GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

P0763 Shift Solenoid Fixed..

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-17, 05:10 AM
AndyH101
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Fault code but flashing ETC/POWER light

Hi been looking at the thread for a while and cant find out what is causing mine to flash, We've plugged it into a OBD connecter and went into the cars ECU couldn't find a code coming up anywhere, Been lexus and had them do a full gearbox oil and filter change and the problem is still there. The car doesn't drop down and rev past 3k anymore on its own. Any clue what it might be seeing that its not throwing up codes?
Old 08-29-17, 07:18 AM
russovi
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AndyH101
Hi been looking at the thread for a while and cant find out what is causing mine to flash, We've plugged it into a OBD connecter and went into the cars ECU couldn't find a code coming up anywhere, Been lexus and had them do a full gearbox oil and filter change and the problem is still there. The car doesn't drop down and rev past 3k anymore on its own. Any clue what it might be seeing that its not throwing up codes?
It could be something in the ECU? If you have access to a friends, swap and see if the same thing occurs.
Old 08-29-17, 09:00 AM
russovi
Driver School Candidate

Wow. Unbelievable the amount of good advice on here already. I had the same problem..P0763 diagnostic code.
Here's what worked for me:

- 2qts Toyota T-IV ATF
- Toyota sealant
-multimeter

Drop the pan, set the multimeter to Ohms, and PROBE lol. One solenoid had zero resistance. The rest were 13-15 ohms. I'm not going to buy a solenoid from the stealership for $400, because I'm trying to procure an entire parts car for 500. So I cleaned the sensor with brake cleaner and noticed when I moved the pin inside the black connector, the reading would fluctuate on the ohm meter. Clearly there was a disconnected/broken contact inside the coil of the solenoid. But I was lucky enough to find "the right spot". It was holding steady at 14.2 ohms. I re-installed the solenoid, used Toyota sealant on the pan (after razor blading the pan and trans), and bolted it back up. Voila. All gears work.
Old 08-31-17, 11:23 PM
bruceb58
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by russovi
I re-installed the solenoid, used Toyota sealant on the pan (after razor blading the pan and trans), and bolted it back up. Voila. All gears work.
Mine was intermittent...it will come back. Bite the bullet and buy the solenoid.
Old 09-01-17, 05:40 AM
russovi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bruceb58
Mine was intermittent...it will come back. Bite the bullet and buy the solenoid.

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows. For me, this is a temp solution as I'm trying to procure an entire parts car for the price of one solenoid at the stealership. I'll have plenty of parts for sale soon when that happens.
Old 09-09-17, 09:24 AM
AndyH101
Driver School Candidate

Default Fixed today

So today me and my dad had a go at fixing the issue of the flashing etc/power light, We went in totally blind without evening knowing what the fault code was as we couldn't seem to find it with the OBD connecter. Just showed us that there were no faults with the car. With the help of the thread we had a good idea what we were up against, We had a complete second hand gearbox off another car if we needed to change anything at the ready, ''good job you can buy a complete GS300 in the uk for £400 lol'' So we dropped the sump and started to probe around on each solenoid, didn't take us long to find the culprit, and suprise suprise it was solenoid 3 that gave no resistance, So we checked the one off the spare gearbox we had and it was a steady 14 ohm's. I quick swap and a turn of the igniton and the flashing light has now gone, The car pulls and drives perfect as it should. Very simple job in the end after reading this thread. Thanks to everyone who put there input I couldn't have done this without you all.

Last edited by AndyH101; 09-09-17 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-12-18, 12:15 PM
Saurael
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by giolex300
Hey bro...on the pic above which solenoid was "c"
Hey i've been up and down this forum looking for the right part for this same exact issue most people on here have referenced to measure the voltage but im looking to confirm if this part is exactly interchangeable with the other solendoids? I would rather get it done right the first time and not have to pry this thing open again.

https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...html?_sm_nck=1

Old 10-12-18, 12:53 PM
wbmx1981
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Saurael
Hey i've been up and down this forum looking for the right part for this same exact issue most people on here have referenced to measure the voltage but im looking to confirm if this part is exactly interchangeable with the other solendoids? I would rather get it done right the first time and not have to pry this thing open again.

https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...html?_sm_nck=1
Part Number 35230-30010
Old 10-12-18, 02:48 PM
KevinLex11
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As wbmx1981 states, its 35230-30010. I just replaced mine this week, I bought mine on ebay for 160.

However, with the website your using it would be this one.

https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...odel=&Filter=()
Old 10-12-18, 04:51 PM
Saurael
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KevinLex11
As wbmx1981 states, its 35230-30010. I just replaced mine this week, I bought mine on ebay for 160.

However, with the website your using it would be this one.

https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...odel=&Filter=()
Thanks. I'm happy you said you got yours from eBay too I just bought mine from eBay as well from jdm planet for 165 couldn't pass up that huge discount.
Old 10-12-18, 07:39 PM
wbmx1981
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Saurael
Thanks. I'm happy you said you got yours from eBay too I just bought mine from eBay as well from jdm planet for 165 couldn't pass up that huge discount.
Once you drop the transmission pan and remove the filter its staring right at you. While you’re in there clean the magnets in the pan. Use the Toyota goo to make the gasket. Good as gold and never worry about it again as long as the part is OE.
Old 03-25-19, 10:28 PM
BlkRussian
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How's it going BombSquad? You actually started a very helpful thread which helped a lot of people. I have a issue though because I changed out my solenoid which was solenoid C the same as yours but I bent the inner piece that the solenoid connects to and broke the plastic casing that it snaps into. The code 0763 never went away and I was wondering if it had to due with the wire harness that goes into the ECU.
The following users liked this post:
Royblackmore (09-04-23)
Old 03-26-19, 06:26 PM
AmyUD06
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

The FSM indicates three possible causes of that code:
1. Bad solenoid
2. Bad harness
3. Bad ECU.
Old 07-25-19, 12:13 PM
NinaBoy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jasonshug
Yes, I'm serious. I found my answer As to which one is C (3). And that wasn't the correct answer. I removed the 3(C) one that I was told was 3(C) and replaced it and it works fine. So yes, there is a direct answer as to which one is specifically the 3(C) solenoid
so which one is it ?
Old 07-25-19, 04:03 PM
firelizard
Forum Moderator

Received 459 Likes on 363 Posts

You stopped reading too soon, homie. The answers are above you in this thread. Diagrams, part numbers, pages from the factory service manual, diagnosis procedures, photographs...

Last edited by firelizard; 07-25-19 at 04:06 PM.

Quick Reply: P0763 Shift Solenoid Fixed..