GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

2GS FAQ: Merged car cover threads

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-01, 08:52 AM
sanssome

Question 2GS FAQ: Merged car cover threads

Anyone care to render opinions on what they believe are the best car covers out there? I'm considering a Covercraft WeatherShield. Looking for good element protection (including UV, rain, birds, sap) as well as something that's lightweight and rolls up easily into a small bag.
Old 03-04-01, 02:16 PM
Grush
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with California Car Cover's Noah(correction) series. Nice product and light weight.

Last edited by Grush; 03-04-01 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-04-01, 05:42 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Car Cover

I used the Evolution 3 on my old 'Vette. It was heavy enough to protect from a hailstorm but breathable so any moisture underneath wouldn't harm the paint. Word of caution - NEVER put the cover on a dirty car as the wind will cause the cover to grind the dirt into your finish, causing scratches that even Zaino won't hide!
Old 03-04-01, 09:32 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

Definitely a NOAH car cover! I would also suggest Zaino wax.
Old 06-10-01, 08:20 PM
ceoart
Pole Position

Question

I am getting so sick of trying to keep clean my Black GS 430 and the big hassle I have with water spots. Will the GS430 Car Cover that the Lexus Dealer sells protect my car from the rain and keep it clean etc? How hard is it to put on and take off? Also does it have a lock or something to prevent someone from stealing it?
Old 06-10-01, 08:34 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

C,

in general, car covers require time and effort to put on and take off. but the result is worth it.. instead of dealers, i highy recommend the followings:

materials: Evolutions 3/4, or NOAH

sources: blue ribbon motor in san diego 800-874-888

www.autoanything.com
this co. is quite helpful as they explain o you the material you need for your climate and need

or, www.autoaccessories.com

they both let you pick out the materials you prefer and custom made the cover for you.
for locking, get the locking cable that runs underneath the car with lock.
Old 06-11-01, 04:53 AM
mjdart
Driver

Post Car covers

To own a black car you either don't car how it looks or it must be perfect at all times. I am the later and a good cover will save you countless hours of work. The best all around performers right now is either the NOAH or Superweave based covers. They are light weight, breathable, good for UV protection and lower your interior temp a good 15 degrees. This last feature will save your interior also. The covers come with a couple of sewn in gromets which allow the use of a cable and lock for security. You can also mark the cover with your cars VIN # for security also. I've been using covers since the late 70's and would never go without. Just placed my order last week for my newest baby my '01 IS 300 The covers are coustom fit to your car and fit like OJ's glove. You must take your cover to a laundromat to wash it and believe it or not you dump in a bottle of Fantastik Cleaner as recommended by Kimberly Clark the manufacturer of the material. Expect to pay about $150 to $170 and it will last 3-4 years in severe climates (heavy UV doses).
Old 06-11-01, 04:54 AM
mjdart
Driver

Default I'm a cover nut!

To own a black car you either don't car how it looks or it must be perfect at all times. I am the later and a good cover will save you countless hours of work. The best all around performers right now is either the NOAH or Superweave based covers. They are light weight, breathable, good for UV protection and lower your interior temp a good 15 degrees. This last feature will save your interior also. The covers come with a couple of sewn in gromets which allow the use of a cable and lock for security. You can also mark the cover with your cars VIN # for security also. I've been using covers since the late 70's and would never go without. Just placed my order last week for my newest baby my '01 IS 300 The covers are coustom fit to your car and fit like OJ's glove. You must take your cover to a laundromat to wash it and believe it or not you dump in a bottle of Fantastik Cleaner as recommended by Kimberly Clark the manufacturer of the material. Expect to pay about $150 to $170 and it will last 3-4 years in severe climates (heavy UV doses).
Old 07-11-01, 01:34 PM
gswatkins
Driver School Candidate

Who has experience with car covers for the GS, Good/Bad?

Thanks,

Lance
Old 07-11-01, 01:48 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default Lexus Car Cover

I have the "Lexus" car cover, only because I needed it "today" (at the time) and it was the only one available on short notice. I was not thrilled with it, but covers deepend alot on your specific location and needs in a cover.

If you are looking for medium grade protection I'd say the Lexus cover will work well (need to specify with or without spoiler) Fits very well and has an integrated bag for storage (you'll never be able to fold it that small though).

If you want the ultimate in protection I'd recommend a NOAH car cover or an Evolution 4 fabric cover. I used to have an Evolution 3 cover for my Mustang, and it was great strong, soft, breathable and it could be locked down.
Old 07-11-01, 03:51 PM
gsnav
Lead Lap

I got the weatherguard car cover for my GS and it even fits over my body kit and stuff perfectly. It is a great cover and it is great on the car. From what i hear or have heard, this is prolly one of the best car covers out there, but it'll cost you.

GsNav@clublexus.com
Old 07-11-01, 05:33 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Before I left for 6 months I looked into a car cover (no garage, stupid condo) and the body guy that painted my bumpers said that I would be worse off covering it for that long because dirt gets under it and scratches the $h!t out of the paint. Anybody think there is truth to this or does it depend on the cover and the length of time??
Old 06-27-03, 04:34 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up NOAH car cover

Just received my car cover from Noah today. 1st impressions are excellent quality and very soft material. Put it on the car and fits like a glove. It has pockets for the side mirrors and it covers everything except for about an inch of the wheel and tire. I got the one with the spoiler as I am going to be installing the win spoiler as soon as I get it. It is going to rain tonight so I will post how it does in the rain.
Old 06-27-03, 05:43 PM
jbbnet
Lead Lap

i bought one too........ 142.00 online...... i plan on only using it for the winter........ daily use can collect dirt in the cover and scratch the car i hear. just keep the car clean when you install it and keep the cover clean also.......
Old 06-28-03, 10:21 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: NOAH car cover

Originally posted by GS300Rich
Just received my car cover from Noah today. 1st impressions are excellent quality and very soft material. Put it on the car and fits like a glove. It has pockets for the side mirrors and it covers everything except for about an inch of the wheel and tire. I got the one with the spoiler as I am going to be installing the win spoiler as soon as I get it. It is going to rain tonight so I will post how it does in the rain.
ya tell me hw it it cus i've been looking 4 a better cover, the one i have stinks , leaves the wheels half way xposed andwhen it rains and i take the cover off the next day it makes doesn't protect the car from getting those wet spots and marks....

Quick Reply: 2GS FAQ: Merged car cover threads