GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Another Soccer mom gets another one of us!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-07, 12:19 AM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another Soccer mom gets another one of us!!

Walking out for lunch from the office I walk past a GS300 kinda like mine. I knew it couldn't be mine, there was a dent on the drivers side corner of the bumper. So in search of my car I hit the remote to hear the beep. And the only car that beeped....was that car with the effed up bumper. No note on the windshield either. Just a hub cap from a FORD truck of some sort.

Now I'm peeeyaaased!!! I just made the third payment and now someone wants to do a hit and get out like Brittany's kids! WTF! I called security and they told me they will give me a call back. In the meantime I am walking up and down the parking lot looking for a Ford truck. But seems that this office is smart enough to stay away from American cars, cause all I could see were Bimmers, Acura, MBs, Lexus and the like.

Security finally called me back to tell me that someone had called to report it, but she had to go to a doctors appointment and she will be back the next day. So for lunch, because I lost my appetite, I went to a cheap repair shop. $1600. The only reason I wouldn't have the guy do the work is that he entered an aftermarket bumper. I will check tomorrow at a Lexus Certified body shop for a proper estimite.

In the meantime, enjoy the pics!!

Her SUV guzzles gas and eats cars!!
Old 10-23-07, 12:38 AM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Looks like you need a new bumper and fender + paint. Are the headlights damaged? Sorry to hear and I hope she pays for it.
Old 10-23-07, 06:38 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

man i almost had some chick back out of her spot into my car yesterday, woulda taken out my whole passenger side from the front fender to the rear QP by the time I would have beenable to stop. My speed about 25mph (luckily, cause i never go more than 10 in parking lots) and this idiots awareness, half second later i would have been toast, She would have died.

anyway, sorryfor going OT, good luck....
Old 10-23-07, 06:59 AM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hit and Run, happened to my wife's RX in a parking lot. Worst case scenario your uninsured motorist portion of your insurance will cover the damages. Hopefully the person at fault will continue to do the right thing.
Old 10-23-07, 07:46 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-23-07, 08:01 AM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

Daymn that guys quote is expensive. All you need is a bumper and fenders painted. Unless your headlights are messed up. Good luck with it man! Keep us posted
Old 10-23-07, 08:34 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

definitely keep us posted. sorry about the accident. i had one of those happen the second week i had my gs
Old 10-23-07, 08:44 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I get pissed just looking at those pictures, man.

$1500-$1600 looks about right to me though...if they're actually replacing the bumper and fixing/blending the fender.

You want it done right, just let her insurance take care of it. Don't pinch pennies since it wasn't your fault.
Old 10-23-07, 08:51 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...that sucks! I hope you get it all fixed without too much hassle. The thing I hate too is that even if you park in the most remote further part of a parking lot to avoid this kind of thing, you come back to find someone parked right next to you!! Hopefully that lady is honest enough to come back and give her info (but that's rare in this day and age). Good luck, and keep us updated on the progress.
Old 10-23-07, 08:56 AM
Rare1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damm that blows. Hopefully she comes back and sticks to her word.
Old 10-23-07, 10:32 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope that ladies comes thru in full. It doesnt look like you need to replace any parts, just a bit of bondo and paint. But since she's paying, get everything replaced OEM.

GL man, hope all turns for the better.
Old 10-23-07, 10:45 AM
movinquick
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

my friend just went thru a similar situation with his ES but the guy actually left a note. insurance paid out $1550 or something close. things will work out fine, it won't get fixed any quicker if you're pissed. so don't stress! i would be pissed too, hopefully it was the woman who crashed the car that had the courtesy to report it and not some witness. good luck.
Old 10-23-07, 12:12 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Sorry to hear about the accident - I had the same thing happen to me 2 days ago in my G35 Coupe. I hope you can get it fixed without having to buy a new bumper. If you do need a bumper - I still have my factory bumper its an alpine silver bumper for '99 GS.. No Damage just some minor scratches..
Old 10-23-07, 12:55 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

She shall rise again!!!

Sorry to see her like that =[ Trucks shouldn't hit their girls! lol
Old 10-23-07, 02:13 PM
piratesoul
Driver School Candidate

That sucks. Let me know if you need a good body shop in the wester burbs (Naperville). My neighbor owns a couple of car-star shops and has done a lot of work for me.

Quick Reply: Another Soccer mom gets another one of us!!