GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

2nd Gen GS at SEMA 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-09, 07:27 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vertex GS3
Its called a Job Design Hybrid Series kit
thanks!! i believe this will flow well with my style. we'll see have to do some photoshopping
Old 11-07-09, 01:42 AM
blackgs17
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default black lex at sema

Hi i am the owner of the black GS at Sema. i just want to say thank you to the people that see a fellow GS owner trying to do something at a show that is dominated by new products and wild cars. to all the other haters i thank u also yes i know i need to camber the wheels and yes i need to lower it more but while u where looking at my car at Sema where was your car. i am sick of HATERS everyone fixes there car up in different ways. oh thanks also to the person with the silver GS even though you have a stock car with exhaust. people please tell me when is tint and de-badgeing a mod lol. like i said i am trying and i tried something different thats how i am. once again thank you for your comments don't be a hater all your life.
Old 11-07-09, 03:01 AM
geeznuts
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
It's still nice to see these cars making SEMA

now thats the attitude were looking for good job guys! I wish I could get one of my cars in Sema, oh well one day when I actually finish them lol
Old 11-07-09, 06:36 AM
Sceptre
Pole Position

Originally Posted by blackgs17
Hi i am the owner of the black GS at Sema. i just want to say thank you to the people that see a fellow GS owner trying to do something at a show that is dominated by new products and wild cars. to all the other haters i thank u also yes i know i need to camber the wheels and yes i need to lower it more but while u where looking at my car at Sema where was your car. i am sick of HATERS everyone fixes there car up in different ways. oh thanks also to the person with the silver GS even though you have a stock car with exhaust. people please tell me when is tint and de-badgeing a mod lol. like i said i am trying and i tried something different thats how i am. once again thank you for your comments don't be a hater all your life.
It's all good. Everyone is entitled to their own taste in mods and opinions. I give you props for showing your car but you do realize that when you put your ride out there there are going to be positive and negative comments. If you can't take the comments then you should not be showing.

Anyways . . . . Here is something else to talk about. . . LFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best car there (IMO) - Stock LFA except I'm not a huge fan of the matte black paint job.

Old 11-07-09, 07:10 AM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No hating here , I just think before you show a car at sema every lil detail counts and like I said before, fitment is everything if your trying to push the VIP envelope . Sorry if we hurt your feelings but wouldnt you rather hear the truth , And I would never W-**** my car out with all those decals

Last edited by phillygs3; 11-07-09 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-07-09, 07:59 AM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Everyone on here gets their car judged, man. I know its hard not to take it personally, but no hard feelings, man. On a positive note, you wanna be proud of that car, so use the feedback to maybe inspire a few changes you can be proud of! You do have a tasteful body kit, sweet headlights...some new wheels, ditch the decals and hood ornament and you're on your way!!
Old 11-07-09, 12:04 PM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ black GS outside.
Congrats, on your car making the cut for Sema. The decals are probably on your car are for the partial or full sponsorship agreements. I was an exhibitor a few years ago, so I know how it works. Usually Sema week is a place where the best cars and products are showcased for everyone to see. This year I noticed less vendors on display and the quality of cars are not that great.

I understand some of the comments are a lil' brash. Were not trying to be haters, people here are just giving their honest opinions of you car. Imo, alot of money and parts cannot make a car "Sema worthy". Things have to be thought out and planned. Use the criticism in a positive way and run with it. But if you like your car the way it is, then forget what ppl say.

Last edited by /209JOHN\; 11-07-09 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-08-09, 10:24 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Matte black is showing up everywhere, but I still like it on the LF.
Old 11-08-09, 11:35 AM
vipjason
Lead Lap

god damnnn. flat blk lfa looks hella sick
Old 11-08-09, 02:25 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

crzy lf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-09, 06:21 PM
blackgs17
Driver School Candidate

thank you for all your comments and some of you are rite in what you said. i will change it up just alittle i hear what you guys r saying and understand. stay tuned i have something in the works. oh and yes the stickers where for the sponsers. thanks once again.
Old 11-08-09, 09:38 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

THe silver GS with the quad exaust looks pretty good..
Old 11-09-09, 10:36 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thank you for all your comments and some of you are rite in what you said. i will change it up just alittle i hear what you guys r saying and understand. stay tuned i have something in the works. oh and yes the stickers where for the sponsers. thanks once again.
Welcome to CL. I am glad you are taking in the opinions in stride. There will always be people who agree and disagree with your taste.

Now that you are here, why not use CL as a sounding board for your plans. Use the broad experience of the members here, some of whom have "been there, done that" many times over. You can then use the opinions (positive and negative) that you like and ignore the others. It is a good way to get ideas before spending all the $.

Good luck.
Old 11-09-09, 11:58 AM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

SEMA 2009 was the first time that SEMA allowed personal car owners to purchase their way into the show due to the lack of vendors showing this year. anyone who went to the show this year and years past know the huge difference in size and space that was used, and a lot of people purchased entrance for their cars as opposed to being brought by companies sponsoring them. that being said i was really feeling the look and quality of quite a few of the cars at SEMA this year including the few 2 GS' that were there. going to a show like that you expect to see amazing cars with the overall package done to the car with excellent craftsmanship and innovative ideas.
it seems that this year SEMA was trying to make funds and fill space where they could and so the quality of some of the cars were that of a local car show.

blackgs17 - you should be proud that you car was there whether it was paid by a sponsor or you paid for it yourself because you were a part of SEMA. that being said everyone is entitled to their opinion on mods and when you show it off you have to be ready to take criticism good and bad. there were some great things about your car (a clean kit and nice wheels), and there were some bad things, (no exhaust pipes, cracking fenders where pulled). i am not a personal fan of the hood emblem on the GS but if you are then more power to you. the complete package isnt something that was really my cup of tea but it did get a lot of exposure because your car was front and center. so there should be a lot of good pics of it.

as for the job design GS's i am not really a huge fan of the direction that some of the new VIP companies are going with the sporty kits and the flares and what not. to each their own but its starting to remind me of late 90's shogun kits and what not. they did have airrunner suspension which layed them on the ground which was great to see. however wasnt really a fan of the carbon fiber hoods that were painted or the mismatched carbon grills. I think that the rear end of the silver GS looked pretty tacky with the unpainted carbon fiber license plate garnish, clear inner tails and regular outer tails. the IS-F exhausts are starting to grow on me a little on the 2GS, but overall i was a little disappointed with the 2GS showing this year.

the IS's came out hard and did a great job.
some of the most vip or vip styled cars i saw there were.
a couple of the IS's, the Estima(Previa) from norcal, and surprisingly the vip styled subaru legacy GT had some things i liked as well.

but to me the showstoppers were obviously the LFA and the Toyota Alphard van which Airrunner brought from japan which was wrapped in red leather with Wald Portofino's!

sorry if some of what i said comes off as hating. its just my opinion.
Old 11-09-09, 12:01 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Sceptre
It's all good. Everyone is entitled to their own taste in mods and opinions. I give you props for showing your car but you do realize that when you put your ride out there there are going to be positive and negative comments. If you can't take the comments then you should not be showing.

Anyways . . . . Here is something else to talk about. . . LFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best car there (IMO) - Stock LFA except I'm not a huge fan of the matte black paint job.

im a huge fan of this matte.....oh yeah PLUS the car lol

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen GS at SEMA 2009