ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-2nd-gen-1998-2005-184/)
-   -   GunMetal Interior Project completed (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-2nd-gen-1998-2005/45191-gunmetal-interior-project-completed.html)

Manaray 04-20-02 04:30 AM

Look good bro! Who knows, maybe the 2004 GS will have a "SportDesign II" model where they can rip off another ClubLexus DIY (like the chrome grille!) hehehehehe! :)

dipstick 04-20-02 08:34 PM

Really sharp looking work, Globe. BTW, I was passing the Lexus dealer today and saw a new GS300 in the same color = a dark gunmetal gray. Very, very good color on the GS.

GlobeCLK 04-20-02 09:06 PM

Originally posted by dipstick
Really sharp looking work, Globe. BTW, I was passing the Lexus dealer today and saw a new GS300 in the same color = a dark gunmetal gray. Very, very good color on the GS.
yeah that gunmetal gray is a sweet color :D

Iceman 04-21-02 10:49 AM

I think that's the nicest, most professional looking "mod" I've ever seen. Very classy and it looks like it's always been that way! I, too, wish that was an option from the factory (I'm way too scared to do something like that myself!).

Is your GS also the one with the "painted over" center tail lights?

GlobeCLK 04-21-02 10:53 AM

Originally posted by Iceman
I think that's the nicest, most professional looking "mod" I've ever seen. Very classy and it looks like it's always been that way! I, too, wish that was an option from the factory (I'm way too scared to do something like that myself!).

Is your GS also the one with the "painted over" center tail lights?

thanks man. Poor student --> DIY --> some weird ideas :D

Yes I HAD the painted over center taillights. They were painted with the semi-transparent silver paint so when I step on the brake the light lights up 100%, and when I don't step on the brake it's just 100% silver.

But I ripped it off. It made the rear way too fat. And I prefer the quad design. :cool:

Richie 04-21-02 12:39 PM

Originally posted by GlobeCLK

thanks man. Poor student --> DIY --> some weird ideas :D

Yes I HAD the painted over center taillights. They were painted with the semi-transparent silver paint so when I step on the brake the light lights up 100%, and when I don't step on the brake it's just 100% silver.

But I ripped it off. It made the rear way too fat. And I prefer the quad design. :cool:

Globe, do you have pics of those silver rear lights??

GlobeCLK 04-21-02 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Richie

Globe, do you have pics of those silver rear lights??

This is the pic from long time ago when I had it.

Richie 04-21-02 01:31 PM

Originally posted by GlobeCLK

This is the pic from long time ago when I had it.

Thanks for the pic Globe, it looks cool but indeed makes the rear look a bit wide.
Is that special paint you bought at the paint shop?

JAC JZS 04-21-02 01:34 PM

The gunmetal int. looks good Globe.

CSHFLW 04-21-02 04:13 PM

I was going to do this too but desided that then the car really would turn into a civic....I mean, body kits, taillights, wheels, race type stuff, when it's really a luxury car, and you don't want to loose that.

CamRen 04-21-02 04:37 PM

Originally posted by CSHFLW
I was going to do this too but desided that then the car really would turn into a civic....I mean, body kits, taillights, wheels, race type stuff, when it's really a luxury car, and you don't want to loose that.
WoW....

wutta diss

GlobeCLK 04-21-02 06:31 PM

richie: it's a special paint that you can get at japanese car parts shops. However it's like 22 dollars for a small can, just enough for the 2 inner lights :eek:

Originally posted by CSHFLW

the trim or the silver taillight?

CamRen 04-21-02 06:56 PM

i dont get it... Are you saying the silver taillights look like a guy with a civic would do then i guess we all prolly have the same opinion on that....but....

if you meant the interior was sumthin a person with a civic (ricer) would do then read on:

supras, skylines, nsx, evo lancer, silvia s15, rx7, mr2 tt Are all imports.... They get very highly modded performance wise have alotta custom graphic's.. custom interior... ETC.... And you do know that skylines are made in 4door also. Lexus is also a Japanesse import... and we do modify it too..... its a Luxury Sports sedan..... But Not a PURE luxury car... Its made so you can enjoy the luxury+performance+style at the same time....
if you want pure luxury get a LS430 or a S500 or a Bently.

if your see a highly modded Skyline....
Would you say "look theres another civic"??

if you would... Man... go and get a mustang or something.

dipstick 04-21-02 08:15 PM

Globe, what is the spoiler you had on the car when you took the pic with painted over lights? That's the look I want, but can't locate a source. Steve Ganz is trying also. Thanks for any info.

GlobeCLK 04-21-02 09:39 PM

Originally posted by dipstick
Globe, what is the spoiler you had on the car when you took the pic with painted over lights? That's the look I want, but can't locate a source. Steve Ganz is trying also. Thanks for any info.
the spoiler is the same spoiler that I have now. It's the Revolution spoiler (Win.Racing lookalike. I'm not going to say it's real Win.Racing like someone else even tho everyone knows it's fake). You can get it from Sprewell Racing or Carisma Autotec, and probably some other shops too. Or you can get the real Win.Racing spoiler, but IMO the Revolution spoiler fits very nice. So just get Revo and save couple hundred :D