GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

gs projector headlight where can i buy it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-08, 11:59 AM
lolololol
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gs projector headlight where can i buy it?

my friends always say "no projector no HID." cuz i will buy a GS400/430 in this spring i am looking for projector headlight, i only found 3 kinds (two are on ebay(smoke & clear) other one is a blue GS in here) i like the blue gs one,where can i buy it? how much will be?

if anyone bought the ebay one,would u show me the pics?

also where can i buy roof spoiler for GS(can't find on ebay)

thanks. lol
Old 01-26-08, 12:13 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there's a beautiful set of properlly done headlights for sale in the classifieds.
Old 01-26-08, 12:28 PM
lolololol
Rookie

thanks would u give me the link?

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/data//501/front1.JPG

this is the one i want. so sexy

also where can i buy roof spoiler i searched on ebay no one has it. thanks

lol

Last edited by lolololol; 01-26-08 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-26-08, 12:55 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
there's a beautiful set of properlly done headlights for sale in the classifieds.
Originally Posted by lolololol
thanks would u give me the link?

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/data//501/front1.JPG

this is the one i want. so sexy

also where can i buy roof spoiler i searched on ebay no one has it. thanks

lol

and stop looking for parts on eBay
Old 01-26-08, 01:31 PM
Olu
Pole Position

To be fair, there are several headlights for sale in the classified.

The blue Lexus you like has retrofitted projectors in them. Basically someone took the projectors from an Infinity Q45 and fit them into the light housing of the GS. These are pretty expensive. Advanced Automotive Concepts does Q45 retrofits. It can be quite pricey.

There's one pair (damaged) for sale at this link Not a bad deal. The projector alone goes for over $200

You can also try and contact member JnC. He had a set of Q45 projectors and he knows how to retrofit them. Provide him with some headlights and you're good to go.

Personally, I think if you're going to go the retrofit route, get a set of LS430 projectors.

This is a picture of JnC's lights, but I just had the same set done on my headlights and the light output is unreal!
Old 01-26-08, 02:05 PM
slammedTT
Driver

yeah I have a set of ls430's waiting to get retro'd in too
Old 01-26-08, 03:07 PM
Olu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by slammedTT
yeah I have a set of ls430's waiting to get retro'd in too
Well worth the wait. AAC did them for me for under $300.

Quick dirty pics done tonight

Old 01-26-08, 03:23 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is that 300 + parts + shipping???
Old 01-26-08, 03:44 PM
kit cat

Even if you do supply your own parts, that seems pretty fair. I wanna try this on my own though.
Old 01-26-08, 04:27 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

my friends always say "no projector no HID." cuz i will buy a GS400/430 in this spring i am looking for projector headlight, i only found 3 kinds (two are on ebay(smoke & clear) other one is a blue GS in here) i like the blue gs one,where can i buy it? how much will be?

if anyone bought the ebay one,would u show me the pics?

also where can i buy roof spoiler for GS(can't find on ebay)

thanks. lol
What does your friend mean by "no projector no HID"? You don't need projectors to have HID's.

If you would like to go with the projector route, as such the other members have posted, you will need to find a set of projectors (Q45, LS430, etc.) and have them retrofitted into your GS headlight housing. You will either have to do this yourself or get someone to do them for you. BTW, this doesn't mean you have HID's. This just give you projectors. You will have to purchase the HID's if your car doesn't have them already.

As for Advanced Automotive Concepts, I've heard some iffy things about them. I'm glad it worked out for a few members but I've read some complaints about AAC so becareful what you do.

Second, if you're going to purchase your headlights from ebay, do your research first. There was a member who purchased a set from ebay and he seems to be satisfied with it and honestly, I can't say it looks too bad. Not my cup of tea but it's your ride. You might get flamed for getting ebay projectors but you make the decisions on your car.

As for roof spoilers, you might want to try l-tunedparts.com. They have a number of parts for the 2nd GEN GS. I might be wrong but the UGO roof spoiler may be discontinued. I'm not sure so check for yourself or if someone could chime in, that'd be great.

Here are my Q45 projectors:

Old 01-26-08, 06:51 PM
lolololol
Rookie

hi Brian i like ur headlight that is so cool.

i am not very into ebay one cuz the angel eyes.

about"no projector no HID" means ppl who use HID on non-projector headlight just don't care other ppl(looks like blue headlight, lots of cheap civic accord do that)

i like GS and i really wanna ur headlight where can i buy it? do i need to buy the q45 headlight first? who can do it, someone in LA, ca?

i like my e46,but i need grow up car now. gs is perfect.

Old 01-26-08, 07:24 PM
kit cat

hi Brian

i like GS and i really wanna ur headlight where can i buy it? do i need to buy the q45 headlight first? who can do it, someone in LA, ca?
dude, he just answered all that in the previous post.

and you might want to look into something called a "signature".
Old 01-26-08, 07:32 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

hi Brian i like ur headlight that is so cool.

i am not very into ebay one cuz the angel eyes.

about"no projector no HID" means ppl who use HID on non-projector headlight just don't care other ppl(looks like blue headlight, lots of cheap civic accord do that)

i like my e46,but i need grow up car now. gs is perfect.

Thank you.

If you're not into the ebay projectors, then you shouldn't go for them. Go for something you like and get it done right the first time.

In terms of no projector, no hid, I have to disagree. Yes, there are many ricer owners that have purple HID's but that doesn't necessarily have to be the case for your GS.

You can get the 6000k HID's for slight bluish tint or stick with the 4300k's and have pure white. You don't have to get the 8000-10000k HID's and have purple headlights.

There's nothing wrong with having HID's in non-projector headlights. If you do it right and it looks good, there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, you could spend your money going all HID in both your headlights and your fogs. That would look very good also. Don't think that projectors are a must.

In terms of the Q45's, you'll have to find the projectors themselves. Make sure they're not some knockoff's because recently there have been knockoff Q45 projectors on ebay so becareful. Find the JDM projectors (on ebay or in some junkyard if you can salvage them) and you'll have to get them retrofitted.

You can do it yourself if you know how. You can also look up the DIY (do it yourself) directions here on CL. Use the search function to find the DIY thread and there should be fairly detailed directions on how to do the retrofit.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, you can always try AAC. I've already told you that I've heard some iffy things about them but since there is a member here that already responded saying he's had a good experience with them, you can give AAC a try. It's up to you.

Goodluck with the retro!
Old 01-26-08, 07:39 PM
Olu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Solo_D33A
is that 300 + parts + shipping???
No $300 labor. I supplied the LS430 projectors ($315) and the headlights.

As for the Ebay projectors. Here's a pic on my car before I went the retrofit route. I disconnected the Halos but wasn't happy with the shape of the cutoff.

Old 01-26-08, 07:53 PM
Olu
Pole Position

I'll have to agree with your friend about no projector no HID.

There's a thread currently going on about this HID Thread

Basically stock halogen bowls are not made for HID and WILL cause more glare to un-coming traffic. How much depends on how you have them aimed and color of your bulbs. I've been there with 5000K bulbs. I hated the glare and had the lights pointed down so low it defeated the purpose of HIDs in the 1st place. If you want HID go retrofit and you won't be disappointed. Don't do what I did and go from stock to ebay to retrofit.

Cheers

Quick Reply: gs projector headlight where can i buy it?