GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

2 tickets in 2 days for being, and i quote, "gangsta!"...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-08, 05:57 PM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry 2 tickets in 2 days for being, and i quote, "gangsta!"...

Time to vent....

I haven't driven her in about 2 months since getting painted. And the 2 days i do drive her i get 2 tickets!!!!!

Cliffnotes....

Monday- long beach PD
I roll down my windows right before he passes by me going the opposite way... but i guess it was too late cuz he made a quick u-turn. He was pretty cool though. He gave me a choice, fix-it ticket for my tint or tickets for no brake light (right side), "modified" exhaust, no front plate, and cracked windshield. Obviously i picked the tint ticket.

We started chatting a bit while he was writing me up and he said, "this is a bad neighborhood (eastside long beach) and your car just looked gangsta." hahaha yea he said "STA" not "ster".....

Tuesday - CHP (she was a B*****!!!)
91 east bound. im on cruise control going 65mph on the slow lane. She passes me on the fast lane.... cuts 4 lanes to the right shoulder, slows down, waits for me to pass her, then gets on my a$$$.... WTF right?!?!?!

She says, "I'm citing you for the "modified" exhaust, no front plates, and tint." (i guess she didn't see the brake light and windshield)

I say, "But i just got a ticket for my tint yesterday..."

And she replies,"Good... Now i just have to write you up for the exhaust and plates."

She was nothing but attitude so i just keep my mouth shut at this point. Then she says, "you know... i wouldn't have noticed you if your car wasn't so gangster." okay so she said gangSTER not "sta"... but still.... i had to bite my tongue trying not to laugh.... what are the chances of that?!!!!! Do all law enforcement agencies get the same MEMO???

So you guys tell me.... is my car "gangsta!" hahaha i never got pulled over when she was silver..... with the same exhaust, cracked windshield, and no plates.

And before some of you guys start lecturing me... yes i probably was asking for it.... and yessss i will be fixing these issues and removing the tint. (for a lighter shade after signing it off of course )

sorry for the **** poor photos....

should have just driven "penny".... my beater civic in the background.

maybe they were both BMW owners....

I might put her back to stock and sell the exhaust, rims, tails, visors, and my tte lip (not pictured)... maybe. gimme a few days to think about it. So keep an eye out on the MARKETPLACE if you're interested in anything.

Last edited by BMwhat?; 11-25-08 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-25-08, 06:07 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gangsta watch ya self.. gangsta show me whatcha workn wit!!!
Old 11-25-08, 06:08 PM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BMwhat?
Do all law enforcement agencies get the same MEMO???

I might put her back to stock and sell the exhaust, rims, tails, visors, and my tte lip (not pictured)... maybe. gimme a few days to think about it. So keep an eye out on the MARKETPLACE if you're interested in anything.
LOL HAHAHAHAHA.... wow... so this is what happens when the pale arm of the law watches too much BET. How loud is your exhaust btw? If you ask me, just lighten the tint in the front to 20 or 35% but other than that f#ck it! I'm just a person of principle, if my car/happiness means pissing off a few hater cops here and there then I'll just pay the tickets and be more weary. Nothing pisses them off more when you don't give a sh.t about the tickets

After driving my 98 max which had 20% all around and 50% on the windshield, you couldn't see jack. I learned quickly how to look for cop cars (sometimes miles ahead on a flat road/highway) and compensate my speed/wind down my windows/ease off the gas -to quiet her down. Sometimes you gotta pay to play, & it's so much more fun when you know how to be a good player

Last edited by retrospexo; 11-25-08 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-25-08, 06:13 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

minus the wheels, thats is exactly how I want my car!
If I can just fine someone to paint the chrome trim around the window....
did you just have the body shop paint over the chrome trim??
Old 11-25-08, 06:15 PM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by handoverfi
gangsta watch ya self.. gangsta show me whatcha workn wit!!!
tryin to catch me RYDIN DURTY!!!!

Originally Posted by retrospexo
LOL HAHAHAHAHA.... wow... so this is what happens when the pale arm of the law watches too much BET. How loud is your exhaust btw? If you ask me, just lighten the tint in the front to 20 or 35% but other than that f#ck it! I'm just a person of principle, if my car/happiness means pissing off a few hater cops here and there then I'll just pay the tickets and be more weary. Nothing pisses them off more when you don't give a sh.t about the tickets

After driving my 98 max which had 20% all around and 50% on the windshield, you couldn't see jack. I learned quickly how to look for cop cars (sometimes miles ahead on a flat road/highway) and compensate my speed/wind down my windows/ease off the gas -to quiet her down. Sometimes you gotta pay to play, but it's so much more fun when you know how to play well
the fronts are already 35%.... i think. maybe 20. but the rears are LIMO. is that 15%???

My HKS are not loud at all... little bit louder thann the g35's and Z's. im taking it to a ref to prove its not over 95 decibals (spellcheck). Oh yes my friend, Im fighting this one just because that cop was such a b****!!!!
Old 11-25-08, 06:25 PM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BMwhat?
the fronts are already 35%.... i think. maybe 20. but the rears are LIMO. is that 15%???

My HKS are not loud at all... little bit louder thann the g35's and Z's. im taking it to a ref to prove its not over 95 decibals (spellcheck). Oh yes my friend, Im fighting this one just because that cop was such a b****!!!!

Limo for the most part is ~5% tint. I doubt the law is different there, but you can go as dark as you want on the 3 rear windows. It's the front 3 that they'll break your ball with. If you have 35% already, I wouldn't touch it... unless you want to try 2 layers of 50%, but don't take my word for it. And fight that b%tch to the end! lol... when you plea not guilty, pick a date that's right before a holiday or something, make her court date just as miserable as yours!! lol
Old 11-25-08, 06:25 PM
platinumac
Rookie

kinda looks like civicish, far from gangster? IMO lol..?
Old 11-25-08, 06:27 PM
CPMD
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice car!!!
Old 11-25-08, 06:29 PM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by platinumac
kinda looks like civicish, far from gangster? IMO lol..?
i guess the more common term for his look would be "murdered out" but a cop can't really say that and not look like douchebag, it would imply they follow the car scene to an extent where they're a fan, plus the use of "murder" out of context. so, imo, they say the next best generalization they can use to hold themselves higher than you (i.e. gangster/sta).
Old 11-25-08, 06:40 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

hahah yes that car is gangSTA
Old 11-25-08, 06:43 PM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
minus the wheels, thats is exactly how I want my car!
If I can just fine someone to paint the chrome trim around the window....
did you just have the body shop paint over the chrome trim??

yea the body shop painted over all of the chrome. im sure any decent body shop in your area can do this for you too. shouldn't be too much $.
Old 11-25-08, 06:54 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Where was this :shudder:
exactly in LB?
Old 11-25-08, 06:58 PM
jspecdan
Lexus Test Driver

she's definitely gangsta
Old 11-25-08, 07:01 PM
racinjasin
Driver School Candidate

I love the G ride
Old 11-25-08, 07:13 PM
dRo15
Lexus Test Driver

Yup, the local 5 O got the memo. You in Long Beach. What did you expect.

The all black theme is an eye catcher. You should smoke those amber bumper lights.

Quick Reply: 2 tickets in 2 days for being, and i quote, "gangsta!"...