LLC

What happened. Working in the trunk listening to stereo when an unhooked wire came in contact with speaker wire going to M/L amp. Suddenly no sound. Checked radio fuse and it is fine. I can scroll through CD, FM, etc with no problems. I can even enter address on Nav and can hear the directions through the driver side speaker. What happened??? I have power to LLC and Kicker amp. I am hoping it is only a fuse, but not sure what else to check other than radio fuse.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 09-09-10, 05:41 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Bump...anyone???
Old 09-10-10, 12:22 PM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Last bump before I order a standard climate control and go aftermarket head unit. I hate to lose my M/L nav unit, but no tunes are killing me. If anyone knows of a fuse for the M/L amp other than the radio fuse at drivers foot rest. If not, guess I fried the amp
Old 09-11-10, 11:29 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Quick VR-4
Last bump before I order a standard climate control and go aftermarket head unit. I hate to lose my M/L nav unit, but no tunes are killing me. If anyone knows of a fuse for the M/L amp other than the radio fuse at drivers foot rest. If not, guess I fried the amp
even if you do that, you still wont have any tunes unless you go with a aftermarket amp....

i dont really know what else to offer you for advice on this except see if a local stereo shop can verify anything....is the amp powering on? also maybe try posting this is the audio section to get some results.

off topic,i forgot if your in clarksville or if your in chattanooga? i might be in a few weeks....wanna meet up if this is where your from?
Old 09-15-10, 09:12 PM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
even if you do that, you still wont have any tunes unless you go with a aftermarket amp....

i dont really know what else to offer you for advice on this except see if a local stereo shop can verify anything....is the amp powering on? also maybe try posting this is the audio section to get some results.

off topic,i forgot if your in clarksville or if your in chattanooga? i might be in a few weeks....wanna meet up if this is where your from?
Actually, I have been on an aftermarket amp along with the M/L. The amp powers on for a second and then cuts immediately off. I decided to wire the Audio Control LC6 pre-amp since it was no longer receiving an audio signal from the M/L amp. That worked, but I had no volume control on the factory radio It would play at one volume and that was it. So, I ordered a non-m/l climate control and putting a Kenwood DDX-7019 that I had lying around. Sucks I could not get around keeping the factory head unit, but oh well.

I am actually in Morristown which is 40 miles east of Knoxville.

Thanks for the response!!!
Old 09-15-10, 09:29 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

I am actually in Morristown which is 40 miles east of Knoxville.
wanna sell the screen/ML tape player?

so if i come to knoxville you wanna meet up?
Old 09-16-10, 08:31 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
wanna sell the screen/ML tape player?

so if i come to knoxville you wanna meet up?
Not interested in selling right now. I will probably send my M/L amp to the company in GA that rebuilds them and get it fixed (if possible). That way I can either go back to stock headunit if I do not like my current one or return it to stock when I go to sell it.

Just give me a date and time. My schedule has been crazy lately, but if I will be in the area around the same time we could get together.
Old 09-16-10, 08:49 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Not interested in selling right now. I will probably send my M/L amp to the company in GA that rebuilds them and get it fixed (if possible). That way I can either go back to stock headunit if I do not like my current one or return it to stock when I go to sell it.

Just give me a date and time. My schedule has been crazy lately, but if I will be in the area around the same time we could get together.
okie dokie, when i finalize my plans i will let you know.