GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Blessed to be Alive!! GS totalled with PICS!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-07, 07:03 AM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blessed to be Alive!! GS totalled with PICS!!

Sunday morning around 3AM, my brother was involved in a pretty serious car accident. He was on his way back from a party and was text messaging at the same time he was driving when he hit the center median on the left and snatched the wheel , the car jumped the sidewalk on the right and slid through 2 yards knocking down all the mailboxes, it then struck a storm drain where the car went airborn and struck a telephone pole. They were so lucky to be able to climb from the car..Neither the he nor his friend remember calling anyone or crawling out the car. when EMS arrived my brother was sitting on the curb holding his head and his friend was unconcious. My brother went to the hospital where he underwent a blood transfussion for the amount of clood he lost and surgery last night to close up some pretty deep face and head lacerations. His friend left the hospital with not a scratch or bruise. These two were truly blessed to still be here. Alcohol may have been also been a contributing factor...Here are some pics of the car I took with my sorry a$$ camera phone......Please leave the text messaging for when you are not driving an automobile because the outcome could have been way worst!!

Last edited by ICEBERGS; 11-12-07 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-12-07, 07:51 AM
nsf0607
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ICEBERGS sorry to hear about your brother's wreck, but glad to know that he will be okay. Driving by itself takes 100% of our concentration anything else will be an impediment. We all need to be very careful out on the road. I wish your brother and his friend well and a speedy recovery.
Old 11-12-07, 08:12 AM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nsf0607
ICEBERGS sorry to hear about your brother's wreck, but glad to know that he will be okay. Driving by itself takes 100% of our concentration anything else will be an impediment. We all need to be very careful out on the road. I wish your brother and his friend well and a speedy recovery.
Thanks for the kind words...they are going to be sore for a few days...but God was with them so they have a lot to be thankful for!!!!
Old 11-12-07, 08:33 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

WOW, Glad to hear they are both OK. Driving requires a persons full attention, driving at 3AM after a party requires extra concentration. Hes lucky he does not have to live with the weight of his friend or anyone else dying due to his mistake.
Old 11-12-07, 08:43 AM
olddog
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OH MY GOD....
look at that car. thank God no one died. that car is finished.
thank God.
Old 11-12-07, 08:50 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Glad he and his friends are safe. Good wisdom you offer as well
Old 11-12-07, 09:06 AM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

Thanks guys, I just got off the phone with him and he said that he severed a main artery in his temple and that it had to be tied off before sticthing him back up. The Dr. sd that he would have bleed to death if he would have been unconcious or if no one came across the accident..good thing he was able to crawl our of the car and call someone on his cell...This should be evidence enough to show people that text messaging or alcohol can be a very deadly thing...so to everyone be safe and wait until you get to your destintanation to text because its just not worth it!!
Old 11-12-07, 09:13 AM
cpone
There can only be One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OHH MY GOD!
WOW man your brother is VERY lucky to be alive.
I am assuming he had his seat belt on as well.
That may have been what prevented him from being ejected from the car.
I will pray for your brothers speedy recovery.
Old 11-12-07, 09:21 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad they are both going to be ok and that no one else was injured or killed!
Talking on a cell while driving is distracting enough, but texting while driving? You're using both hands, you're not concentrating on what's around you, and your eyes are off the road too. If you think about it, that about equivalent to putting both hands behind your head, leaning back and closing your eyes for a nap while driving. Not a good idea.

Last edited by Lexucan; 11-12-07 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-12-07, 09:22 AM
Downfall75
Lead Lap

Your brother is very lucky. I had a similar accident in my family where my sister crashed into an electrical pole. Thank God the car had plastic door handles, otherwise I wouldn't know what would've happened.
Old 11-12-07, 09:27 AM
hurricane
Lead Lap

wow forget the car ..thank god they alive and god bless .. lotta people dont walk away from these kind of accidents
Old 11-12-07, 09:45 AM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

Blessed to be alive indeed.... Hope your brother has a speedy recovery.
Old 11-12-07, 10:28 AM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

From looking at those pictures and reading your post your bro is real lucky to be alive. Its kind of freaky looking those pictures, fatality could of been worst. Save the texting when you come to a red light ppl. Wish em all a speedy recovery.
Old 11-12-07, 11:47 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

sorry to hear about your bro. GOD still give them another reason why they have to be thankful in this THANKSGIVING season.....

hope they will get well really soon...

Last edited by masboy; 11-12-07 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-12-07, 12:22 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Luck was definitely on his side that night. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Texting + Driving = Disaster!!!

Quick Reply: Blessed to be Alive!! GS totalled with PICS!!