GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Turned 20... MODS to come

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-10, 07:20 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

nice pics. What kind of sub is that and how does it sound?
Old 12-04-10, 07:23 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
nice pics. What kind of sub is that and how does it sound?
Its a West Coast Customs sub, and it sounds really good.
Old 12-04-10, 07:26 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

POST#240

has a few photoshoot pics, for those that missed it...
Old 12-04-10, 07:46 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good keep it up!
Old 12-04-10, 08:04 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MashinA
looks good keep it up!
Thanks

Few more pics (New thread will be made with more pics):

Old 12-04-10, 08:12 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Everything looks pretty good on the car man. I assume that everything is still running pretty well?
Old 12-04-10, 09:10 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Everything looks pretty good on the car man. I assume that everything is still running pretty well?
Yup drives perfectly

The response is really great, no problems with hesitation.

Just the cold start (took 6 seconds to start up, but this was the first start up in a week)... thanks for fixing it all up .
Old 12-04-10, 09:39 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

More pics in thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post5974924
Old 12-05-10, 01:31 PM
richie3888
Pole Position

Sorry to tell you this but I think you made a bad decision on spending all of your parents money like this. I'm pretty sure you spent more then 20k already on this car but I bet you would have a hard time selling it at half of that price.

I know it's a hobby. I know you're still young. In a couple years I know you will be looking back and asking yourself why did you spend all of that money into one thing.
Old 12-05-10, 03:54 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by richie3888
Sorry to tell you this but I think you made a bad decision on spending all of your parents money like this. I'm pretty sure you spent more then 20k already on this car but I bet you would have a hard time selling it at half of that price.

I know it's a hobby. I know you're still young. In a couple years I know you will be looking back and asking yourself why did you spend all of that money into one thing.
LOL I was about to comment on your thread.

I know in the long run, if one is worried about money it is a bad decision. Sure its an expensive hobby, but I can say for sure I aint selling this car.

Its not all parents money, say 60-70 % parents... 30% mine. But they did buy my car when I was 17 and helped with some mods but when I went overboard they sort of told me to make my own money. But they also helped with the engine build in terms of money...

Just this summer I spent more than 20 K easy....

Im not justifying my spending, since I know its something that will not come back to me.

I'll know more when I have family decisions to make.
Right now its just GS (most expensive), university, and other life expenses (totalling 15 K or less per year).

I think Im financial stable for now, since I do not need to worry about major things that mostly everyone has on their expense list.

But thanks for the advice, appreciate it.
Old 12-05-10, 06:57 PM
richie3888
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NVTHSLEX
LOL I was about to comment on your thread.

I know in the long run, if one is worried about money it is a bad decision. Sure its an expensive hobby, but I can say for sure I aint selling this car.

Its not all parents money, say 60-70 % parents... 30% mine. But they did buy my car when I was 17 and helped with some mods but when I went overboard they sort of told me to make my own money. But they also helped with the engine build in terms of money...

Just this summer I spent more than 20 K easy....

Im not justifying my spending, since I know its something that will not come back to me.

I'll know more when I have family decisions to make.
Right now its just GS (most expensive), university, and other life expenses (totalling 15 K or less per year).

I think Im financial stable for now, since I do not need to worry about major things that mostly everyone has on their expense list.

But thanks for the advice, appreciate it.
You're welcome. Your car has came along way since summer and Jeff's place. I use to say keep up with the good work haha but now.... I really don't know what to say anymore
Old 12-05-10, 07:52 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by richie3888
You're welcome. Your car has came along way since summer and Jeff's place. I use to say keep up with the good work haha but now.... I really don't know what to say anymore
Yea, that past summer is when everything really pushed forward in terms of expensive modifications... Now just have the interior left.

Yea, as you get older more things come into play. Life is what happens, enjoy it while you can...
Old 12-06-10, 09:08 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

nice....still rocking the old kit i see, its time for a new one did you ever get your air and stereo worked out?

man can only imagine what you paid to get jeff up to canada to tune your ride...

nice job man.
Old 12-06-10, 10:13 AM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sakataj
nice....still rocking the old kit i see, its time for a new one did you ever get your air and stereo worked out?

man can only imagine what you paid to get jeff up to canada to tune your ride...

nice job man.
LOL yea still the old kit, after the interior I'll go for the kit.

Shipping a kit from Japan or USA to Canada costs a lot... But I like the job design kit. Might go for that. Still looking at the thread speedaddic sent me with all the VIP kits.

Got to get the best over, and it was worth it. Response timing on throttle is amazing. But it was unfortunate that the new aem setup could not be done. I plan on having Jeff setup the new aem around March or whenever he has free time.

For the stereo, I had no problemsit just added amps to the airride draw. The airride amp draw will get solved with a high output alternator. Its a 180 amp alternator with 140 amp at idle.

I had the compressors on for 3 hours (duration of photoshoot) and the battery remained fully charged. There were times voltage went down, but it came back up once we drove to the next location.

Seeing I spent so much already on the car, might as well get it as electrically perfect as possible.
Wouldnt want the battery to die out, when I go out. Or when I am showin the airride off !!!

I have a few months to save and get parts before spring comes along. Winter months car stays garaged...

thanks
Old 12-06-10, 03:26 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

You had the compressors running for 3hours?

Did you ever get the second battery and isolator like we spoke of? (a few times) Alternator will help, but wont solve the problem if you keep running your compressors with your car off.

Quick Reply: Turned 20... MODS to come